NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 492 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is all that only when your liquidated and starting afresh

The original Bury were allowed to apply to join the National League as they were technically still in existence and had just had their EFL membership revoked as opposed to folding or starting from afresh like some of the other clubs I mentioned so these other clubs didn't have that route open to them.
The process after that is the same for any club whether it's an existing club who've been chucked out of their league, a new club or a phoenix club - The FA have a lot of leeway in where they put a club who applies for entry like that though
That's how Chester won their appeal against being put in the North West Counties coz they were able to successfully argue that "the Leagues Committee misinterpreted or failed to comply with section 1(a) of the Regulations for the Establishment and Operation of the National League System which states: ‘To provide clubs with a level of competitive football appropriate to their playing ability, stadium/ground facilities, economic means and geographical location.’"

Unless that rule has been changed then a Wigan Athletic bought by say the supporters club fund, with added financial backing, playing at the DW, with alot of season tickets sold, players signed up to contracts etc.. would have more chance of being placed higher up the non league pyramid system than a phoenix club set up would - in my opinion obviously. Having dealt with them a bit over the last few years the FA are a rule unto themselves

Sent by whom WN3? Given that you need to have a personal connection with people on Whatsapp (or at least, be in the same messaging group) I'm not sure why you'd say that "shite" gets sent by that method.................... unless that's the standard of your contacts.

Was it sent to you by someone who normally sends you shite? .......... if so, why bother telling us on here about it? ......... as your first post?

On the other hand, maybe you meant twitter........where there is admittedly a high degree of shite ....... but in which case, it's still not clear why you'd tell us, and especially so. without also saying who sent it, and why or how you think they might have heard this.

Sorry mate, but as a piece of news, this sounds dodgy ............ and as a wind-up, it's pretty pitiful.

Much like our team ........ must do better.
Sent by whom WN3? Given that you need to have a personal connection with people on Whatsapp (or at least, be in the same messaging group) I'm not sure why you'd say that "shite" gets sent by that method.................... unless that's the standard of your contacts.

Was it sent to you by someone who normally sends you shite? .......... if so, why bother telling us on here about it? ......... as your first post?

On the other hand, maybe you meant twitter........where there is admittedly a high degree of shite ....... but in which case, it's still not clear why you'd tell us, and especially so. without also saying who sent it, and why or how you think they might have heard this.

Sorry mate, but as a piece of news, this sounds dodgy ............ and as a wind-up, it's pretty pitiful.

Much like our team ........ must do better.

Sent in a former football team group chat. The message was forwarded into the group, so obviously been spread amongst different people.

I wasn’t suggesting it was a piece of news, I was clear from the beginning I think it was false information. I was seeing if other were aware of the , more than likely, false information. If they wasn’t.. they are now and know to ignore it if it reaches the realms of twitter.

Bury were liquidated weren't they

Not at the point they were removed from the EFL (& possibly not even now to be honest). They were allowed to start the season as they claimed that there were parties ready to buy the club but missed deadline after deadline to prove this & show a sale was progressing.
When they missed a final deadline to show a sale had been agreed they were booted out as they could not provide proof that they had the funds to complete the season
But they weren't liquidated and I can't find any record that they've been liquidated even now

Increasingly looking like we will need to rely on the plan b option.
An update from the SC, admins m, EFL is urgently needed

Sent in a former football team group chat. The message was forwarded into the group, so obviously been spread amongst different people.

I wasn’t suggesting it was a piece of news, I was clear from the beginning I think it was false information. I was seeing if other were aware of the , more than likely, false information. If they wasn’t.. they are now and know to ignore it if it reaches the realms of twitter.
Fair do, but only you will know whether or not the person sending/forwarding it
a) is a bullshitter
b) is a Tics fan
c) is a rugby fan, and/or
d) had connections to sources who might know such info.

It could only be forwarded into the group by a group member.

Most on here have learned to ignore things
Especially from first time posters

Fair do, but only you will know whether or not the person sending/forwarding it
a) is a bullshitter
b) is a Tics fan
c) is a rugby fan, and/or
d) had connections to sources who might know such info.

It could only be forwarded into the group by a group member.
A & B haha! One to be ignored for sure mate

And Moonay 😉🤣

I'm saving all my energy for when you (& others) tell us it's an appropriate time to comment on the government's handling of the pandemic, and the implementation of their wonderful Brexit deal.......... which some (and especially those in the ERG) are now disowning, even though they voted for it !

:innocent: :whist:

;)

The original Bury were allowed to apply to join the National League as they were technically still in existence and had just had their EFL membership revoked as opposed to folding or starting from afresh like some of the other clubs I mentioned so these other clubs didn't have that route open to them.
The process after that is the same for any club whether it's an existing club who've been chucked out of their league, a new club or a phoenix club - The FA have a lot of leeway in where they put a club who applies for entry like that though
That's how Chester won their appeal against being put in the North West Counties coz they were able to successfully argue that "the Leagues Committee misinterpreted or failed to comply with section 1(a) of the Regulations for the Establishment and Operation of the National League System which states: ‘To provide clubs with a level of competitive football appropriate to their playing ability, stadium/ground facilities, economic means and geographical location.’"

Unless that rule has been changed then a Wigan Athletic bought by say the supporters club fund, with added financial backing, playing at the DW, with alot of season tickets sold, players signed up to contracts etc.. would have more chance of being placed higher up the non league pyramid system than a phoenix club set up would - in my opinion obviously. Having dealt with them a bit over the last few years the FA are a rule unto themselves
I may be wrong, but I think the rules have changed since then as all the North West Counties clubs were understandably furious that Chester got placed two divisions higher on appeal, meaning they all missed out on huge paydays that a home fixture vs Chester would have brought.

The National League is in a sticky spot right now. North and South have been declared null and void, whilst two spots are expected to be vacant in the National League next season after Macclesfield's liquidation and Dover having taken it upon themselves to stop playing despite the National League continuing. Although talks are now underway with the North and South clubs who voted to continue the season about setting up a competition not including all the clubs who voted to null and void, with two promotion spots to the National League the prize.

In theory though, with all league below the National League null and void, Wigan could possibly take a vacant spot that would become vacant in either the National League or the National League North depending on whether this promotion competition takes place or not. It would either be that or we get put right at the bottom of the pyramid in the North West Counties so all the clubs get their financial pound of flesh as we make our way back up.

I'm saving all my energy for when you (& others) tell us it's an appropriate time to comment on the government's handling of the pandemic, and the implementation of their wonderful Brexit deal.......... which some (and especially those in the ERG) are now disowning, even though they voted for it !

:innocent: :whist:

;)
As I said above 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It would either be that or we get put right at the bottom of the pyramid in the North West Counties so all the clubs get their financial pound of flesh as we make our way back up.
Well seeing as everyone else has had at least 1 and in many cases multiples why should these men miss out !

John, i would like to say sorry that your post you thought was going to your
friend, got mixed up with me, because i should have pointed out, that i was
not in any of the photos i posted.

I am thankful to you and moonay for having that malicious post about me,
being removed very quickly.
No problem mate. To be fair, if I recollect rightly, I don't think the post was necessarily intended to be malicious ... just a little misguided.

I may be wrong, but I think the rules have changed since then as all the North West Counties clubs were understandably furious that Chester got placed two divisions higher on appeal, meaning they all missed out on huge paydays that a home fixture vs Chester would have brought.

The National League is in a sticky spot right now. North and South have been declared null and void, whilst two spots are expected to be vacant in the National League next season after Macclesfield's liquidation and Dover having taken it upon themselves to stop playing despite the National League continuing. Although talks are now underway with the North and South clubs who voted to continue the season about setting up a competition not including all the clubs who voted to null and void, with two promotion spots to the National League the prize.

In theory though, with all league below the National League null and void, Wigan could possibly take a vacant spot that would become vacant in either the National League or the National League North depending on whether this promotion competition takes place or not. It would either be that or we get put right at the bottom of the pyramid in the North West Counties so all the clubs get their financial pound of flesh as we make our way back up.

I don't think that it has changed, or if it has then there is still some leeway coz I remember there being a bit of a kerfuffle a year or two ago about the possibility of a club being placed higher up the pyramid to start off (I forget who it was & what eventually happened).
As a club secretary at a step 6 side (NWCFL equivalent) I can tell you that the whole pyramid is a mess at the moment - The FA are desperate to introduce their "perfect pyramid" & want in an ideal world to do it over the summer so they very carefully worded the end of the season announcement last week for steps 3 -6.
It hasn't been "null & voided" it's been curtailed which is a very deliberate change from their announcement last season. They've also said that they are looking at the feasibility of introducing their pyramid restructure this summer which they acknowledge will mean some clubs getting promoted but they claim they need to be careful how they do it so it doesn't trigger legal action from some clubs who miss out - take Jersey Bulls from our league P29 & W29 & already promoted last season before the null & void feel that they should be moved up. But last season technically didn't exist & this season they've only played 4 games. They feel last season should be reintroduced & an average points per game be introduced from 19/20 & 20/21 but then you have the likes of Staines Town who would have got relegated last season but this season were in a promotion spot & they wouldn't go up if the FA did that. Whilst others have argued that whilst Jersey have a 100% record they've only played 4 games this season & anything could have happened in their next 34 games.
And my club were 2nd (& a max of 2 wins from promotion) at the null & void stage last season & this season had played 12, won 10, drawn 1 & lost 1 before the lockdown so we'll be miffed if we don't get considered to go up
Ultimately though, all the leagues are invitational competitions so the FA can use whatever criteria it wants for putting a club in a league/division - it did it with the women's football last summer

Anyway, despite all that waffle, my original point was that if Latics were to get booted out of the EFL after the FA have decided the National League System (all clubs from National League down to NWCFL level) then it will be too late for us to be placed in any league & we'd have to wait for a season without any football before applying to join it

How come Charlton,Sunderland and even Wrexham have got new owners and yet we are still struggling.......what’s up with us .....why does no one want to buy Wigan athletic........I don’t get it.

Is it official that the Bahrainis have pulled out.......where is the information.

Charlz, if your only source for this worry is WN3's post, I would advise that you should rest easy.

Given that there's literally no other rumour of this anywhere (that I've seen anyway), it's more likely to be mischief making from someone.

Of course, it may turn out to be true ... but no need to worry about it until we hear from a credible source (with no disrespect intended toward WN3 or his bullshitting mate ! ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.