Pies | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pies

Oh, nothing like that....If in 1994 I could have got a work permit I was going to move out to the island, but wasnt to be!
Check out the flats at Tigne Point now Mozzer.
Start at about a million for a small one.
It’s changed tremendously but not necessarily for the better for the locals.

I stayed at the Tigne Hotel in 1994 and you could see then it needed work doing in the area. Loved Sliema (Lived there as a toddler when dad out there with the navy) but have also stayed in Qawra, St Pauls Bay, St Julians, Bugibba, and of course Valletta!

Stunning apartments and the view over the grand harbour over to Valetta is to die for!

Does anyone remember the beef and spitfire ale and chicken tikka pies we introduced at Priestfield about 20 years ago? They were made in the ground and introduced to some fanfare by Scally - they were amazing, slightly pricey for the time at about £3, but huge and the filling was delicious and being homebacked, the crust actually crispy rather than than soggy pukka ones served up at Priesftield and most other grounds before and after. They only last a season or two before reverting back to the pukka type dirge. The best I have had are the chicken balti ones at Walsall about 25 or so years ago.

Does anyone remember the beef and spitfire ale and chicken tikka pies we introduced at Priestfield about 20 years ago? They were made in the ground and introduced to some fanfare by Scally - they were amazing, slightly pricey for the time at about £3, but huge and the filling was delicious and being homebacked, the crust actually crispy rather than than soggy pukka ones served up at Priesftield and most other grounds before and after. They only last a season or two before reverting back to the pukka type dirge. The best I have had are the chicken balti ones at Walsall about 25 or so years ago.

There was a period under Jepson when the best part of the day was the spitfire and ale pie!