Get well Spursex!! | Page 5 | Vital Football

Get well Spursex!!

The worst is over now, I hope. So thanks for all your good wishes, it helps.

Lots of aches and pains and still and no energy, near exhaustion doing the smallest of things, no smell or taste returned yet.

Can't concentrate, the brain is now fog and more fog. Even typing seems a huge effort lol!

So fingers crossed, almost through it., and next week I hope to get outside and do some walking rather than just sitting/laying in bed.

Believe me guys; try and avoid it, there were a few scary days struggling to breathe - that is far from pleasant I assure you, at one point going into hospital seemed unavoidable., but I did.

Keep well all, catch up soon, and once again, many thanks for the messages, if I didn't answer you, it was because I couldn't.
You are on the mend Ex. The news we all wanted to hear. Don’t rush it!

Lots of aches and pains and still and no energy, near exhaustion doing the smallest of things, no smell or taste returned yet.

Can't concentrate, the brain is now fog and more fog. Even typing seems a huge effort lol!

So fingers crossed, almost through it., and next week I hope to get outside and do some walking rather than just sitting/laying in bed.

Believe me guys; try and avoid it, there were a few scary days struggling to breathe - that is far from pleasant I assure you, at one point going into hospital seemed unavoidable., but I did.

Keep well all, catch up soon, and once again, many thanks for the messages, if I didn't answer you, it was because I couldn't.

Well done Ex. You've broken its back and come out the other end.

No doubt there will be residual effects so please don't rush things or expect too much from yourself.

All the best mate. Take it easy.

I'm sure that psychologically it has been a big blow that will be with you for a while. Main thing is that you seem to have beaten it. Everything of the best going forward.

I don't know you as well as some of the guys on here but it was upsetting to hear of your illness, Big relief to hear you're over the worst as you are part of the fabric of the site. Make sure you don't push too soon Ex I would like you fully fit so I can disagree with you.

Well done Ex .
At one point I thought that bastard is going to get out of buying me a bottle of gold watch and COUGHING UP fifty quid for the predictor winner , .....which 80 and 54 seem hell bent on winning .

Don’t rush it now mate , you know more than most how much these things can take out of you .
We have survived this long without you ........... :clap:........ :yes:

Apart from all that , ...... what brilliant news ! Look after yourself more than ever now . :tophat:

Hey Ex, if you are reading this, hope the mend is accelerating and you were allowed to watch the demolition of Burnley!. A breath of fresh air (pun intended) seeing Spurs and Bale of old! Hope you are past the high oxygen stage.

Hi all,

Got up, watched the Burnley game, was very pleasing, then went back to bed lol!

All I can say is; do everything you can i.e. 'do nothing' so that you avoid this crap lol!

I am on the mend. for anyone that wonders, it is far worse than flu - two/three days of fighting for every breathe is scary, no matter how positive you are.

I feel like I've run three marathons in a row., and I now know it's going to be a while before I'm fully recovered, but I managed to just about avoid hospital and that is a real blessing.

Hard to concentrate to do the smallest of things, even talking to people on the phone feels like a huge effort - which I know is pathetic.

On the other hand, my daughter who was the one I caught it from, didn't have a single symptom..

Hopefully, I can start contributing and creating new debate topics/threads soon.

Once again, flattered by all the good wishes., sincere thanks to you all.

As I'm embarrassed by this thread and kind of wish 80 hadn't done it, I'll leave it here until I return properly, then I'll get rid!

Cheers all.

Stay safe, stay well - and boy do I mean that now lol!

Hi all,

Got up, watched the Burnley game, was very pleasing, then went back to bed lol!

All I can say is; do everything you can i.e. 'do nothing' so that you avoid this crap lol!

I am on the mend. for anyone that wonders, it is far worse than flu - two/three days of fighting for every breathe is scary, no matter how positive you are.

I feel like I've run three marathons in a row., and I now know it's going to be a while before I'm fully recovered, but I managed to just about avoid hospital and that is a real blessing.

Hard to concentrate to do the smallest of things, even talking to people on the phone feels like a huge effort - which I know is pathetic.

On the other hand, my daughter who was the one I caught it from, didn't have a single symptom..

Hopefully, I can start contributing and creating new debate topics/threads soon.

Once again, flattered by all the good wishes., sincere thanks to you all.

As I'm embarrassed by this thread and kind of wish 80 hadn't done it, I'll leave it here until I return properly, then I'll get rid!

Cheers all.

Stay safe, stay well - and boy do I mean that now lol!

Rather than be embarrassed, keep talking my friend. It's really interesting to hear a real account of how Covid impacted one of our own.

How's your daughter feeling about being the contagion? You now have enough ammunition for years of banter with her, if she has inherited your sense of humour !!!

Rather than be embarrassed, keep talking my friend. It's really interesting to hear a real account of how Covid impacted one of our own.

How's your daughter feeling about being the contagion? You now have enough ammunition for years of banter with her, if she has inherited your sense of humour !!!

Oh believe me, all through this I've let her know she will pay!! We've both been laughing about it all (well I've coughed and spluttered), I've already accused her of trying to get her hands on her inheritance.

All you can do is laugh.

She was mortified to find that she'd caught it, and disappointedly it was from a private clinic in London where they'd assured us they'd taken every conceivable precaution and checked their staff every day, so we discussed it and both decided it was too risky to put off the medical investigation/tests that needed to be done, so I pushed her into going. But despite the precautions and tests, we found out a few days later that the consultant she saw was asymptomatic.

So she caught it from her. As she showed absolutely no symptoms at all and she was unaware until was too late, I caught it.

On all counts, she's absolutely fine, but as she nearly bumped me off, she'll be paying the debt off from now until she leaves home, and if I have my way, long after that lol!

Oh believe me, all through this I've let her know she will pay!! We've both been laughing about it all (well I've coughed and spluttered), I've already accused her of trying to get her hands on her inheritance.

All you can do is laugh.

She was mortified to find that she'd caught it, and disappointedly it was from a private clinic in London where they'd assured us they'd taken every conceivable precaution and checked their staff every day, so we discussed it and both decided it was too risky to put off the medical investigation/tests that needed to be done, so I pushed her into going. But despite the precautions and tests, we found out a few days later that the consultant she saw was asymptomatic.

So she caught it from her. As she showed absolutely no symptoms at all and she was unaware until was too late, I caught it.

On all counts, she's absolutely fine, but as she nearly bumped me off, she'll be paying the debt off from now until she leaves home, and if I have my way, long after that lol!

Were the consultant and your daughter both wearing masks ?