Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT | Page 23 | Vital Football

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 3 March @ 6pm - BT

Should have had a pen, but we had all match to get back into that. Set a bad tempo at the get - go, far too sloppy, and once again (I forget the match I said the same a game or two back) we set the wrong sort of momentum early on.

Garbage level crossing from Elmo. Not one good cross from him despite numerous attempts. Just the 2nd clean sheet of the season for them.

We’ve always been shit against ten men. Could we not dedicate an afternoon of training tactically working on playing against ten men just a couple of times? We seem to get it wrong tactically every time.

This is why everyone thinks we've no Plan B because sometimes you do just have to change the shape and again we didnt. I thought Barkley gave us a tiny but more but taking off Traore and sticking Watkins out on the wing made us worse. Elmo, Sanson and Watkins had no ideas between them and it was almost as bad on the other side.

We don’t seem to have any idea or plan to beat the blocked defence. What is Dean and co telling them? We had to get to the byline and pull the ball back. That was up to either the wingers or full backs Targett didn’t want to know and Elmo doesn’t ever cross from the byline.

Disgusting performance. Zero creativity and ran out of ideas early on. For all the good this team does, once we go a goal down we never look like getting back into it. Serious flaws which need addressing quickly because its becoming a very bad habit.