City Ground | Page 30 | Vital Football

City Ground

To give a good indication of how long things take regarding new stands and new grounds, Everton started the process for Bramley Dock in 2017 and have just received planning permission.

Their process involved buying the land, which took just under a year to complete; the difficult part was gaining approval for their plans.

It goes to show that the length of time our application is taking is nothing out of the ordinary.

If you believe people who knew Levi in the area their new stadium was 40 years in the planning. The new stadium itself was in and out of planning for roughly 3-4 years before it gained planning approval. The land buying took well over a year and included one suspicious fire and the building took 2 years to build. We are only building one stand but big projects take time.

Our application is simplicity itself in my opinion. Of the objections that i have seen none are justified. RBC want to stop sitting on their hands and let the club move forwards ( if it wants to)

Would you rather have the revamped City ground or a new development at another site given the choice?
The new stand looks great, but we will still have 3 older stands with older amenities. Unless stage 2 is to gut the internal gubbings of the other 3 stands and upgrade toilets, concourse, food/bar outlets etc.

Does anyone know if there are plans for upgrades to other stands?

Would you rather have the revamped City ground or a new development at another site given the choice?
The new stand looks great, but we will still have 3 older stands with older amenities. Unless stage 2 is to gut the internal gubbings of the other 3 stands and upgrade toilets, concourse, food/bar outlets etc.

If you are asking me, a revamped City Ground because it (should) be almost there. A new ground and we are back to pie in the sky thinking.

New ground, the CG will never be suitable for generating the type of corporate revenue we need.

New ground, the CG will never be suitable for generating the type of corporate revenue we need.

I think even more can be done to the City Ground over the coming years.
We know about the Bridgford being developed to double tier.
What is to say when the time is right - that we can't rebuild the Brian Clough stand - there is plenty of room to build a 12,000+ stand there with updated corporate facilities. There may even be room to build more riverside apartments to pay for it!

We are now into the last month of the first quarter of the year. A (new) planning application according to club was to be made in this period.

I think even more can be done to the City Ground over the coming years.
We know about the Bridgford being developed to double tier.
What is to say when the time is right - that we can't rebuild the Brian Clough stand - there is plenty of room to build a 12,000+ stand there with updated corporate facilities. There may even be room to build more riverside apartments to pay for it!
If it could wrap around that corner and join the Trent End too, it's a great idea. Replicate the new Main Stand but join the TE, and Bridgford having the double tier would be ideal.

I'm torn, as I also see the benefits of a new build.

If it could wrap around that corner and join the Trent End too, it's a great idea. Replicate the new Main Stand but join the TE, and Bridgford having the double tier would be ideal.

I'm torn, as I also see the benefits of a new build.

That'll be tricky as the Trent End is not a cantilever.
A cantilever wasn't possible due to the proximity to the river (this is why there is that lattice support around the front).

That'll be tricky as the Trent End is not a cantilever.
A cantilever wasn't possible due to the proximity to the river (this is why there is that lattice support around the front).
Could they open the side of the TE so it could join? The river shouldn't come into play at that corner I don't think?

Could they open the side of the TE so it could join? The river shouldn't come into play at that corner I don't think?

It would be very tricky and look a pigs breakfast as you can only get the wrap around using a cantilever design. The external support needs to remain on the Trent End.

The Trent end is a sta
It would be very tricky and look a pigs breakfast as you can only get the wrap around using a cantilever design. The external support needs to remain on the Trent End.
The Trent End is a stand alone structure. No reason why further structures could not be "tagged on" if required.

Any add ons would be "stand alones" as well. Only the roof coverings would be physically joined to the Trent End structure.

So basically a tiny little stand in the corner that looks a dogs dinner? Not sure how they would help us drive up corporate revenue.

The powers that be see rental revenue is higher than corporate revenue. Will corporate revenue return? Will webinars and distance events mean less corporate events?