Ipswich | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ipswich

On the plus side about Ipswich, if the Cowleys do take over at Portman Road, I suspect they would take points off some of the other top clubs. I can’t see them being such a pushover if Lambert got the push that’s for sure.

It's looking like a takeover at Ipswich is very close, and Lambert expects to be out of the door

However it seems that the new owners have already earmarked Paul Cook for the job judging by Lambert's comments that as he went into work today Cook was sat in his office

The new Charlton Chairman said if they don't go up this year they will next. So many big clubs with new owners think money equals success. They can't all be correct.

Lambert has left, mutual consent

Oh dear. Oh my. What a surprise. He didn't deserve it, he was such a gentleman. Always took defeat with such dignity and never looked for excuses. Just a shame about his difficulties with personal hygiene - wouldn't run along the side of the pitch to shower at Sincil Bank apparently.

Danny left early this morning, only second favourite though.
If Danny doesn't get offered and accept one of these jobs soon the credit he built up at both Lincoln and Huddersfield will be diminished, there are more ex managers out there looking for work than him. Now including Moore !

Last edited:
If Danny doesn't get offered and accept one of these jobs soon the credit he built up at both Lincoln and Huddersfield will be diminished, there are more ex managers out there looking for work than him.
Well Danny talk me through your CV.

DC: Well I have worked my way up from Concord Rangers taking them through the leagues into National League South, got Braintree to 3rd in NL in one season on a shoe string, won NL and EFL2 with Lincoln, also making them first non league Q finalist in FA cup for over 100 years, which built them a new training ground. After that I took over Huddersfield who had a point after 8 games in the Championship and had them safe of relegation before the last game of the season.

Chairman: That's all very well Danny but you haven't had a job for a few months now, I think we would be much better off with a manager with a proven track record of taking any old job at the first opportunity.

If Danny doesn't get offered and accept one of these jobs soon the credit he built up at both Lincoln and Huddersfield will be diminished, there are more ex managers out there looking for work than him.

I'm afraid you're right. It's ridiculous but true that "if they're so good why has no-one given them a job in the last six months/nine months/year" is the dim-witted view of some owners. I was desperate for them to get the Sunderland job. I was certain they were a shoe-in for the Ipswich position, it seemed so perfect in every respect. We got Johnson and it looks like Cook is off to Suffolk.
The brothers are probably now going to have to choose a club they wouldn't have considered when they were sacked so harshly by Huddersfield. But they're still young men and taking a step back to prove themselves again shouldn't be too big a blow, particularly with their financial situations comfortable courtesy of the Huddersfield owner's foolishness.