• Win

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know Nick and a lot will depend on how the players themselves are.

If a few are carrying knocks, fatigued etc then of course rotate a few but winning two games 4-0 back to back (regardless of the opposition) breeds confidence, surely everyone one of them is relishing the run of games we have coming up. Let them off the leash I say.
If any player that needs to be managed at this stage of the season, it is ND. There just isn't an equivalent backup.

Last edited:
If any player that needs to be managed at this stage of the season, it is ND. There just isn't an equivalent backup.

For me, Gio and Winks are perfectly good backups. As I've said many times, if you keep Winks on the right of Hojbjerg then you see a better player. Gio has also spent plenty of time in that deeper role.

Actually, it's Hojbjerg I worry about more. If he has to start being available for the latter stages of EL, then his workload increases.

Saying that, I remember when Poch played Dele as a deep-lying holder against Dortmund out of necessity because of injuries. I also remember playing a very good Liverpool side with a midfield of Winks, Eriksen and Dele. Football intelligence can get you a long way.

For me, Gio and Winks are perfectly good backups. As I've said many times, if you keep Winks on the right of Hojbjerg then you see a better player. Gio has also spent plenty of time in that deeper role.

Actually, it's Hojbjerg I worry about more. If he has to start being available for the latter stages of EL, then his workload increases.

Saying that, I remember when Poch played Dele as a deep-lying holder against Dortmund out of necessity because of injuries. I also remember playing a very good Liverpool side with a midfield of Winks, Eriksen and Dele. Football intelligence can get you a long way.
I am OK with that, but while Gio is out and will probably take few games to adapt upon his return, it's the combo of Winks and SIssoko that kills it for me! Creativity and SIssoko?... !

Let me make my point another way.

It is actually a better squad management DURING the game I would prefer see,

For example, we were 4-0 up @ 55 mins v Burnley. Why can't Kane get a rest at that point. It's not as if he was on a hat trick, nor do we have the mentality to go for the jugular!. Give the lads a 2-0 lead and they start focusing on content of their instagram message!

On that note, City were 2-1 up @ 80 mins. didn't see the bus brought out, instead they scored in 90 and 93rd mins!. Goals and winning breed confidence!

Momentum please. A final and a EL run awaits. COYS!

So Jose has the following 23 senior players available tonight excluding Whiteman.

Only Gio is missing through injury.

Does make you wonder which 3 will miss out from the squad altogether tonight. Last time round it was Rodon, Bergwijn and Tanganga.

To me, the younger guys still feel like the easiest targets to get the bad news from the manager. Personally, I'd have 2, if not 3, in the 20 man squad.

So Jose has the following 23 senior players available tonight excluding Whiteman.

Only Gio is missing through injury.

Does make you wonder which 3 will miss out from the squad altogether tonight. Last time round it was Rodon, Bergwijn and Tanganga.

To me, the younger guys still feel like the easiest targets to get the bad news from the manager. Personally, I'd have 2, if not 3, in the 20 man squad.
I'd give Doherty, Dier and Davies a Day off, bringing in the three on your list. Call it the D day!

Just make sure we remain potent at the other end!

Other sacrificial cockerels on my list would be SIssoko and/or Lamela.

Rodon and Tanganga to miss out again. We only need three CB’s, two starting, one on the bench.

Surely, Toby and Sanchez will start and Dier will get the nod over Rodon.

Aurier, I thinks keeps his place with Doherty on the bench.

Davies will be needed on the bench as Reggie is only just back from injury.

Personally, I’d leave Sissoko out of the 20. Winks, Dele and even Dier provide cover for the middle of the park and let’s be honest, Jose is only replacing Hojbjerg if he gets injured!

The bench for me:

Hart, Doherty, Davies, Dier, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn, Lamela, Vinicius

I'd give Doherty, Dier and Davies a Day off, bringing in the three on your list. Call it the D day!

Just make sure we remain potent at the other end!

Other sacrificial cockerels on my list would be SIssoko and/or Lamela.
Critical your D day = Triple D's thus also Triple successes this season Top 4, LC and Euro Cup, am I dreaming, there you go another D. LOL!

Critical your D day = Triple D's thus also Triple successes this season Top 4, LC and Euro Cup, am I dreaming, there you go another D. LOL!
Hey PY, Welcome to Alice in Wonder LAND!

Why not. Just have to believe. Triple successes?.... let's start with completing 3 x 4-0's, then we are on a roll!

I'll take a guess at the line up
Lloris
Aurier Sanchez, Dier, Reggie
Hoj, ND
Moura, Dele, Son
Kane

I think Toby will be rested.
Whilst it is confirmed Bale will play (start or sub), I think Dele ought to get his chance from the off.

If Burnley type 1st half, expect fair few changes 60 mins onward.

I'll take a guess at the line up
Lloris
Aurier Sanchez, Dier, Reggie
Hoj, ND
Moura, Dele, Son
Kane

I think Toby will be rested.
Whilst it is confirmed Bale will play (start or sub), I think Dele ought to get his chance from the off.

If Burnley type 1st half, expect fair few changes 60 mins onward.

That’s not a bad shout critical