#COVID19 | Page 885 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I think that it will be approved soon for over 65s in Germany, at which point her position should / will change.

Yes, of course I absolutely agree that she should not set the example of taking an unregulated med! In addition, it would be taking a vaccine from a German for whom it has been approved, when stocks are in short supply.

There is no other justifiable position. Put down your hate for a moment, have a think for a few seconds, and read more than the headlines.

The EU medicines agency (whatever they are called) approved the use of AZ in ALL adults as far as I'm aware. The fact that Germany and France have separate rules for over 65s implies they don't think the EMA knows what they are doing. There are also loads of unused vaccines due to low takeup in some of these countries, so she probably wouldn't be taking a vaccination off anyone.

You're chasing your tail here.
Wait, hate? wow.

OK There is, if you read the story, 1.4m AZ vaccines waiting to be administered in her nation, her having one will not really make too much of an impact into that and symbolically could help Germany vaccinate more, faster than they are doing, thus saving lives.
Germany are administering their vaccines similar to the UK (age priority) and there are very few over 65's willing to have the AZ one, directly because of the anti-AZvaxx propaganda taking place, underlined now by the Chancellor; she isn't 'taking' it from anybody.

The bloc was crazily late approving this and Merkel's publicity stunt in still besmirching the AZ vaccine after VdL's stunt last month, is dangerous.
I just haven't seen her besmirch it. I asked for the context. At present I've seen her saying that she isn't taking it because she's 66. Taking it would be to take an unregulated med in her country. Who would inject her?

Maybe the regulators are late to approve it (there looks to be enough data now for approval but I don't know the criteria they are working to and nor do you), but this is the situation she faces. Seriously, how could she do anything else? You seem to be suggesting she asks someone to inject an unregulated medicine and that would be a good example to set!

I just haven't seen her besmirch it. I asked for the context. At present I've seen her saying that she isn't taking it because she's 66. Taking it would be to take an unregulated med in her country. Who would inject her?

Maybe the regulators are late to approve it (there looks to be enough data now for approval but I don't know the criteria they are working to and nor do you), but this is the situation she faces. Seriously, how could she do anything else? You seem to be suggesting she asks someone to inject an unregulated medicine and that would be a good example to set!

You're missing the point.
Eligible people are turning it down (someone who is say 64) exactly because of what has been said by Macron and now the actions of Merkel,

You're missing the point.
Eligible people are turning it down (someone who is say 64) exactly because of what has been said by Macron and now the actions of Merkel,
Maybe by Macron and I have been critical of that, but you still haven't shown me anything about Merkel.
As I understand it, she cannot take it.

What is the point of this post?

One matriarchal leader urging her nation to take the jab, not be selfish and helping their nation save lives, another playing politics, not recommending a jab because of reasons, which is putting her nation's lives at danger.

Quite obvious if you think about it.

One matriarchal leader urging her nation to take the jab, not be selfish and helping their nation save lives, another playing politics, not recommending a jab because of reasons, which is putting her nation's lives at danger.

Has she not recommended it for those 64 year olds?

“AstraZeneca is a reliable vaccine, effective and safe, approved by the European Medicines Agency and recommended in Germany up to the age of 65 years,” said Ms Merkel.

“All the authorities tell us that this vaccine can be trusted. As long as vaccines are as scarce as they are now, you cannot choose what to vaccinate with.”

Look at her saying people should not take it! She's KILLING PEOPLE!!

Maybe by Macron and I have been critical of that, but you still haven't shown me anything about Merkel.
She. Cannot. Take. It.

I. Know.

The flames of the flawed perceptions regarding the effecacy are being publically fanned.
Staying quiet until approval is granted, would have increased the uptake (1.4million not being taken)

She is not playing politics. She is following the recommendation of the German vaccination commission which does not recommend it to those over a certain age. Taking the vaccination will be playing politics.

The UK is set to be vaccinated by July. Germany by September. Considering the latter started later and the has a larger population that is not bad going.

She is not putting the nations lives in danger and you are doing what you do best. Talking shite.

“AstraZeneca is a reliable vaccine, effective and safe, approved by the European Medicines Agency and recommended in Germany up to the age of 65 years,” said Ms Merkel.

“All the authorities tell us that this vaccine can be trusted. As long as vaccines are as scarce as they are now, you cannot choose what to vaccinate with.”

Look at her saying people should not take it! She's KILLING PEOPLE!!

Explain why there are 1.4 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine in store which are not being used?

Anti-Britishness? Aligning with Macron? Fear of needles?

There must be something causing it.

I. Know.

The flames of the flawed perceptions regarding the effecacy are being publically fanned.
Staying quiet until approval is granted, would have increased the uptake (1.4million not being taken)
I can't be arsed with this anymore. You are attributing blame unnecessarily because you want to dig at one of the EU's leaders, as you have so often, who knows why.

She was asked if he would take it and she stated the bare fact that she isn't in the group for which it has been recommended so, no, she wouldn't be taking it. She has no other option on that point. I have quoted her saying that the vaccine is safe and effective. You are being deliberately obtuse about Angular.

Explain why there are 1.4 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine in store which are not being used?

Anti-Britishness? Aligning with Macron? Fear of needles?

There must be something causing it.
It is a multifaceted problem that needs to be solved urgently. You are saying it's all Merkel's fault, which is a tedious joke. Is she being anti-British by saying it is reliable, safe and effective?
You are saying that her not taking it is a political move. You are simply wrong.

I can't be arsed with this anymore. You are attributing blame unnecessarily because you want to dig at one of the EU's leaders, as you have so often, who knows why.

She was asked if he would take it and she stated the bare fact that she isn't in the group for which it has been recommended so, no, she wouldn't be taking it. She has no other option on that point. I have quoted her saying that the vaccine is safe and effective. You are being deliberately obtuse about Angular.

So why are the eligible people not taking the AZ vaccine in Germany?
Why are EU leaders recommend Merkel 'leads by example'?

She may not be actively discouraging, but she could do a damn sight more to encourage.

Why would the Queen encourage all people who are sceptical to take a jab, she's had hers?

The facts presented are not in dispute, those being:
  1. The vaccination cohort in Germany are refusing to take the AZ vaccine because of fears of the efficacy; this includes the under 65s
  2. There are 1.4m doses waiting to be injected

It's worrying.

So why are the eligible people not taking the AZ vaccine in Germany?
Why are EU leaders recommend Merkel 'leads by example'?

She may not be actively discouraging, but she could do a damn sight more to encourage.

Why would the Queen encourage all people who are sceptical to take a jab, she's had hers?

The facts presented are not in dispute, those being:
  1. The vaccination cohort in Germany are refusing to take the AZ vaccine because of fears of the efficacy; this includes the under 65s
  2. There are 1.4m doses waiting to be injected

It's worrying.

Those facts are not all the facts, just 2 facts which are presented out of context to make it look like your raging hatred of Merkel, Germans and the EU are justified.
People are not only refusing to take vaccines because of fears of efficacy, you know this, and know it well. There are myriad reasons, including the exact same right wing nutjobs who promote things like Brexit and Trump telling everyone that vaccines are Bill Gates' evil tracking chips hidden in a vial of mercury.

Those facts are not all the facts, just 2 facts which are presented out of context to make it look like your raging hatred of Merkel, Germans and the EU are justified.
People are not only refusing to take vaccines because of fears of efficacy, you know this, and know it well. There are myriad reasons, including the exact same right wing nutjobs who promote things like Brexit and Trump telling everyone that vaccines are Bill Gates' evil tracking chips hidden in a vial of mercury.

No, people are flatly refusing the AZ one in Germany. Here is a non Telegraph/Spectator/Times report about it...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...xford-covid-jabs-delivered-to-eu-not-yet-used