Democracy in the UK... | Page 91 | Vital Football

Democracy in the UK...

Harry and Meghan, does anyone give a shit?
I'm sick to the teeth of seeing it on the news and in the press, and hearing it on the radio.
I care more about getting my tomatoes going! The only element of their story that bothers me is whether they are being helped by the tax payer. The same goes for the rest of the family.
Time for the lot of them to disappear into history where they belong. Whilst many are changing the past, why not throw this lot in the mixer!

Harry and Meghan, does anyone give a shit?
I'm sick to the teeth of seeing it on the news and in the press, and hearing it on the radio.
I care more about getting my tomatoes going! The only element of their story that bothers me is whether they are being helped by the tax payer. The same goes for the rest of the family.
Time for the lot of them to disappear into history where they belong. Whilst many are changing the past, why not throw this lot in the mixer!

My take on this is that our Australian cousins have, so far, failed to remove Queenie as head of state after several referenda to try to do so.

If they can't do it, there is literally no chance of us doing so up here in Blighty. There are far too-many cap-doffing fore-lock tugging little-Englanders for that to ever happen.

My take on this is that our Australian cousins have, so far, failed to remove Queenie as head of state after several referenda to try to do so.

If they can't do it, there is literally no chance of us doing so up here in Blighty. There are far too-many cap-doffing fore-lock tugging little-Englanders for that to ever happen.

Talking to my son about the 'Royal Family' just yesterday.

They are basically part of a long line of the some of the greatest scam artists in history. There's uproar everywhere when some lowlife scams an old lady for a couple of grand with a fake vaccine - quite rightly - but half the population fawns and flops around about a family that's connected to someone who decided hundreds of years ago to say they were the special one, as annointed by God. Wake up! It's the 21st Century.

They are basically part of a long line of the some of the greatest scam artists in history. There's uproar everywhere when some lowlife scams an old lady for a couple of grand with a fake vaccine - quite rightly - but half the population fawns and flops around about a family that's connected to someone who decided hundreds of years ago to say they were the special one, as annointed by God. Wake up! It's the 21st Century.

I think he fact they call themselves "The Firm" sums it up, really.

And of course their own system of succession has several times been (literally) usurped. So current bunch not even there under their own rules.
The Tudors seized power via killing then king.
Then James II & VII overthrown by a bloke from Holland, invited to invade and conquer.
In between parliament also chopped off a royal head.
Lincolnshire's own Henry Bolingbroke grabbed the throne whilst everyone fought over the Roses.
The Normans sailed in and kicked out the Saxons who themselves had invaded some time before and in between the Danes grabbed things.

Edward IV is reckoned to be have been illegitimate so also king in breach of their own "rules".

The plantagenets popped over at some point.

Even in recent times, George V was sure he'd get kicked out the same as his doppelganger cousin the Tsar had been and renamed all our German royals with a fake name "Windsor" and his son wanted Hitler to take over and so he got kicked out.

The "Royals" are not exactly the epitome of stability as they have endeavoured to portray.

Billions wasted on ramming through PPE contracts for crappy buddies of this government, now the real heroes of the crisis are due a pay rise and guess what? We can't afford it... f**k this bunch of incompetent chancers, charlatans and losers..

[I][IMG]https://forums-cdn.vitalfootball.co.uk/data/avatars/m/9/9883.jpg?1525782103[/IMG][/I]
Sincilbanks
Vital 1st Team Regular

May 30, 2020

NottyImp said:
Great article here from a doctor on the front-line:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...i-do-a-doctors-dispatches-from-intensive-care
"For NHS staff, the speech felt a little like prime ministerial gaslighting. At this point in the pandemic, the Cheltenham races were still in full tilt, some 250,000 people jamming into the stands over four days, and schools were still open. Government discussions about abandoning community testing for herd immunity had just been leaked, to great consternation. And PPE guidance for frontline staff had just been mysteriously downgraded so that most of us now were (indeed, still are) advised to wear equipment that fell short of World Health Organisation and EU standards. Meanwhile, friends working in intensive care in London were describing unfolding horrors in their ICUs. “I don’t know how much longer I can take it without lockdown,” one of my colleagues murmured as we walked towards the hospital. “I mean, have they actually decided to just ignore what’s going on in Italy?”

Everyone with even the most basic medical training, and those who bothered to educate themselves knew this was coming, knew what the cost would be, knew what the pain for the NHS staff would be and yet our government stood by and did so little preparation that one hesitates to say what their motive might have been.

Remember this when a miracle has happened and things start to get to normal in a years time, remember this when Boris' and his government start to try and take credit for managing this crisis successfully. Remember this when people start taking our NHS for granted again, remember this when the minimum wage discussion comes up for delivery drivers, public transport workers and retail workers, remember this when our food prices skyrocket. They cannot manage anything except by last minute, panic driven, news cycle focused reactions designed to make tomorrow's headlines look vaguely better, they are not interested in making things better by hard work, attention to detail and effective forward planning, this is not in their culture or in their range of abilities.

Well now, I was promised £350 million per week extra for the NHS after Brexit.

Where's the money?

Care to comment, Hulloutpost? After all, you supported and voted for Brexit. Where's the money for our NHS workers?

Last edited:
And of course their own system of succession has several times been (literally) usurped. So current bunch not even there under their own rules.
The Tudors seized power via killing then king.
Then James II & VII overthrown by a bloke from Holland, invited to invade and conquer.
In between parliament also chopped off a royal head.
Lincolnshire's own Henry Bolingbroke grabbed the throne whilst everyone fought over the Roses.
The Normans sailed in and kicked out the Saxons who themselves had invaded some time before and in between the Danes grabbed things.

Edward IV is reckoned to be have been illegitimate so also king in breach of their own "rules".

The plantagenets popped over at some point.

Even in recent times, George V was sure he'd get kicked out the same as his doppelganger cousin the Tsar had been and renamed all our German royals with a fake name "Windsor" and his son wanted Hitler to take over and so he got kicked out.

The "Royals" are not exactly the epitome of stability as they have endeavoured to portray.
The current lot are Germans invited over to take over from Queen Anne aren't they?

The current lot are Germans invited over to take over from Queen Anne aren't they?

Completely German after Anne and up to Edward VII.
George V had a Danish mum (I think).
Queen Mary? German also I think.
So Edward VIII & George VI mostly German.
Current Liz II had a Scottish mum so most Scottish one since Anne.
And Prince Phil is (not quite yet 'was') Danish, born in Greece.

Lady Di English so Wills will come in half-English. And his brood mostly English therefore, should there be a monarchy by then.