Good Morning Thread | Page 240 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good Morning Everybody, hopefully it won't be a Lazy Sunday Afternoon for the Spurs.
Following this thread in recent weeks I've been delighted, if a little envious, of how many Vital Spursers and your loved ones have already had the first round of the vaccine. Whatever the rights or wrongs associated with the terrible events of the last twelve months, the speed and efficiency of the vaccine rollout in the UK seems to be quite exceptional.
I watch a lot of Sky News down here, and they have had a wonderful twelve months, for them, of government bashing. Suddenly their stick seems to be broken.
Here on the southern tip of the world, the limited number of vaccines shipped into the country so far have been used in the first instance to vaccinate Cabinet Ministers. Nothing new there, African governments are famous for first and foremost looking after themselves. We do now seem to be progressing to health care workers which is great, but I think that us seventy plusses with underlying conditions have a few months to wait yet, at best.
South Africa has some of the best medical practitioners, medical clinics and medical aid schemes in the world. Those of us fortunate enough to be able to afford private medical schemes, tend to take the selfish view that our Medical Aid companies should be able to source the vaccines, and then prioritise their members accordingly, according to age, medical conditions etc.etc. We are told however that suppliers of the vaccines are only prepared to deal with governments. I'm not sure I believe that, but we just have to rely on the Medical Aid companies continuing to apply pressure on the government to expedite the acquisition and rollout,
Once vaccinated I'd really like us to visit our son and family in Somerset, also taking in a visit to the new stadium, something I really want to experience in my lifetime. I can't see the UK government allowing flights and passengers from South Africa into the UK anytime soon though, so will have to rely on Skype and Premier League TV for some time yet.
Ex's recent experience has again accentuated what a terrible pandemic this is, and that everybody remains susceptible to it. Thus, for those of you who have not yet been vaccinated, stay careful and keep well.

Good Morning Everybody, hopefully it won't be a Lazy Sunday Afternoon for the Spurs.
Following this thread in recent weeks I've been delighted, if a little envious, of how many Vital Spursers and your loved ones have already had the first round of the vaccine. Whatever the rights or wrongs associated with the terrible events of the last twelve months, the speed and efficiency of the vaccine rollout in the UK seems to be quite exceptional.
I watch a lot of Sky News down here, and they have had a wonderful twelve months, for them, of government bashing. Suddenly their stick seems to be broken.
Here on the southern tip of the world, the limited number of vaccines shipped into the country so far have been used in the first instance to vaccinate Cabinet Ministers. Nothing new there, African governments are famous for first and foremost looking after themselves. We do now seem to be progressing to health care workers which is great, but I think that us seventy plusses with underlying conditions have a few months to wait yet, at best.
South Africa has some of the best medical practitioners, medical clinics and medical aid schemes in the world. Those of us fortunate enough to be able to afford private medical schemes, tend to take the selfish view that our Medical Aid companies should be able to source the vaccines, and then prioritise their members accordingly, according to age, medical conditions etc.etc. We are told however that suppliers of the vaccines are only prepared to deal with governments. I'm not sure I believe that, but we just have to rely on the Medical Aid companies continuing to apply pressure on the government to expedite the acquisition and rollout,
Once vaccinated I'd really like us to visit our son and family in Somerset, also taking in a visit to the new stadium, something I really want to experience in my lifetime. I can't see the UK government allowing flights and passengers from South Africa into the UK anytime soon though, so will have to rely on Skype and Premier League TV for some time yet.
Ex's recent experience has again accentuated what a terrible pandemic this is, and that everybody remains susceptible to it. Thus, for those of you who have not yet been vaccinated, stay careful and keep well.
Good post Smithy , I find that absurd that age and perceived importance are valued differently .
I know a lot of people close to us , decided to move abroad in their forties , and although they sold up here , they kept an address that was UK based ,
Now , that they have reached an age when doctor’s and hospitals phone numbers are stored in their phones , they have sold up and moved back.
I don’t particularly blame them for that , I would have done the same ...., it does mean that we see them again , rather than them gloating on Skype , sipping beer in shorts in front of a fan .,and it has also meant we have lost out on a few” freebie” holidays .
But it does bring home the fact that our National Health Service is second to none. For the majority of the population.

Hope you get your jab soon mate .

The stadium is breathtaking . I’ve got to go back now and do the skywalk .,

Good morning all , hope everyone is well and Ex ,hope you are gaining strength and getting better .

The weather has been lovely again and we have been getting the garden sorted out .
Allotment will get blitzed this week , I expect the people who run the thing are thinking I’ve popped me clogs , I’ve not been there since Christmas, only the odd half an hour here and there . ..
Hope you all have a good day , keep well , alert , and safe .
look after each other .,

And Targett wrestles Bamford down in the Villa box in the last minute at a corner and the ref totally ignores it...and that is after he has told both players to stop the antics...Targett took no notice and proceeded to impede Bamford blatantly ....the refs are becoming jokier by the game.......
I missed th last few minutes of the game Greavsie , apparently Ant and Dec where on the other side !
Normally I would have gone onto my I pad to watch but I couldn’t be arsed .
Definitely couldn’t be bothered to go up the bedroom to watch it .

Target seemed hell bent on getting sent off , but couldn’t quite manage it .
Have you noticed how the push in the back from long goal kicks , for example , has been legalised .
Only if you get too close behind the bloke on the ball, and you breathe on his back , causing him to fall forward and grab the ball as he goes down , is it a foul these days.
Foul throws are now allowed , the lifting of the back leg is now permissible. Our Reggie does it all the time as well .

Funny how Wellbeck doesn’t know the rules either , having hit the post from the penalty, he tried to score from the rebound, not knowing who was behind him .,then looked at the ref , who penalised him , (about the only thing he got right in the whole game)
with a look that said he didn’t understand what he had done .
The game has gone mad .

Why have you had to re register .
Especially three times , that’s weird .
everything else is a joke mate , we know you can take it .
Answer to your question, I have no bloody idea, its just done the same again, with a reply saying "oops something has gone wrong here please try again later" then I came back on, thus writing, no probs.

As for the everything else..."I know its a joke, and yes I can take it" I was just being sarcy, but obviously failed lol!

So after the nonsense of the cricket, now it continues in the rugby.

You never see players or ex-players slating the ref in rugby. The entire commentary team and all the pundits slaughtered him at half time.

He has ruined the game.
muttley the ref was French, says it all, lol!
He was pure and utter crap! simple.
England did not help themselves with indiscipline, esp at 24 apiece.

Good afternoon all, lovely sunny day here, not a bloody cloud in the sky, have a number of jobs "todo" you know the Er in doors order ones lol! well after our win today, anyway, hopefully will be in a good mood.

Have already started the emptying of the famous "hot tub" lol! clean out afterwards, then refill, warm up water so the lady of the house can use it.

Did my annual first mowing of the lawn yesterday, cut it slightly higher than normal, so as not to rip/tear it, did a fair bit of bush cutting/trimming, weeding that has pleased her lol!

Off to the predictor thread now, might make gl scorer changes, just to keep to the norm and everyone happy lol!

Cheers all, keep safe n sound, we are nearly there.

Pompey , how often do you need to change the water in the hot tub ?
the maintenance of it all is something I need to read up about .
we would love one , but it’s the electrics and maintenance/ filtering / heating that I don’t know about .
I love the thought of sitting out there in the evening , the not know if the bubbles are my wife farting or not , the luxury and mystery of it all .
It sounds like you have a big garden ,.... I know it depends on the size of the tub , but have you found it takes up a lot of room .
How much space would you need around it ? Our garden is big enough for what we use it for , but it’s not huge , and I’m worried I may have to make a major reorganisation .
We also don’t have any drainage points in the back garden , everything goes to the front , . There are a lot of things to consider .

So now , it’s clear that the best way to gain an advantage , when under pressure from the attack , is to foul one the attackers .
The ref will now give you time to get all your defenders back into place , despite the oppositions best laid plans , hours of training on the practice pitch to drag you out of position , and wait until every defender is ready , positions have been checked and double checked , every attacker has now been marked , every angle has been blocked , the wall has been set , players are LAYING DOWN , in order to stop a shot , and every possible assistance has been given to the SIDE THAT HAS TRANSGRESSED THE RULES .
The side that has pulled the defenders out of shape , created a chance to score , are now being penalised ....... and assisted in that by the ref .
the game as gone bonkers .
VAR . Wattallottabollox. It’s just another way of finding any excuse to ruin the game .
Millimetres and milliseconds are now being used to run and ruin the game .

I missed th last few minutes of the game Greavsie , apparently Ant and Dec where on the other side !
Normally I would have gone onto my I pad to watch but I couldn’t be arsed .
Definitely couldn’t be bothered to go up the bedroom to watch it .

Target seemed hell bent on getting sent off , but couldn’t quite manage it .
Have you noticed how the push in the back from long goal kicks , for example , has been legalised .
Only if you get too close behind the bloke on the ball, and you breathe on his back , causing him to fall forward and grab the ball as he goes down , is it a foul these days.
Foul throws are now allowed , the lifting of the back leg is now permissible. Our Reggie does it all the time as well .

Funny how Wellbeck doesn’t know the rules either , having hit the post from the penalty, he tried to score from the rebound, not knowing who was behind him .,then looked at the ref , who penalised him , (about the only thing he got right in the whole game)
with a look that said he didn’t understand what he had done .
The game has gone mad .

And just a while ago Arses Tilney runs back with a leicester player and Tilney heads the ball away and falls over clutching his head ..the Leicester player did not touch him on the head at all...ref gives a free kick, to Tilney...so fed up with all this playacting and cheating and refs falling for it.....simulation needs a close look at!,,,

Pompey , how often do you need to change the water in the hot tub ?
the maintenance of it all is something I need to read up about .
we would love one , but it’s the electrics and maintenance/ filtering / heating that I don’t know about .
I love the thought of sitting out there in the evening , the not know if the bubbles are my wife farting or not , the luxury and mystery of it all .
It sounds like you have a big garden ,.... I know it depends on the size of the tub , but have you found it takes up a lot of room .
How much space would you need around it ? Our garden is big enough for what we use it for , but it’s not huge , and I’m worried I may have to make a major reorganisation .
We also don’t have any drainage points in the back garden , everything goes to the front , . There are a lot of things to consider .
Hey Walt some good questions there....our! or rather Mrs PY's Hot Tub is about 6ft 6inches square when full, so not a lot of space taken up, it also has a cover for when not in use. It is called a 4 persons tub, but it is way better for only 2 peops.

When full it holds about 800 litres of water, change approximately every 16 weeks. Regards the drainage do you have a drain for say tap water, washing machine etc at the back, because that is where I drain my HT water into.

Doesn't cost that much to initially heat it up, the tub does have a heat setting clock on it, all through the decent weather months the power is left on 100% of the time, whilst saying that my Daughter turns hers off and switches it back on a number of hours before use.

The filter has to be cleaned/changed weekly, the HT tells you that by beeping, so a spare one or two comes in handy.

There is a floater in the tub that has Chlorine tablets in it, when you cannot smell the chlorine add more tablets, simple really.

Our garden is about 80ft x 26ft, in that is a 10ft x 12ft Conservatory, from the back of the Conservatory the Patio runs in line across the garden so reducing the garden to 70ft x 26ft, 6ft fencing all round, 16ft by 8ft Aviary at the bottom, plus a 10ft x 6ft metal shed, the HT is on the Patio backed up against the Conservatory.

Hope this has answered your questions any more I am glad to help.

So now , it’s clear that the best way to gain an advantage , when under pressure from the attack , is to foul one the attackers .
The ref will now give you time to get all your defenders back into place , despite the oppositions best laid plans , hours of training on the practice pitch to drag you out of position , and wait until every defender is ready , positions have been checked and double checked , every attacker has now been marked , every angle has been blocked , the wall has been set , players are LAYING DOWN , in order to stop a shot , and every possible assistance has been given to the SIDE THAT HAS TRANSGRESSED THE RULES .
The side that has pulled the defenders out of shape , created a chance to score , are now being penalised ....... and assisted in that by the ref .
the game as gone bonkers .
VAR . Wattallottabollox. It’s just another way of finding any excuse to ruin the game .
Millimetres and milliseconds are now being used to run and ruin the game .
The "Black arts" at there best, and to make things worse it is permitted.

Anybody hear the “conversation “ between Redknapp and that Pratt Roy Keane .
Brilliant !
Thought it was brilliant, you could quite easily have been shouting "fight, fight" in the playground lol!
Not a great lover of Redkrapp, but Keane look at a me I want to be noticed cos am a special pundit, special twat more like.

Thought it was brilliant, you could quite easily have been shouting "fight, fight" in the playground lol!
Not a great lover of Redkrapp, but Keane look at a me I want to be noticed cos am a special pundit, special twat more
Anybody hear the “conversation “ between Redknapp and that Pratt Roy Keane .
Brilliant !
Redknapp was shitting himself LOL.

I tend to agree with Keane that most of our team would not get near a place in UTD City Chelksi or Liverpud to be fair. Jaimie kept on about our players' international credentials...who gives a toss if they cannot play consistently for us.

Jamie as a player was not a patch on what Keane did for Manure...Keane knew and still knows what makes players winners. and who are not! It is attitude as well as skill that counts. He had attitude and can see it a mile off.

Answer to your question, I have no bloody idea, its just done the same again, with a reply saying "oops something has gone wrong here please try again later" then I came back on, thus writing, no probs.

As for the everything else..."I know its a joke, and yes I can take it" I was just being sarcy, but obviously failed lol!

Sometimes Pompey if you have cleared your computers cache/History it loses login credentials and

if you then try to post or reply it will say ooops....

you need to login to the site again as it does not recognise you ...that is not the same as registering mate.

Last edited:
Hey Walt some good questions there....our! or rather Mrs PY's Hot Tub is about 6ft 6inches square when full, so not a lot of space taken up, it also has a cover for when not in use. It is called a 4 persons tub, but it is way better for only 2 peops.

When full it holds about 800 litres of water, change approximately every 16 weeks. Regards the drainage do you have a drain for say tap water, washing machine etc at the back, because that is where I drain my HT water into.

Doesn't cost that much to initially heat it up, the tub does have a heat setting clock on it, all through the decent weather months the power is left on 100% of the time, whilst saying that my Daughter turns hers off and switches it back on a number of hours before use.

The filter has to be cleaned/changed weekly, the HT tells you that by beeping, so a spare one or two comes in handy.

There is a floater in the tub that has Chlorine tablets in it, when you cannot smell the chlorine add more tablets, simple really.

Our garden is about 80ft x 26ft, in that is a 10ft x 12ft Conservatory, from the back of the Conservatory the Patio runs in line across the garden so reducing the garden to 70ft x 26ft, 6ft fencing all round, 16ft by 8ft Aviary at the bottom, plus a 10ft x 6ft metal shed, the HT is on the Patio backed up against the Conservatory.

Hope this has answered your questions any more I am glad to help.
Thanks Pompey , don’t think you could have answered more perfectly .
Your garden is longer than ours , about the same width .
all our drainage is at the front , the kitchen , and bathroom are both at the front , .... there is a downpipe from the rear gutter but even that does not run into a gulley , but runs directly under ground to the front .
Even if I could “T” into the Down pipe , I’m not sure if the water authorities would allow the grey water to mix with the storm water .
Saying that ,,the people who used to live next door , always had a large , twelve foot diameter rigid swimming pool that they discharged out into the storm drains in the service road at the rear .
They just attached a hose pipe and stuck the other end down the drain ..,Thanks Pompey , I will give it some thought . Ta mate

Thanks Pompey , don’t think you could have answered more perfectly .
Your garden is longer than ours , about the same width .
all our drainage is at the front , the kitchen , and bathroom are both at the front , .... there is a downpipe from the rear gutter but even that does not run into a gulley , but runs directly under ground to the front .
Even if I could “T” into the Down pipe , I’m not sure if the water authorities would allow the grey water to mix with the storm water .
Saying that ,,the people who used to live next door , always had a large , twelve foot diameter rigid swimming pool that they discharged out into the storm drains in the service road at the rear .
They just attached a hose pipe and stuck the other end down the drain ..,Thanks Pompey , I will give it some thought . Ta mate
That's the way to do it lol! remember where I release the water to is no no no, but for me its bollocks to you lol! us the storm drains thumbs up.

Sometimes Pompey if you have cleared your computers cache/History it loses login credentials and

if you then try to post or reply it will say ooops....

you need to login to the site again as it does not recognise you ...that is not the same as registering mate.
Greavsie I haven't cleared my cache/History what ever that means lol! so if it has lost credentials I have no idea how it is happening.
Every time I come on here in the last couple of days it says you must "log in" blah blah, this I do...user Name PompeyYid, password, confirm, up comes pink band saying not recognised, so reset, back to inbox, reset password, come back on here, ok, until next time, it is really starting to piss me off.

If I mislead in my previous posts concerning this bit of grief, I am sorry, but I have not tried to register again.