Another one gone... | Vital Football

Another one gone...

Pretty sure the Portsmouth commentators mentioned at the weekend that rumours were Ipswich were about to be taken over, and were going to bring in Paul Cook as manager.

I reckon that has cost them given the length of his contract.
Inevitable really, given that they should not be languishing in league one, along with Sunderland, Charlton, Portsmouth, Hull ....

I thought their results had picked up recently as well. It seems to be more to do with the future plans for the club.

He's had backing and a fair amount of time. They have been dull as well ass not very good. He'll get another job.

Darren Moore has left Doncaster Rovers to take over at Sheffield Wednesday!

and Darren Moore gone to Sheff Weds - I bet SE/PR are miffed at missing out on that one, so maybe they'll be eyeing up Donny for next season. Perhaps that's why SE suddenly re-invented our promotion hopes to claim he's doing so brilliantly on (now this is a surprise) the lowest budget / smallest squad in the League (numbers not his strength!)

and Darren Moore gone to Sheff Weds - I bet SE/PR are miffed at missing out on that one, so maybe they'll be eyeing up Donny for next season. Perhaps that's why SE suddenly re-invented our promotion hopes to claim he's doing so brilliantly on (now this is a surprise) the lowest budget / smallest squad in the League (numbers not his strength!)
We don’t know about the budget but we’ve certainly got one of the smallest squads.
No doubt about that.
I looked on Bristol Rovers a few weeks back and they have 33 players in their first team squad.
Given the small squad, it’s probable that the budget is lower.

We don’t know about the budget but we’ve certainly got one of the smallest squads.
No doubt about that.
I looked on Bristol Rovers a few weeks back and they have 33 players in their first team squad.
Given the small squad, it’s probable that the budget is lower.

You'd have thought with a squad of 33, they'd be able to put out 11 half descent players!

He's had backing and a fair amount of time. They have been dull as well ass not very good. He'll get another job.
God knows why as his record is poor.I see recently he resorted to blaming the Club as ‘ everything is wrong here ‘ ( words to that effect) without, including himself in that presumably.
Nastypiece of work ,not very good and a twat imho.

Ipswich are about to be taken over by the owner of Phoenix Rising football club in USA. Ipswich are a weird team - for over a decade they’ve been bankrolled by Marcus Evans. He writes off £10 million debts a year, and that’s even in the Championship. And of course the fans hate him.

It would take a real reset of the entire football club as well as luck to make them a worthwhile purchase

Ipswich are about to be taken over by the owner of Phoenix Rising football club in USA. Ipswich are a weird team - for over a decade they’ve been bankrolled by Marcus Evans. He writes off £10 million debts a year, and that’s even in the Championship. And of course the fans hate him.

It would take a real reset of the entire football club as well as luck to make them a worthwhile purchase
Certainly seem a bit of a odd team these days I have now been here three months and I am yet to see a Ipswich shirt hat or anything .I am not near the town but they definitely don't seem to spead their fanbase to the north of the county.

Certainly seem a bit of a odd team these days I have now been here three months and I am yet to see a Ipswich shirt hat or anything .I am not near the town but they definitely don't seem to spead their fanbase to the north of the county.
I think attendance-wise there’s nothing wrong with them - there were nearly 20k last time we went up there a bit before lockdown, and that was when Ipswich were in horrid form. Norfolk and Suffolk could probably be compared with Kent in that they are decent sized counties with one professional team.

Like I say though, if the club is haemorrhaging money then you’ve got a job on your hands. They’re also one of those clubs you associate constant booing with.