NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 496 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone buy us at the minute when they can wait another month or 6 weeks. Then they will have a better idea of what division we will be in next season and also save themselves a few hundred thousand pounds in salaries and running costs.

The reason we are going into league 2 next season is down to pissing about by so called bidders. If you want us in league put the money on the table and get it done. Bring Ian Holloway in who is out of a job and if he keeps us up offer him a deal. If your gonna sit back and let the inevitable happen then fuck off now and stop wasting our time. Time we dont have.

The reason we are going into league 2 next season is down to pissing about by so called bidders. If you want us in league put the money on the table and get it done. Bring Ian Holloway in who is out of a job and if he keeps us up offer him a deal. If your gonna sit back and let the inevitable happen then fuck off now and stop wasting our time. Time we dont have.
Problem is the best chance we had since the season started to stay up was for the new owners to be in place before the January transfer window, so they could bring in the appropriate players and staff to keep us up. Well the administrators put paid to that by ring fencing the sale of the club for two months by handing exclusivity to the Spanish. Meaning that when they pulled out we had no chance of getting any new owner in before the end of the window.

Bravo Begbies you twats!

They are back in the pram and the cover is on, no issue here and nothing else I hear and believe to be true will be shared on here.
The snippet I shared is more than the SC have shared - no ?

Hampton, I understand you not wanting to reveal the source of the info you have posted, but surely you see the hypocrisy that Moonay and Jock are pointing out.

If you reveal your source then he or she will fall foul of the authorities for their breach, but that also applies to the SC, which you have criticised for failing to reveal any info they have. Neither you nor them are in a position to reveal anything as the repercussions could prove damaging to either the individual or the organisation.

I suggest like the SC it is better to keep schtum, like the SC, unless your source is willing to be quoted.

This is not meant to be a criticism, more a piece of gentle advice.

Problem is the best chance we had since the season started to stay up was for the new owners to be in place before the January transfer window, so they could bring in the appropriate players and staff to keep us up. Well the administrators put paid to that by ring fencing the sale of the club for two months by handing exclusivity to the Spanish. Meaning that when they pulled out we had no chance of getting any new owner in before the end of the window.

Bravo Begbies you twats!

CL, I am not defending the Admins but do you not understand that once a bidder puts a deposit down he will get exclusivity. That is what will happen as soon as any of the bidders place a deposit this time.

The difference this time is that the Admins learned the lesson of not accepting a deposit until the EFL have accepted that the bidders are fit and proper and have provided the financial documents to pass the owners and directors test.

Is it any wonder Latics fans are losing interest concerning matters relating
to this takeover, like us, they are sick of of being 'marched' up and down the
'hill' without buyer.

There is only so long, you can string fans along with this situation without a result, before the fan base will diminish because they are getting fed up.

there will be no take over unless the club is sold for a knock down price, and even then to sell this club would be dam difficult.
there is very little future for us brothers.

Hampton, I understand you not wanting to reveal the source of the info you have posted, but surely you see the hypocrisy that Moonay and Jock are pointing out.

If you reveal your source then he or she will fall foul of the authorities for their breach, but that also applies to the SC, which you have criticised for failing to reveal any info they have. Neither you nor them are in a position to reveal anything as the repercussions could prove damaging to either the individual or the organisation.

I suggest like the SC it is better to keep schtum, like the SC, unless your source is willing to be quoted.

This is not meant to be a criticism, more a piece of gentle advice.
The difference is that I have shared a damm sight more than the SC have so don't agree with the comparison with the SC who could have taken the same approach with some willing individual. In my view not sharing what I understand to be true would have been hypocritical- but each to their own
Anyways no offense taken, by me anyway, and next time I have anything on this which may be of interest to some forum users I will refrain from sharing !

The difference is that I have shared a damm sight more than the SC have so don't agree with the comparison with the SC who could have taken the same approach with some willing individual. In my view not sharing what I understand to be true would have been hypocritical- but each to their own
Anyways no offense taken, by me anyway, and next time I have anything on this which may be of interest to some forum users I will refrain from sharing !

:hmmm:
You've shared that you believe a rumour to be true.
You've not revealed the source of the rumour ........nor your source.
You've not offered any other detail re the rumour ... none at all.

The SC raised concerns that eventually led to Cristo being barred and then Moreno walking away.

Come on mate, it's laughable. I may as well say "nope, it's not true, and I have that in good faith from someone whom I trust ........... Alan Nixon".

Should have put that shovel down earlier ..... you'd at least have some free hands with which to pick up your toys.
;)

Bloody hell Hampton...toys were out of the pram & are now back in the pram with said cover on but you've now gone one further & took your 'ball' back...always had u down as one who could take it on the chin & see the other side of the argument, guess not eh 😉

Apologies folks, I'm miles behind (bloody work getting in the way of important stuff) and I have skim read several pages to catch up, could someone point me to, re-post Hamptons actual revelations or tell me a keyword that I can search for. I'm intrigued.
Sorry.

:hmmm:
You've shared that you believe a rumour to be true.
You've not revealed the source of the rumour ........nor your source.
You've not offered any other detail re the rumour ... none at all.

The SC raised concerns that eventually led to Cristo being barred and then Moreno walking away.

Come on mate, it's laughable. I may as well say "nope, it's not true, and I have that in good faith from someone whom I trust ........... Alan Nixon".

Should have put that shovel down earlier ..... you'd at least have some free hands with which to pick up your toys.
;)
Don't really want to get into a 5 setter with you on this Moonay !
I simply shared info I believe to be true on a forum where folk are crying out for any clarity or insight into the state of our perilous predicament.
What have the SC shared since the Spaniards that has any detail attached ? - nowt
I then get pelted from many angles as a reaction, that's no problem am a big lad 😉
As I said earlier we will see if it's true or not in due course and I sincerely hope it isn't btw.
As Jock said I've now taken my ball back so you can play wi a tennis ball or a stone 😉
Will rest here I think

Don't really want to get into a 5 setter with you on this Moonay !
I simply shared info I believe to be true on a forum where folk are crying out for any clarity or insight into the state of our perilous predicament.
What have the SC shared since the Spaniards that has any detail attached ? - nowt
I then get pelted from many angles as a reaction, that's no problem am a big lad 😉
As I said earlier we will see if it's true or not in due course and I sincerely hope it isn't btw.
As Jock said I've now taken my ball back so you can play wi a tennis ball or a stone 😉
Will rest here I think

Well how about this. Confirm if they've either walked away, or are just sitting tight to see where we might end up division wise (so they might alter their bud value).

Be fair mate, you said nothing more than you thought summat to be true. You can't act as if you exposed a scandal !

"Since the Spaniards"?! Oh, so you accept that their actions were central to what happened there at least. Since then ..... what has there been to share. ...till now? It looks like they were very happy with the Bahrainis, who may or may not be getting cold feet. You say they've walked, Nixon says they've not, Stanley says cold feet.

You'd have none of the "pelting" (:rolleyes:) if you hadn't been so, so critical of the SC for their poor comms, ignoring the reasoning behind it.

By the way ...... is your horse called Mr Ed ?

Apologies folks, I'm miles behind (bloody work getting in the way of important stuff) and I have skim read several pages to catch up, could someone point me to, re-post Hamptons actual revelations or tell me a keyword that I can search for. I'm intrigued.
Sorry.

Yep, this was it. :shrug:

It's time to come clean and feck any NDAs even an anonymous tip off is good enough IMO.
One way or another, they need to share and confirm or deny if, to their knowledge, we are currently without any potential buyers.
Without going all LMB - I understand this is the case.

Yep, this was it. :shrug:

I'm still confused, sorry Moonay, (says more about me than anyone else).
Is the bit that Hamptons says is "more than anything that the SC have shared" this bit
"we are currently without any potential buyers " ?
I thought there was some in depth detailed post that I'd missed.

Didn’t this tool say last Friday there would no more updates?

As much as it’s not my preferred outcome, I think we’re close to the point for the SC to instigate their nuclear option and buy the club. Hopefully it would be short term ownership to facilitate an onward sale, as I have no faith in these incompetents currently in charge being able to broker a deal.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-admin-reports-very-very-cold-trail-3154512

Stanley says the trail has gone cold, and is pathetically pleaing interested people to get in touch like he was right at the start of the whole thing in July.

We’re done for.

If the Supporters' Club won't communicate with the fans, how long before the fans have to take action and plan for a phoenix club themselves?

So much for no further updates on the official website.

They are now just briefing the press instead.

Surely no further updates means that they will not be giving information out.

Status
Not open for further replies.