Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1193 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Can anyone explain what this "False Nine" crap is ? A number nine was a centre forward, or a striker. Could a keeper be a false nine ? I think this is all a load of mumbo jumbo, Is It to fool the number five ? if it is why cant there be a false five, then the real five can be a false nine. You see you've lost this hav'nt you. Perhaps this is Barkleys problem, he's looking to pick up this false nine.

He is a false footballer.

Maybe this belongs in the controversial Villa opinions thread, but so did I.
We beat Chelsea to sign him didn’t we? I thought he was decent but he picked up a really shitty injury and never got a look in after that. If my memory is correct he was pointlessly pushed by a striker as the ball went out for a goal kick and he pulled or twisted something and missed the season because of it, utterly pointless foul to make and it permanently ruined his career

Can anyone explain what this "False Nine" crap is ? A number nine was a centre forward, or a striker. Could a keeper be a false nine ? I think this is all a load of mumbo jumbo, Is It to fool the number five ? if it is why cant there be a false five, then the real five can be a false nine. You see you've lost this hav'nt you. Perhaps this is Barkleys problem, he's looking to pick up this false nine.

They play like a traditional No 6.

We beat Chelsea to sign him didn’t we? I thought he was decent but he picked up a really shitty injury and never got a look in after that. If my memory is correct he was pointlessly pushed by a striker as the ball went out for a goal kick and he pulled or twisted something and missed the season because of it, utterly pointless foul to make and it permanently ruined his career

He got some games but looked awful and became the whipping boy sadly.

Okore had a ruptured ACL. Maybe his biggest contribution to Villa was refusing to play under Eric Black.

So Jose and Pep doing the business where it matters. Think we're a bit away from putting the Europeans to the sword.

He got some games but looked awful and became the whipping boy sadly.
Yeah but his performances before the injury were a bit mixed but unfortunately for him he was hyped to the hilt supposedly Chelsea wanted him but he chose us I never really bought that one plus he had one good game against Chelsea in the champions league and expectations went through the roof.

Formerly 'second striker' or 'nine and a half'. The only difference is having these sorts of players up top alone which wasn't do as much previously.

Definition 1: False 9 is where a team plays without a recognised number 9 so the player who most nearly resembles that role is deemed a false 9.

Definition 2: False 9 is a player who plays in the number 9 role but can't score.