Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1194 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Definition 1: False 9 is where a team plays without a recognised number 9 so the player who most nearly resembles that role is deemed a false 9.

Definition 2: False 9 is a player who plays in the number 9 role but can't score.

Firmino falls into Def: 2 however I think its lazy analysis and scapegoating when Liverpool struggle in attack. He's much more like a #10 than a #9 but he leads the line.

@Lord Ron Saunders Messi is the original player for the position. He would draw the CBs out of their position leaving a vacuum behind him which Eto'o or Henry could sprint into.

The whole idea of it is the player in that position has to be dangerous enough to make the CBs feel like they to mark them or close them down. That breaks the defensive shape and create holes for players (wide players and midfielders) to run into. Grealish is actually a good example of a player who could do this role really well. Teams only recognize him as the danger. Kevin DeBruyne has played it in some games at City too.

They're not really the real threat but leaving them with lots of space is also too dangerous.

Firmino falls into Def: 2 however I think its lazy analysis and scapegoating when Liverpool struggle in attack. He's much more like a #10 than a #9 but he leads the line.

@Lord Ron Saunders Messi is the original player for the position. He would draw the CBs out of their position leaving a vacuum behind him which Eto'o or Henry could sprint into.

The whole idea of it is the player in that position has to be dangerous enough to make the CBs feel like they to mark them or close them down. That breaks the defensive shape and create holes for players (wide players and midfielders) to run into. Grealish is actually a good example of a player who could do this role really well. Teams only recognize him as the danger. Kevin DeBruyne has played it in some games at City too.

They're not really the real threat but leaving them with lots of space is also too dangerous.
And to add to that, the reason why players like Messi are so dangerous is they either drag a defender out and create space behind, or they get the ball in space then can run at defenders and beat them 1v1. It's a case of you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
(for some reason the dambuster theme song just started playing in my head).
I honestly think Dean Smith thinks Barkley can do this for us, which to be fair is within his capability, but he just doesn't ever do it!

Didn't we beat Leiester earlier in the season or has that been forgotten about now we're struggling and Dean and co are obviously now useless again? The knives really do seem to be sharpening again in some quarters...! Doesn't take long.

That happens with all clubs even Klopp and Pep have been slagged off this season. Dean Smith will always be under fire every time we lose because he is Dean Smith, not a Name. Don't forget we live in a world where everything with a fancy foreign name has to be better than our own, it's the way we are being groomed to think.

That happens with all clubs even Klopp and Pep have been slagged off this season. Dean Smith will always be under fire every time we lose because he is Dean Smith, not a Name. Don't forget we live in a world where everything with a fancy foreign name has to be better than our own, it's the way we are being groomed to think.

Well, despite a bit of a sticky patch, the very common Dean Smith is doing alright for a few of us at least. As things stand, I cant see how a Guardiolaesque or an Ancelottiesque surname could have done too much better after 30 months in charge!

Well, despite a bit of a sticky patch, the very common Dean Smith is doing alright for a few of us at least. As things stand, I cant see how a Guardiolaesque or an Ancelottiesque surname could have done too much better after 30 months in charge!
They wouldn't because they wouldn't come to a championship side in 12 places they like ready-made clubs, when has Pep ever had to work with poor players, never is the answer.
I know what he said about Man City the other day was sarcasm but sarcasm is always close to the truth

So on top of UEFA trying to find a way to let the old elite into the Champions League regardless of where they finish in domestic leagues, they are also now looking into the possibility of playing the final in New York or Asia. Just how much money do these twats need to make? Not exactly going to be a cheap trip for the fans of whichever teams made the final

They wouldn't because they wouldn't come to a championship side in 12 places they like ready-made clubs, when has Pep ever had to work with poor players, never is the answer.
I know what he said about Man City the other day was sarcasm but sarcasm is always close to the truth

Pep is a visionary but being at a club like Man City is taking a shortcut. What Klopp has done is far more impressive IMO, at both Dortmund and Liverpool. I think Klopp is the greatest manager of this generation. Pep hasn't proven he can do it any better than anyone else IMO. To me he is a close second because tbf he brought another level of efficiency and consistency to the league. However Klopp matched and then surpassed it without the financial muscle Pep has had.

the over half a billion klippity has spent has probably helped a bit tbf.

poor old klopp and his shoestring budget has only 'surpassed' city once and he's now fully scouse with his constant whining.
His nice guy routine is only a thin veneer unlike his gnashers

Ten years since Blues had their best achievement, beating Arsenal in the Carabao Cup Final. Downhill all the way since. You have to feel for them :cry:

Sad they were relegated straight afterwards. Sad... because if they'd have stayed up we wouldn't have gone for McLeish, and who knows what would have happened.

the over half a billion klippity has spent has probably helped a bit tbf.

poor old klopp and his shoestring budget has only 'surpassed' city once and he's now fully scouse with his constant whining.
His nice guy routine is only a thin veneer unlike his gnashers

I know Liverpool aren't liked here and that's fair enough but they simply are the best top-flight team in decades.

Net spend plus where Liverpool started vs. the champions-elect level squad pep inherited are worlds apart.

We've spent half of what Liverpool spent too in two seasons vs. his 6 or 7-year reign. And a much higher net spend.

Context is key.

Blimey seanie this brings back memories. My first school was The Prince Albert which was mostly in Whitehead road.
hi my eldest daughter sharon started her ist teaching post at prince albert, she nows runs 3 nursery schools around saltly, washford heath and bordesley, she as been working all through the lockdown with key workers children and under a lot of strain but she is made of strong stuff, she actually played for the villa ladies, i have great friends from around that area, the taylors from ettington road were like family to me and john was a natural, one of the best in aston,i could not lace his boots and we played for saturday and sunday teams for years, i think all the family went to albert road and on to birchfield and gower st, good luck seanie

I know Liverpool aren't liked here and that's fair enough but they simply are the best top-flight team in decades.

Net spend plus where Liverpool started vs. the champions-elect level squad pep inherited are worlds apart.

We've spent half of what Liverpool spent too in two seasons vs. his 6 or 7-year reign. And a much higher net spend.

Context is key.

Liverpool and not Leicester?