Birmingham History Thread - then and now | Page 2 | Vital Football

Birmingham History Thread - then and now

Moved to Gas Street was it - or was that where it was? lol

I know it at least originally moved as an ex's old man worked there, be tragic if they have shut it completely now.

I thought it was at Millenium point how Thinktank or something> remember going there about 15 years ago unless its gone now

Just looked at the prices. Will set you back 48 quid for a family of 4.

Not a cheap day out is it.

I went round the Deutsches Museum in Munich absolutely huge, it would take a week to see it all it's that big. A family of 4 is 29 Euros now. Birmingham is of similar size to Munich, but the city knocks Brum into a cocked hat.

I always struggle with where the 'ship ashore' used to be, if anyone could help that would be great! I'm thinking it was right next to moor street. Might be wrong

I always struggle with where the 'ship ashore' used to be, if anyone could help that would be great! I'm thinking it was right next to moor street. Might be wrong

It was, indeed, the old gaff next to Moor street. The people that ran The West End Bar... back of snowhill, moved there years back, was never as good as the West End Bar, but still had a good few sessions there

It was, indeed, the old gaff next to Moor street. The people that ran The West End Bar... back of snowhill, moved there years back, was never as good as the West End Bar, but still had a good few sessions there

there used to be some really good boozers in drum. Sadly most of them gone!

I traveled from Aston to school in Kingstanding (Cardinal Wiseman) and us two lads from Aston weren't very popular with the locals shall we say until we finally convinced them after endless fights in "the gully" to back off and by the 2nd year no one bothered us for the rest of the years.

I still hated it all though and wished I stayed local but my parents thought they knew best but in this case they were wrong.