Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham? | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham?

I think it’s hard to criticise the manager when he’s come in at an abnormal time, after a spectacular capitulation, and is having to try and win points without having the time on the training ground due to there being 2 games basically every week.

We talk about clubs and their identities, well our identity is playing poor football, not scoring much, and trying to scrap results, and it has been for about two years. There was a wonderful spell where that identity won us a lot of points, but you could count on one hand the number of standout performances.

When you combine that with bad and/or desperate signings, that themselves follow no common pattern or design, it’s really hard for a manager to build a good, coherent side. It’s just our luck that Scott McKenna, who looked a very high-quality signing, has turned into a crock.

Personally, I think that if Hughton can’t get us going again, there’s very few who will.

For what its worth I dont for one second think we should getrid of CH. If hed been glossing over the failings then maybe id be questioning him but from day one hes talked sense, he know we are shit in the final third. Id genuinelly let him have a major major clearout and start again. Judge him on the starting line up next season

You'd expect our defence to be a bit more solid by now...
It's a lot more solid than it was.

It let us down twice in two games, and the game before that was a worldie.

Derby were 2-0 down here within 20 minutes.

Watford are the second best attacking force in the football league, and in two games they have scored once, largely because Bong is shite and Samba was slow to get up

CH has again made some stupid choices that's given us little chance to get anything out of this game, Bong and Freeman anyone could see that was going to be a problem and he waited till near the end to change it? Murray starting again after 90 minutes midweek and 70 odd last weekend he was spent after 20 again, but leaves him on for the whole game labouring about. I've no confidence in us getting anything from these next games maybe a point, Ch will say they are a good side and it's fine margins but they never got out of 1st gear
At his age he should not be playing 90 minutes, he's a good player but he can't do the levels of work that's needed. If we were flying high and had high energy quality players around him you could maybe get away with it but we aren't.
You're right he's just said pretty much that

I said last week we needed 6 points from Derby and Luton or we would be in the shit. The best we can hope for is a point v Reading, because we ain't getting anything from Cardiff, Norwich, or Brentford.

Did we have a shot on target today? And when we do the players are so scared of missing they shit their pants. That starts with the way the manager sets us up. CH has done half a job by making us more difficult to score against but doesn't seem to know how to address our lack of goals. Disappointing, I thought he was a good appointment but HE needs to push on now, not just the players.

Did we have a shot on target today? And when we do the players are so scared of missing they shit their pants. That starts with the way the manager sets us up. CH has done half a job by making us more difficult to score against but doesn't seem to know how to address our lack of goals. Disappointing, I thought he was a good appointment but HE needs to push on now, not just the players.

Hes tried every combination of players to be fair and week in week out tells us clearly that they aint good enough, dont have the pace or composure or energy levels. If he was saying differently fair enough but right now I really think he will get rid of most of them

I said last week we needed 6 points from Derby and Luton or we would be in the shit. The best we can hope for is a point v Reading, because we ain't getting anything from Cardiff, Norwich, or Brentford.
I fancy us against Reading, but the following three will likely be straight defeats.

Our April and May games are all very winnable though.

Our forward movement is laboured at best, our passing is slow and the end result is when a shooting opportunities come our players are under too much pressure. It starts on the training ground in my opinion hence my criticism of Hughton. I think we're safe this season but we aren't exactly helping ourselves.

If we want to score more goals we need to set up to do so, rather than to set up not to concede. Having Murray on his own up front isn't working; he is slow of thought and isn't gambling in front of goal. He looks like he's reacting and hoping rather than anticipating. Taylor for next game for me.

Krov can pass but he won't score many goals in the No 10 role. He just hasn't got it re scoring goals. Why not try Lolley in the no 10 role. He looked decent today. We know he can score goals.

Knocky and Ameobi/Mighton/Freeman on the wings.

Left back is still a big problem. Neither Bong nor Ribeiro are good enough. Time to try Blackett again?

If we want to score more goals we need to set up to do so, rather than to set up not to concede. Having Murray on his own up front isn't working; he is slow of thought and isn't gambling in front of goal. He looks like he's reacting and hoping rather than anticipating. Taylor for next game for me.

Krov can pass but he won't score many goals in the No 10 role. He just hasn't got it re scoring goals. Why not try Lolley in the no 10 role. He looked decent today. We know he can score goals.

Left back is still a big problem. Neither Bong nor Ribeiro are good enough. Time to try Blackett again?

Ribs is part of a back 4 that is generally accepted as one of the meanest back fours tho We shouldnt overlook that. He's fulfilled his defensive duties in that sense

Maybe we should stop looking at fullbacks being as instrumental in attack, more a bonus.

Freeman on the wing? Are you mad..I’m quicker than him and I’m old/slow