• Win

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ndombele has not been fit most of the season, it's been a gradual conditioning process and finding his best position. Bale has been through a similar process and Dele has had problems for whatever reason. Loco has been out for a while and was fragile before that.
My point is....Jose has not been able to field his best team. Moura and Lamela have forced their way into contention also whereas before they were underperformers.

Moura starting to hit the back of the net which was what was missing from his game, if he can maintain his goal scoring form l can't see how you could possibly replace him

Isn't it amazing to see Jose finally run a meritocracy in the squad? Before Xmas, Dele was completely bombed out of every matchday squad. Bale would make squads, but would sit there for 90 mins. Now you have Bale, Dele, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn etc fighting for a couple of shirts. Can't wait for Gio to make a reappearance. That will add even more depth, potentially at Winks expense.

What we really need is Sonny to feel the same pressure. He shouldn't be pulling out of headers and going through the motions of shutting down high up the pitch as opposed to actually doing it aggressively. Moura and Son seem to be clueless about where to position themselves in their own half, but at least Moura is shutting down properly higher up. He's also never scared of getting hurt in the headers meaning we're more likely to pick up second ball with the defender not getting a clean header.

So Moura can be replaced, but only if he reverts back to his career norm of too few goals and assists to justify his place. Nobody can say that about him in this current run of games.

That was a stunning attacking performance yesterday. Great passing, movement, speed, footballers being allowed to use their footballing intelligence, using the width of the pitch - it had everything.

I don't buy that Burnley were poor. They were just made to look poor. Going into yesterday's game they had the best defensive record of teams in the bottom half of the table. The quick goal just killed their game plan.

We have to give all the credit to our players. Any other team beating Burnley 4-0 would not be attributing it to the weaknesses of the opponents.

I saw the game yesterday but I missed the build up.

Only this morning did I see the heated debate between Redknapp and Keane reference the Spurs squad.

Jamie Redknapp, fair play sir.

As an Irishman, i’ll always love Keano (he was a Spurs fan as a kid you know) even though he is a twat most of the time.

But the way Jamie wasn’t having a bar of it, well I just love it. I’m a bit to quick to bash my beloved Spurs sometimes but nothing makes me prouder than seeing someone standing up for the team when they are being kicked.

Jamie Redknapp - RESPECT

That was a stunning attacking performance yesterday. Great passing, movement, speed, footballers being allowed to use their footballing intelligence, using the width of the pitch - it had everything.

I don't buy that Burnley were poor. They were just made to look poor. Going into yesterday's game they had the best defensive record of teams in the bottom half of the table. The quick goal just killed their game plan.

We have to give all the credit to our players. Any other team beating Burnley 4-0 would not be attributing it to the weaknesses of the opponents.
Gary, great post, esp the "I don't buy that Burnley were poor" always the same if we play well, its because of blah blah, we never get any credit.

I said in an earlier post, that we...
Moved the ball quicker
Played one two football, push n run at times, if you like
Wanted the ball, helped each other
Closed down quickly
Looked more confident
Had a bigger % of shots on target, than normal.

And at time through the same players of the time, played some of Poch's style/system football.

Long may it last, and could yesterday be the turning point of our season, I certainly hope so.

Creative players go to sleep when in structed by the manager to park the bus...it is not in their nature else they would have been defenders would they not!. If we front foot even against the best we have more chance of winning than parking when apart from Man City and Arse at home, it fails miserably.

Better to lose trying to win, but of course better to win trying to win!

I saw the game yesterday but I missed the build up.

Only this morning did I see the heated debate between Redknapp and Keane reference the Spurs squad.

Jamie Redknapp, fair play sir.

As an Irishman, i’ll always love Keano (he was a Spurs fan as a kid you know) even though he is a twat most of the time.

But the way Jamie wasn’t having a bar of it, well I just love it. I’m a bit to quick to bash my beloved Spurs sometimes but nothing makes me prouder than seeing someone standing up for the team when they are being kicked.

Jamie Redknapp - RESPECT
Yes Sheri10, I saw the playground "fight fight" argument, as you hats off to Redkrapp, but remember dear old Keano has the look at me I am a special pundit hat on lol!

Yes Sheri10, I saw the playground "fight fight" argument, as you hats off to Redkrapp, but remember dear old Keano has the look at me I am a special pundit hat on lol!

100% Pompey, as I said twat!!

I love his weekly “I could have played in that game” pity he couldn’t manage in that game, as he’s proven himself to be a shit manager on more than one occasion and hence the move into punditry ala his mate Neville, another failed manager know all.

One man's opinion but Keane is not really a pundit. If you're a pundit, you do more than just identify the problems. You offer the reasons why it might be happening. Guys like Rio will happily share with the viewers what is happening. They show the shape of the team on screen, they talk about who is out of position and how things can be avoided. Pundits are insightful and interesting. Keane is just hot air and it's becoming clear why he failed at most jobs after a great football career.

Agree about the attacking quality Gary, it's what we've all been waiting to see. I have a high regard for the Burnley defence, the combination of Pope, Tarkowsky and Mee have served me well in FF, they keep a lot of clean sheets. I have noticed on a number of occasions though that if a good attacking team goes at them from the off, scores early, but then maintains the foot on the gas, they often capitulate and let in a few. That's exactly what we did yesterday.
Probably Jose deserves some credit, his team selection seemed to indicate he was aware of that weakness.