• Win

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have seven weeks to improve efficiency and see if playing like that is good enough to win a final, against the best team in Europe. It'll be interesting to see if Alli can raise the bar against the best too. Peeps getting carried away by his decent performance against the mighty Wolfsberger was quite amusing.

IT wasn't the performance. It was my move up the predictor table.

We have seven weeks to improve efficiency and see if playing like that is good enough to win a final, against the best team in Europe. It'll be interesting to see if Alli can raise the bar against the best too. Peeps getting carried away by his decent performance against the mighty Wolfsberger was quite amusing.

Well we have 6 games from 4th to 21st March. Then we'll have a bunch of guys heading into the international break. So there should be chances for most of these attacking players.

Also, Moura has 3 in 4 so it would be incredibly harsh for him to lose his place in the next couple. That leaves Dele on the bench in my mind.

For the stats that matter

Clean sheet with Davinson being immense and Reggie on it all game.

Bale 2 goals, 1 assist
Son 2 assists
Kane, Moura - goal apiece

Great to see these guys, especially Moura, getting into the stats. This is what it is all about and makes it hard for Dele, Lamela, Bergwijn etc to get the shirt. That has to be a good thing for the club.

I still crave having a replacement for Vertonghen. We will be so much better when we sign that player. A right-back as good as the rest of the top sides is also required before we get too excited.

One game at a time.
Got rid of Vertongen too early.,..he played fine for Benfica against the Arse

Well we have 6 games from 4th to 21st March. Then we'll have a bunch of guys heading into the international break. So there should be chances for most of these attacking players.

Also, Moura has 3 in 4 so it would be incredibly harsh for him to lose his place in the next couple. That leaves Dele on the bench in my mind.

Moving the goalpost time is it Muttley. A few days ago your stance was Alli, Bale, Kane, Son, N'dom need to play so Jose can keep his job, now his best position is on the bench. :grinning:

The cynical part of me says that we saw what we saw today because Mourinho recognised beforehand that Burnley don't possess a goal threat. There have been signs recently though of a move toward more positive football, so hopefully this is the way its going to be from now on. Many of us on here have regularly pleaded for nothing more than for Mourinho to setup teams to play to our strengths. Today we saw, against a team that regularly keep clean sheets, where that positivity can possibly take us. Welcome back Gareth Bale.

What other team would give us that much time and space to be fair
Let's be honest, what ever game plan Burnley came with got thrown out of the window in less than one minute!

We all know how it goes if you concede early, having been at the receiving end several times this season. Also, for a change there were no calamitous errors, even though we tried our best with constantly slipping and giving away possession!

I was very impressed with Sonny's effort today. Whilst he may not always defend much, and his notoriety of token headed duels, he really does pose some questions off the defenders. He was mostly unselfish today. Just love seeing the AM's working as a TEAM. As for individual accolades, Sonny is one assist away from being the best in PL for a single season.....to overtake the maestro Bruyne.

Another win and we are safe.😏😏😏
I just noticed that , ..... when I checked to see the manure score , I had turned it off because I was so bored . I checked the score , then the tables and saw we are on 39 points .
It doesn’t seem that long ago that the 40 point target was the highlight of the season .
Reaching that was the opener for a session down the pub .

Moving the goalpost time is it Muttley. A few days ago your stance was Alli, Bale, Kane, Son, N'dom need to play so Jose can keep his job, now his best position is on the bench. :grinning:

You're talking rubbish of course. A few days ago I said that I'm not sure Jose would be ready to accommodate Ndombele, Dele, Bale, Son and Kane in the same setup. I was spot on calling that Dele will be coming into it from the bench and Bale would probably get the nod. I would have no problem playing them all.

I also said that the attacking midfield squad is starting to get competitive, but it is about those that his the goal and assist stats that will prevail. Hence, why I have no problem with Moura, if he continues to contribute.

Jose was heading for the exit door as he wasn't operating a meritocracy and he was being too negative in his tactics. He was also appearing to have too many fractious relationships with his own players. He's either figured it out himself or been coerced into the change by his own players and his chairman. The net, net is that it is starting to look better.

Anyway, what won't change is you bashing Dele. That's a given :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You're talking rubbish of course. A few days ago I said that I'm not sure Jose would be ready to accommodate Ndombele, Dele, Bale, Son and Kane in the same setup. I was spot on calling that Dele will be coming into it from the bench and Bale would probably get the nod. I would have no problem playing them all.

I also said that the attacking midfield squad is starting to get competitive, but it is about those that his the goal and assist stats that will prevail. Hence, why I have no problem with Moura, if he continues to contribute.

Jose was heading for the exit door as he wasn't operating a meritocracy and he was being too negative in his tactics. He was also appearing to have too many fractious relationships with his own players. He's either figured it out himself or been coerced into the change by his own players and his chairman. The net, net is that it is starting to look better.

“‘Moving the goalpost “ was the funniest post I’ve read for a long time .

From now on, it has to be

Ndombele, Hojbjerg
Bale, Dele, Son
Kane

Jose sets us up with that and he'll keep his job.

Yes, he sets up with that and he will keep his job. How is that moving the goalposts? I never said it was the sole and exclusive way he can keep his job but stands to reason if you play your best players in a system that suits them best then you have the best chance of being optimal. Jose hasn't done that for most of the season and put the pressure on himself. Loads of us have been saying the same thing.

Yes, he sets up with that and he will keep his job. How is that moving the goalposts? I never said it was the sole and exclusive way he can keep his job but stands to reason if you play your best players in a system that suits them best then you have the best chance of being optimal. Jose hasn't done that for most of the season and put the pressure on himself. Loads of us have been saying the same thing.

No apology. The respect I had for you has now gone.