Temporary stand | Page 2 | Vital Football

Temporary stand

I can't recall the exact design of the new SW, is it keeping structure and adding or a demolish and complete rebuild. If the latter, I'm assuming the temp stand will be at that end?

It's a shame we couldn't do this year with no crowds etc but unachievable for obvious reasons, especially as we're reliant on funding.

I can't recall the exact design of the new SW, is it keeping structure and adding or a demolish and complete rebuild. If the latter, I'm assuming the temp stand will be at that end?

It's a shame we couldn't do this year with no crowds etc but unachievable for obvious reasons, especially as we're reliant on funding.

Additional tier on the current structure, I think.

They might take the roof off and add the extra seats to the SW this year and plonk the roof on it at the end of next year. Job done.

great news. i can still remember all the experts saying a temporary stand would never happen. lol.

I think the experts were not anticipating a realistic chance of Championship football by August 2021.

2019-20
Average away attendances

EFL1/Championship
248-500 10 Clubs / 0 Clubs
501-745 4 Clubs / 0 Clubs
746-1000 4 Clubs / 3 Clubs
1001-2039. 6 Clubs / 18 Clubs
2040-2966. 0 Clubs/ 3 Clubs

I think the experts were not anticipating a realistic chance of Championship football by August 2021.

2019-20
Average away attendances

EFL1/Championship
248-500 10 Clubs / 0 Clubs
501-745 4 Clubs / 0 Clubs
746-1000 4 Clubs / 3 Clubs
1001-2039. 6 Clubs / 18 Clubs
2040-2966. 0 Clubs/ 3 Clubs
increasing capacity isn’t just about demand for away tickets... and based on the excitement of this season, my guess is that home anticipation/demand will increase next season, even if we are in league1.

I think it's essentially adding more rows to the back and raising the roof to accomodate it. So, it will end up deeper and a little taller.

increasing capacity isn’t just about demand for away tickets... and based on the excitement of this season, my guess is that home anticipation/demand will increase next season, even if we are in league1.

Yes, an increase in home support is also a factor.

Based on average attendances from 2019 of 9000, we could on average cope with another 1000 home supporter, with existing capacity

But it's the almost guaranteed big increase in away support (if we get to the championship) that means a temporary stand makes sense.

We will leave it there, if a temporary stand arrives with us still in EFL1, the level of home support will have gone up quite remarkably.

But these are remarkable times.

I think there are some spare ones around we could borrow. There is likely to be at least one in Cleethorpes, maybe one in Mansfield and a big one in Nottingham that are likely to be surplus to requirements in 2021/2.

Or a few stands from Bootham Crescent.... could include the delightful khazis from the away end....

View attachment 46441
This was the mock up of the new SW stand.

Regarding the Stacey West, couldn't we get Lindum, Stirlin or another local contractor to do it at cost, preferably without the pillars, in return for 5+ years naming rights and advertising.

Might even get a more "National" firm such as Buckingham Group to take a look, if heading for the Championship.

Regarding the Stacey West, couldn't we get Lindum, Stirlin or another local contractor to do it at cost, preferably without the pillars, in return for 5+ years naming rights and advertising.

Might even get a more "National" firm such as Buckingham Group to take a look, if heading for the Championship.

So you would like a company to do work at 'cost' in the current economic climate also taking any risk costs. Not knowing what next weeks budget will bring! Along, with a major structural changes (which have been explained), in return for a couple of £K worth of advertising to stand which has major historic connections with the club.

Don't think so.

Taking out the pillars would add £1million at least to the price. It's not just as simple as more steel work the amount of groundwork and anchoring for a cantilever stand or even a goal post design is monumental compared to what you have to do for this design. Groundworks are always the most expensive parts of a design relative to what you get You also have a lot more design fees.

As for getting a local contractor to do it for cost you will be lucky in the current climate. We were incredibly lucky when the CO-OP was built because Linpave were looking to do the stand as a showcase for the burgeoning stadium works going on around the country post Hillsborough and Bradford. It clearly worked for them at the time because they went onto to build the 2 stands at Burnley the main stand at Upton Park/Boleyn ground.

Sorry, you are both right and I chose my words wrongly. I would not expect a firm to carry out the work for no return. But perhaps a low profit/return in lieu of the advertising potential.

I also understand the greatly increased costs for providing a non integrated cantilevered stand. Certainly not worth considering if we are to move from "Sincil Bank" in the next ten years.