Vital Champions League
Who would you consider to be your top 5. He is mine

1) hendrix
2) ray vaughan
3) clapton
4) Knopfler
5) Kossoff

Oh my! Where to start...

How are you ranking them? If we're talking influences on playing style coupled to favourites, I'd go with:

1) Richie Blackmore
2) Chuck Prophet
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimi Hendrix
5) Richard Thompson

Mrs N. wants to contribute her 5 top vocalist:

1) Alison Moyet
2) Barbra Streisand
3) Eddie Reader
4) Karen Carpenter
5) Kate Rusby

Oh my! Where to start...

How are you ranking them? If we're talking influences on playing style coupled to favourites, I'd go with:

1) Richie Blackmore
2) Chuck Prophet
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimi Hendrix
5) Richard Thompson

very subjective as per the spirit of football message boards. I am sure my selection will get called embarrassing by someone!

I am not really into deep purple or led zep. I had not heard of 2 will need to check that out. Thompson yes I agree good player have heard his stuff with Bonnie Rait

very subjective as per the spirit of football message boards. I am sure my selection will get called embarrassing by someone!

I am not really into deep purple or led zep. I had not heard of 2 will need to check that out. Thompson yes I agree good player have heard his stuff with Bonnie Rait

I actually prefer Bkackmore's playing with Rainbow, but that's about as hugely unfashionable as you can get.

Chuck Prophet is totally obscure. Did his best work in a band called Green On Red in the 80s and 90s. Solo work, not so hot.

I actually prefer Bkackmore's playing with Rainbow, but that's about as hugely unfashionable as you can get.

Chuck Prophet is totally obscure. Did his best work in a band called Green On Red in the 80s and 90s. Solo work, not so hot.

but his riffs get you thrown out of guitar shops!

A few selections from me:
(could add loads)

Favourite guitarist:
Richard Holgarth

Favourite drummer:
Clem Burke

Favourite keyboardist:
Dave Greenfield

Favourite bass player:
Norman Whatroy

Favourite singer:
Julie Fowlis

A few selections from me:
(could add loads)

Favourite guitarist:
Richard Holgarth

Favourite drummer:
Clem Burke

Favourite keyboardist:
Dave Greenfield

Favourite bass player:
Norman Whatroy

Favourite singer:
Julie Fowlis

Didn't know Holgarth's name, but of course I know - and have seen - Eddie and the Hotrods.

Clem Burke is an amazing drummer.

Didn't know Holgarth's name, but of course I know - and have seen - Eddie and the Hotrods.

Clem Burke is an amazing drummer.

Yes, Richard's other band. And another sad loss in recent times, the lead singer of the Hot Rods, Barrie Masters.
I go back a long time with Richard.
He is also one of the few people to have appeared on both Top of the Pops and Match of the Day (when playing for Harlow Town vs Leicester City).

And as an extra little category:
Favorite guitarist's favourite guitarists:
One that Richard often mentions is the late Danny Kustow of the Tom Robinson Band.

Not sure I have particular favourites
-Hendrix appeared to have the respect of his peers
- Clapton and Gilmore have to be up there
- in more recent years have grown quite a liking for Joe Bonamasa

Yes, Richard's other band. And another sad loss in recent times, the lead singer of the Hot Rods, Barrie Masters.
I go back a long time with Richard.
He is also one of the few people to have appeared on both Top of the Pops and Match of the Day (when playing for Harlow Town vs Leicester City).

And as an extra little category:
Favorite guitarist's favourite guitarists:
One that Richard often mentions is the late Danny Kustow of the Tom Robinson Band.

I never saw the Tom Robinson band, but saw Tom Robinson on an acoustic tour a couple of years ago. Didn't know what to expect, but was pretty good.

Saw Tom Robinson at Woolaton Park in 1994.
Also on the bill were Goats Don't Shave, a pretty good Irish band.