NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 503 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm mibee they're both in the same....Wigan Athletic go bump....the SC/ Plan B / Holocaust part Z....we become Wigan Athletic in the Northern Premier...
BTW C.Latic I also donated but won't be asking for my money back if we do become a phoenix club....once a Tic, always a Tic, despite being a foreigner of sorts in this part of the world ( Ashton) - 34 years n counting if that helps !!!
Just my personal decision Jock. If the money is used to help take the club on should we not find a buyer, fine. If the money is used to purchase a significant stake in the club under promising new ownership, fine. I did not donate my money though to facilitate the starting of a brand new club with no history in tier nine playing on some local park. I support Wigan Athletic!

Why don't the Admins and the SC make joint statements,
instead of confusing statements.

Stanley says the deal has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

SC: They are at an advanced stage of negotiations and,
based on our conversations,
we remain optimistic that a successful conclusion can be reached.

Are the Admins and SC working together as the statements are miles apart.
For all the stick I give the SC their updates aren't badly written and address on going situations. I don't think the 12 year old the admin have writing theirs would want the extra work of having to deal with two organisations!

The SLO rarely comes on here, so I've posted the following over on CL (where he has a dedicated thread):

Hi Jason,
Given the very worrying statement given by Paul Stanley re the Bahraini team going very quiet, coupled with other rumours re there being no other credible bidders, and topped off by the Admins saying last friday that there’d be no further friday updates, isn’t it appropriate (and timely) that the Supporters Club issue another update. I appreciate the restrictions they’re under with regard to confidentiality, and I also understand that some people will moan if it doesn’t tell them every last little detail, but at this worrying time, something is surely better than nothing.

Most of us (I am sure) are very appreciative of their ongoing efforts, but a slight improvement in comms – even if only to give a warm vibe – would go a long way to calming down the more pessimistic element of our fanbase …….. and it’s a bloody big element !

Many thanks

Reet Moonay, i think a big THANK YOU is in order for the email/prompt you sent to Jason, it seemed to get a reaction, i for one have been banging on for weeks about the lack of comms from the SC so its much appreciated, it shows the admins for what they are, well done pal and thanks again. :clap:

The chasm between what the SC have said today and the admins yesterday is significant which given they are talking regularly is strange no ?. Someone is not being truthful here !

Just playing devils advocate here Hampton but why can't both be true ?

Stanley says mid week that comms have gone cold.
SC confirm on Friday that they spoke to Barhrain group on Thursday.
Nixon confirms on Friday that Bathrain group activity has increased in the last 24 hours.

Is it just possible that Stanley's public statement gave the Bahraini's the kick up the arse that was needed to get them moving again ? If so, then you'd have to say well done Stanley, your tactic appears to have worked (albeit through gritted bloody teeth).

I also understand that some people will moan if it doesn’t tell them every last little detail, but at this worrying time, something is surely better than nothing.
As T&C said all credit to you for stirring the SC into some form of comms 👏👏👏

However just to point out the extract from your mail - is that not exactly what I did and got called a hypocrite for 🤔

Just saying....😉

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...stage-of-wigan-athletic-takeover-race-3156291

This is great news. Local businessman involved (lives 35 minutes away from the DW)
Also Saul Loggenberg is involved with the takeover but will NOT be involved with the club once its complete.
That sounds A really interesting bid. Same as the Royal one. I am glad we seem to be getting good bidders and not people promising roofs and players from all over world or people who thteatened go put the last club they owned into admin after a disagreement with fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: WN3
Just playing devils advocate here Hampton but why can't both be true ?

Stanley says mid week that comms have gone cold.
SC confirm on Friday that they spoke to Barhrain group on Thursday.
Nixon confirms on Friday that Bathrain group activity has increased in the last 24 hours.

Is it just possible that Stanley's public statement gave the Bahraini's the kick up the arse that was needed to get them moving again ? If so, then you'd have to say well done Stanley, your tactic appears to have worked (albeit through gritted bloody teeth).

Fair point, but the SC said they had spoken to the Bahraini's about the situation, couldn't the Admins have done the same instead of going public and winding the fans up in the process?

Edit....If that was the admins plan to cause a shit storm amongst the fans then lets not give them the credit, it was one of our own that got the reaction needed.

Reet Moonay, i think a big THANK YOU is in order for the email/prompt you sent to Jason, it seemed to get a reaction, i for one have been banging on for weeks about the lack of comms from the SC so its much appreciated, it shows the admins for what they are, well done pal and thanks again. :clap:
Ta, but I doubt my message had much to do with it. The SC update came out pretty quickly soon afterwards. I suspect it was already in the pipeline .... in which case, they deserve credit for recognising the fact it was (desperately) needed.

As Wlatic says, it was very well composed too - far better than those from the Admins. Let's hope the SC take it on themselves to do their own weekly updsate from now on .........IN FACT, No, SCRUB THAT ..... let's hope no more are going to be required !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.