Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run? | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run?

I agree Murray has flattered to deceive and should have bagged more than his two paltry goals. However, he is good at keeping possession and linking up with the midfield and that is why Taylor is not the answer.

To me his first instinct is to fall over and nick cheap fouls as against trying to hold up the ball and retaining pressure. His falling over and losing the ball only puts pressure back on us. Maybe, he is not a typical back to defenders forward but more about making runs. The problem is we don't play that style of football.

Last night was a good opportunity to get into the top half and put further distance between us and the relegation zone. Our next 4 games are stinkers which, in a worst case scenario, could see us back down their in the mix.

Grabban is a big miss.

Murray has lost his reflexes . Not quick enough when it matters.

Krovinovic isnt good enough going forward for me. He does decent stuff but he doesnt look comfortable in forward areas.

Alot of the time last night we were just hitting it out wide and trying to hit murray with 2 or 3 players around him.

Lack of decisiveness and cutting edge in forward areas.

It was very disappointing. Cafu does not seem to be able to play football at all. That shot he had in the second half that he blazed high and wide was something that anyone who had listened in their PE lessons about keeping your head down would have been able to execute better than he did. Krovinovic played well again, which made his substitution mystifying when Cafu stayed on. But other than that, although people complain about Hughton not using the bench, who is there? He brought on Taylor, Ameobi and Mighten, all of whom people have said there is a case for starting. It made things worse. It is a confusing mess.

We lost out in midfield when changing to 442.

The strikers are starved, further, of possession, the side is pressurised as Luton could then compress their midfield and forwards onto our midfield with the result being the play being shunted out to the wings (where overloads were no longer possible) or a hopeful punt up field.
Their defence coped easily with the long ball stuff, and were surprisingly good in possession.

I’m a Hughton fan, but 442 doesn’t work, and I found it a bit puzzling that he didn’t recognise this post-match.

As you say, Krovinovic had another decent game and his play with the midfield two or wingers contributed a lot to our good play and general control.

With grabban in the side, think we’d have won that fairly comfortably.

Murray has enjoyed his games when two up top. More recently he has also done best when coming on in last 20 mins when game is stretched or chasing a goal. Taylor or Grabban has to start v Watford.

Lolley and Freeman are both passengers at present. Mighten when he came on had a fullback up tight with a player sweeping behind him. Needs to start. If nothing else game time is useful to him where as is wasted on other two.

Figi plays ok most of match but always has at least one mistake in him. As the game goes on that mistake is more likely. When pressure is on in last quarter he is likely to be found wanting. McKenna/Worrall looks a perfect partnership but how many games have they played together? In Mc’s absence Mbe Soh has to have a couple of games. He hasn’t let us down so far.

Cafu looked tired. Just a bit late on everything. Prefer Garner further forward of midfield defensive two. Have to find a way of releasing Christie and Ribz further forward. Forest carry most threat when they are running past their wingers. In doing so we are so open on the wings or between fullback and CB.

All very one paced. Not hungry enough. Need some PbR.

Lolley just cant cut it on the left wing. Always trying to cut inside and cant do it with his right foot. We were dominating was 60 to 40 possession at one stage last night but barely troubled their keeper.

Apologies all but I really can't be bothered to do the Fan Comments today. Luton fans have a matchday chat room that some use but otherwise they just start threads when they fancy.

If anybody else wants to do them I won't be offended in the slightest. Can be the odd interesting poster from memory.

https://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/

Taylor should start on Saturday Murray will be feeling these games would be madness to start him again, hopefully Yates is back and we can try him with garner rest Cafu. Mighten on the left knock on the right, they can switch wings so they can go on the outside occasionally.

Murray has enjoyed his games when two up top. More recently he has also done best when coming on in last 20 mins when game is stretched or chasing a goal. Taylor or Grabban has to start v Watford.

Lolley and Freeman are both passengers at present. Mighten when he came on had a fullback up tight with a player sweeping behind him. Needs to start. If nothing else game time is useful to him where as is wasted on other two.

Figi plays ok most of match but always has at least one mistake in him. As the game goes on that mistake is more likely. When pressure is on in last quarter he is likely to be found wanting. McKenna/Worrall looks a perfect partnership but how many games have they played together? In Mc’s absence Mbe Soh has to have a couple of games. He hasn’t let us down so far.

Cafu looked tired. Just a bit late on everything. Prefer Garner further forward of midfield defensive two. Have to find a way of releasing Christie and Ribz further forward. Forest carry most threat when they are running past their wingers. In doing so we are so open on the wings or between fullback and CB.

Grabz still not fit and ive seen nothing from LT that suggests he can play the lone striker. Have to hope grabz is fit cos many players looked knackered and the ones who should not be tired looked disinterested.

Grabban is a big miss.
is he fook. first half they put in more effort than the last year, further that lazy wuss is away from them the better. Not as if he scores anymore which was clearly his only asset. The problem is lack of goalscorers, including him.
Down to CH and the transfers and hopefully no more geriatric signings, 3 strikers over 30 we have, its pathetic really

Taylor should start on Saturday Murray will be feeling these games would be madness to start him again, hopefully Yates is back and we can try him with garner rest Cafu. Mighten on the left knock on the right, they can switch wings so they can go on the outside occasionally.
Knockys right foot is terrible, we are making the same mistake with him as with Lolley when they have to come inside and they get worked out. His left peg is quality so play him on the left, I mean come on. Not as if these wingers actually score more than a few each year even if allowed that freedom. They are paid for assists and they are assisting nothing

is he fook. first half they put in more effort than the last year, further that lazy wuss is away from them the better. Not as if he scores anymore which was clearly his only asset. The problem is lack of goalscorers, including him.
Down to CH and the transfers and hopefully no more geriatric signings, 3 strikers over 30 we have, its pathetic really
:unsure::unsure::unsure: :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

You don't have to, leave it for people that know what a good player is

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You don't have to, leave it for people that know what a good player is

On here, I doubt anyone has the experience or knowledge of the game that I have. I have played at the highest level.

If you are referring to Hughton, I will give him that one, just.

whats PbR?

Not quite sure about mckenna n woz, im sure they are both left sided.
I also think at this level every player is entitled to make one mistake and the team should be scoring enough goals to make those things be so costly. Then Figs playing well for 90% of a game would be viewed much better.
Its all about goals, has been all about goals for at least 3 seasons. Oky grabs tapped in 20 duing our good period but it still wasnt enough goals in the team playing that way.

On here, I doubt anyone has the experience or knowledge of the game that I have. I have played at the highest level.

If you are referring to Hughton, I will give him that one, just.
You played in europe. wtg. Was you in our European cup winning sides?
If you dont rate Mighten then I dont care what level you played at man, the boy is super talented and rated by most in the game. But most in the game have not won European cups I admit

You played in europe. wtg. Was you in our European cup winning sides?
If you dont rate Mighten then I dont care what level you played at man, the boy is super talented and rated by most in the game. But most in the game have not won European cups I admit

You do realise he's Tony Woodcock?