Adam Curtis' new film. | Vital Football

Adam Curtis' new film.

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Anybody else watched it?

Six parts, over eight hours of mesmerising old footage and lots of big ideas about things such as individualism, democracy, technological advances, civil rights and conspiracy theories*.

It's on the iplayer and it's called, 'Can't Get You Out Of My head'. Check it out.

* Some real good stuff about 'Operation Mindfuck' - I'm thinking the_pledge should watch it.

His series some years ago, "The Power of Nightmares" was absolutely superb.

His stuff is heavy going for a limited brain like mine so I have to be in the right mindset to watch it. Will certainly give it a go.

Yep ..... onto part 3 tonight .....

Enjoyed Hypernormalization too..

Very interesting .... some of it cobblers but certainly worth a watch and digest.

https://t.me/realsimonparkes/440

cue Buddhas stereotypical response. Tucker Carlson is a right wing journalist

Have noticed that fox news are seemingly looking for a direction after trump.
fox were a republican right wing channel and vehemently anti trump in 2016 but switched to backing him when he was going to win the nomination.
they are allowing the tucker Carlson show to be anti wall st and big business etc and pro working people and freedom. Are they covering their bases to see where the most viewers will come from?
Even had real left wingers on his show e.g jimmy dore.

if it dont work then i assume they will get rid of carlson and go back fully right wing.

If you are old real left or anti big corporations etc then watch jimmy dore whilst he is still allowed to be seen. If nothing else it will give a different perspective on us politics.

cnn etc are also adjusting to dropping figures now that their only hook (being anti trump) has nearly gone.

Have noticed that fox news are seemingly looking for a direction after trump.

fox were a republican right wing channel and vehemently anti trump in 2016 but switched to backing him when he was going to win the nomination.
they are allowing the tucker Carlson show to be anti wall st and big business etc and pro working people and freedom. Are they covering their bases to see where the most viewers will come from?
Even had real left wingers on his show e.g jimmy dore.

if it dont work then i assume they will get rid of carlson and go back fully right wing.

If you are old real left or anti big corporations etc then watch jimmy dore whilst he is still allowed to be seen. If nothing else it will give a different perspective on us politics.

cnn etc are also adjusting to dropping figures now that their only hook (being anti trump) has nearly gone.

"fox were a republican right wing channel"
Really ?
How do you know ? (Guardian ??)

In the UK how can it be seen ?
I'd like to judge for myself.

(I could say "define right wing", but I'll assume that means anyone who is not signed up to Guardian/BBC group think, pro-state, collectivist, ill-liberal authoritarian polices.:innocent:)

"fox were a republican right wing channel"
Really ?
How do you know ? (Guardian ??)

In the UK how can it be seen ?
I'd like to judge for myself.

(I could say "define right wing", but I'll assume that means anyone who is not signed up to Guardian/BBC group think, pro-state, collectivist, ill-liberal authoritarian polices.:innocent:)

Uninformed reply again lol. I have not read any newspapers since the seventies unless an article has been pointed out to me. The guardian certainly does not reflect my politics.

Fox news used to be on sky and i watched it daily for years until it was pulled due to a lack of advertising revenue.
I now watch it ( mainly carlson) on the internet, derr.
I also watch most nations tv channels, missing chinese tv now as the uk decided to close them down (censorship?), maybe they will remove russian tv next lol.

Having been wrong on all of the above maybe you should not debate what is right wing which might be too complex lol ;)