Shamima Begum | Page 18 | Vital Football

Shamima Begum

I would use the Death Penalty for these type of offenders. There is no chance of her being deradacalised.

It's a shame the last gallows in plymouth were removed by Blair.
Brilliant. Create a martyr. Just what these nutters would love, especially a young woman.

Actually, I assume your comment was tongue in cheek.

When she was carrying a weapon , and wasn't in a military uniform , she could have faced a firing squad if caught by opposing forces.

I’m sure that you’re right.

Would you want her to be stoned to death if found guilty in court?

Last edited:
Would you want her to be stoned to death if found guilty in court?

No not really , that's a bit barbaric/Islamic/Middle Eastern for me.
Us English prefer the noose.
I don't think she should be harmed myself , just deported as a dangerous person.

Disgraceful decision. She is our problem to deal with. We have made her stateless which I thought was illegal.

Quite surprised the Supreme Court resorted to this. Haven't seen the reasoning yet.

Still, at least we won't have the DM outing the judges as enemies of the people. The vast majority of "the people" will love this decision.

Disgraceful decision. She is our problem to deal with. We have made her stateless which I thought was illegal.

Quite surprised the Supreme Court resorted to this. Haven't seen the reasoning yet.

Still, at least we won't have the DM outing the judges as enemies of the people. The vast majority of "the people" will love this decision.
She made herself stateless by joining a terrorist organisation. Actions have consequences.
PS - I do not read the DM.

Bring her back to the UK, keeping her in custody (if only for her own protection). Let the case go ahead, see where it takes us and decide after that. Depriving her of her day (months) in court will only lead to further protracted legal problems.

When she left on her idiotic adventure, she was only 15 (and in all intense of purpose being groomed). I do not want her back, but we should not be dumping our problem on someone else.

She made herself stateless by joining a terrorist organisation. Actions have consequences.
One doesn't make onself stateless by joining a terrorist organisation. The same applies to the right wing extremists in this country who are in terrorist organisations. They are our problem.

Sadly readers of almost all papers and none will agree with the decision.

As for what should be done with the woman if back here then of course that is a different matter. I'm certainly not making excuses for her in my objection to the decision. My point is purely that she is our problem to deal with.

Likewise if a nutter came over here then I don't think the state they come from should dump them on is. They should be deported back to where they came from.

As for ISIS itself I abhor what they stand for and as a devout atheist I'd be high on their list for beheading.

Bring her back to the UK, keeping her in custody (if only for her own protection).

I would say bring her back if she wants to come back, but only on the understanding that she will be set free, and her address will be publicised. No prison costs then.

Hopefully then someone who owns an axe will come and perform one of those acts that she claimed not to care about (and she was no longer a gullible 15 year old then). Perhaps a relative of one of those innocent aid workers?

Anyone fancy a kick about afterwards?

I would say bring her back if she wants to come back, but only on the understanding that she will be set free, and her address will be publicised. No prison costs then.

Hopefully then someone who owns an axe will come and perform one of those acts that she claimed not to care about (and she was no longer a gullible 15 year old then). Perhaps a relative of one of those innocent aid workers?

Anyone fancy a kick about afterwards?

A new low for this board.

She did not make herself stateless.
HMG did not make her stateless either. Legally we can not make someone stateless.
I think the position was she had another state she had rights to and HMG just revoked her UK citizenship making her someone elses problem.

To add some context to the Ruling, this was basically a decision about whether or not the Court of Appeal was correct to put the Right to a Fair Trial ahead of Requirements of National Security.

The Supreme Court unanimously overruled the Court of Appeal, which had previously overturned a Home Office decision that Begum would not be allowed into the UK.

In doing so the Supreme Court effectively reaffirmed the principle that the right to a fair hearing did "not trump all other considerations, such as the safety of the public".

Whilst that decision will stick, and we are not likely to see Begum set foot in the UK, we may not have heard the last of the matter concerning Begum`s fight for citizenship.

A new low for this board.
Thank you. I was disgusted. I went to post a reply but words failed me for once.

Far worse than anything Wayne said and worse even than anything the 3 I've blocked have come up with.

Franlly I felt a bit embarassed that I contribute to a board that has such stuff on it. They'd fiind plenty of support on the Millwall board so perhaps they could migrate there.

I won't report it as I've never asked for anyone on here to be censored but the poster may wish to delete it.

Ps. My objections are not the same as support for Begum. ISIS is vile.

To add some context to the Ruling, this was basically a decision about whether or not the Court of Appeal was correct to put the Right to a Fair Trial ahead of Requirements of National Security.

The Supreme Court unanimously overruled the Court of Appeal, which had previously overturned a Home Office decision that Begum would not be allowed into the UK.

In doing so the Supreme Court effectively reaffirmed the principle that the right to a fair hearing did "not trump all other considerations, such as the safety of the public".

Whilst that decision will stick, and we are not likely to see Begum set foot in the UK, we may not have heard the last of the matter concerning Begum`s fight for citizenship.
Yes, correct. I think I heard that the Supreme Court said, amongst other things, that it is not for the CofA to decide what is a matter of national security but, at the time, Javid's as the relevant minister responsible. That is of course logical and I don't challenge the correctness of the court's interretation, of course. I do totally disagree with the Home Secretary's 'reasoning'.

It now seems that if you have a parent born in another country you are a second class citizen. I wonder if we will have people dumped on us.

To put it crudely, the Begum case is our country participating in fly tipping.