Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

My thought immediately turned to the 6-0 at Swindon when Tony Loxley made his only appearance partnering Mick Smith at centre back, but checking full backs were Dennis Leigh & Phil Hubbard. Having said that they were at the end of the careers so age difference between centre halves and full backs was probably the problem in that game.

I haven't checked back on any match reports but I have a feeling we may have been playing a 5-3-2 formation in that game. We certainly were doing so from a few games later on when Graham Cross arrived, as Colin Murphy tried to arrest the slide.

If so, the back three at Swindon would have been Hubbard (aged 30), Loxley (19) and Smith (20). Brendan Guest (20) although wearing the no. 7 shirt would have been at right back and Dennis Leigh (30) at left back.

Midfield would have been Harding, Ward (!) and Cockerill with a front two of Harford and Hobson.

Given our significant injury crisis if we get anything out of this match then it's a real bonus. Very tough and backs to the wall but you just know the lads will give it their all no matter who plays and where.

Come on you Imps!!

There is still plenty of talent in those that take the field. Key will be to keep it tight across the back and not to concede early on so heads don’t go down. Interesting game ahead. UTI.

This all feels far too much like a nail biting draw to me

I really want the boys to do a number on them tonight

Come on laps, up the imps

Attack best form of defence today?
I echo this comment, the key is not keeping a tight defence, its keeping the inexperienced and youthful defence as mainly spectators while the midfield and forwards run the show with beautiful fast flowing ball retaining football only giving possession away for restarts from the centre spot

Let's not give the opposition a head start tonight like we have in the last few games.This would be a good game to get a clean sheet

You'd expect wins for Hull and Sunderland tonight so we could do with a result

Doncaster-Pompey and Oxford-Posh look tasty matches

Just did a random check on iFollow to ensure it working and found out that the video and audio feed already up and running for tonights game.....

Stronger side out and on the bench than we initially feared, I hope the walking wounded can put on a decent show against Fl££twood.