MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Liverpool | Page 8 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Liverpool

always had faith in rammers,that poor lad having to play in front of that lot at the moment god help him. it,ll be different in the champ if wilder stays

Adrian let seven in past Villa, tonight he's taking the piss doing keepy uppies.

We turn up, get our heads rubbed, don't score, don't keep a clean sheet. Rinse and repeat. I recon Wilder's League One team would batter this side.

always had faith in rammers,that poor lad having to play in front of that lot at the moment god help him. it,ll be different in the champ if wilder stays
If Wilder stays? What ya heard Twirls? Come on spill,let's be knowing mi owd pal. UTMPB

A wider view of the VAR decision
The Prince is the man but is he our man?
How , exactly, would you wish him to display that he is 'our 'man Chips?

Selling all the playing assets to the 1st bidder because 'heads had been turned' or we 'just couldn't compete'?
Employing a high profile, well known failure when CW departs and then compounding the error 10 more times?
Taking over club assets and charging us rent to play at a ground we used to own?
Holding fans forums to tell us how unlucky he has been?
Building a hotel in an area of Sheffield as unattractive as any to stay in as is possible in Sheffield and then taking control of it for a nominal fee?
Meeting the poorest prince in an airport lounge liason , asking him to come in and help then trying to get rid for the best part of 2 years once the clubs fortunes took a turn for the better?
Showing spite and petty behaviour when losing out to said partner?

That';s the record you're holding the current owner to.

If you see that as being 'our man', as you did with the previous incumbent, then that's your benchmark.

A wider view of the VAR decision

How , exactly, would you wish him to display that he is 'our 'man Chips?

Selling all the playing assets to the 1st bidder because 'heads had been turned' or we 'just couldn't compete'?
Employing a high profile, well known failure when CW departs and then compounding the error 10 more times?
Taking over club assets and charging us rent to play at a ground we used to own?
Holding fans forums to tell us how unlucky he has been?
Building a hotel in an area of Sheffield as unattractive as any to stay in as is possible in Sheffield and then taking control of it for a nominal fee?
Meeting the poorest prince in an airport lounge liason , asking him to come in and help then trying to get rid for the best part of 2 years once the clubs fortunes took a turn for the better?
Showing spite and petty behaviour when losing out to said partner?

That';s the record you're holding the current owner to.

If you see that as being 'our man', as you did with the previous incumbent, then that's your benchmark.
Back the manager in the next two transfer windows would be a start TT.

Back the manager in the next two transfer windows would be a start TT.
A novel new start based on previous experience over the years.
TBH Chips, regardless of our McC/not McC discussions, if I was the prince i would be very reluctant to back CW in the transfer market.

I would be putting in place a recruitment team to help, analyse and direct transfer policy because, at PL level, CW's dealings have been , at best, poor.

A novel new start based on previous experience over the years.
TBH Chips, regardless of our McC/not McC discussions, if I was the prince i would be very reluctant to back CW in the transfer market.

I would be putting in place a recruitment team to help, analyse and direct transfer policy because, at PL level, CW's dealings have been , at best, poor.

But it doesn't look like he will sack him so he must back him or we are all doomed.
Or is there a third way?

But it doesn't look like he will sack him so he must back him or we are all doomed.
Or is there a third way?
The third way is to try to sell some of the players. We're over sunscibed in some areas, short in others and the squad needs freshening.
I've said on other threads Chips that , if I was the prince, incomings would have to be funded by outgoings to get as close to net zero as possible.

The last dozen games should be seen as a shop window and maybe that approach might spur CW and the players to try something different because we're on groundhog match day week after week- and it's producing nothing.

Or is there a third way?
The third way is to back him and promise funds then 2 weeks before the end of the transfer window announce we are going with what we have. This is all explained due to Wilders poor record in the previous 2 transfer windows.
Wilder offers to resign, the Prince thinks who else is going to take this job with no money for new signings and talks Wilder into staying.
The Prince then announces that Wilder is the best person to get us promoted and has his full backing.
Job done no money spent and Wilder stays in his dream job.

The third way is to try to sell some of the players. We're over sunscibed in some areas, short in others and the squad needs freshening.
I've said on other threads Chips that , if I was the prince, incomings would have to be funded by outgoings to get as close to net zero as possible.

The last dozen games should be seen as a shop window and maybe that approach might spur CW and the players to try something different because we're on groundhog match day week after week- and it's producing nothing.
Hope we do better than Norwich did in their last dozen. But, look at them now.

The third way is to back him and promise funds then 2 weeks before the end of the transfer window announce we are going with what we have. This is all explained due to Wilders poor record in the previous 2 transfer windows.
Wilder offers to resign, the Prince thinks who else is going to take this job with no money for new signings and talks Wilder into staying.
The Prince then announces that Wilder is the best person to get us promoted and has his full backing.
Job done no money spent and Wilder stays in his dream job.
Then I'll be proven right when I asked if the Prince is our man.

Hope we do better than Norwich did in their last dozen. But, look at them now.
But Norwich, whilst having a poor defence last year, at least played some good stuff right until the end.
We're subsiding like a lead balloon with little ambition, creativity or flair and nothing to indicate we will turn it round next year.The 2 teams that come down with us will be better than us so we're into the play offs at very best- and that's without the teams that are improving and have momentum.

I just cannot see us bouncing back with the stuffing knocked out of some, leaking out of others and some not having much anyway.

Then I'll be proven right when I asked if the Prince is our man.
I hope to god you are wrong but i am getting increasingly worried that you are right. Why talk the manager into staying and then pull the rug from under him in January ?. Makes no sense apart from not having any money to spend, so Wilder is the cheap and easy option.

But Norwich, whilst having a poor defence last year, at least played some good stuff right until the end.

Just to show what I mean TT, Norwich lost the last 10 league games and scored 1 goal. In the last dozen then managed 4 points (I hope we get more but who knows?) They lost by five (once) and by four (twice) but look at them now.....
I can't wait for the new season with crwods again.

Just to show what I mean TT, Norwich lost the last 10 league games and scored 1 goal. In the last dozen then managed 4 points (I hope we get more but who knows?) They lost by five (once) and by four (twice) but look at them now.....
I can't wait for the new season with crwods again.
Apart from the 4/5 goal defeats we've done similar ALL season and don't look like getting any better.

Maybe next season but I'm just not confident