Joey Barton... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Joey Barton...

However, to go to an extreme, Fred and Rosemary West suffered extraordinarily vile childhoods. Still wronguns whatever their excuse.

( obviously I'm not saying Barton is like the Wests, just saying a terrible childhood often shapes future behaviour

Attachments

• 20210223_165424.jpg
    20210223_165424.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210223_165256.jpg
    20210223_165256.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 1
The people I know who had shit childhoods used it as energy & motivation to make their fortunes broking in the City. None of them have ever committed a crime.
I think the bloke is a wrongun. Often their background is a reason/influence. It doesn't make it ok.

If background makes no difference why do we bother with parenting and trying to instill what we consider good values in our children?

Funnily enough I wouldn't use "make their fortunes broking in the city" as a fine example.

Don't think people "making fortunes" in the city is particularly worthy.

Someone reacting to a terrible background by working in some kind of caring profession would be a great example of turning it round.

I'm not saying they have to do anything in particular by the way.

Don't think people "making fortunes" in the city is particularly worthy.

Someone reacting to a terrible background by working in some kind of caring profession would be a great example of turning it round.

I'm not saying they have to do anything in particular by the way.

Regardless it's better than being a crackhead like their parents.

Big earners do contribute to society - £500k a year paye means they make a tax contribution of over £200k.

Regardless it's better than being a crackhead like their parents.

Big earners do contribute to society - £500k a year paye means they make a tax contribution of over £200k.
Yes of course.

I think you'v got the wrong end of the stick from the start.

A few weeks ago I called out Barton for being a wrongun and got slaughtered by Mozzer (hence my recent post referring to Mozzer).

In later posts I pointed out that he had an appalling background which explained his character to some extent and that basically he wasn't all bad.

I'll leave it at that.

Didn't Joey Barton's brother kill a young lad in a racially motivated murder a few years back?

No, Barton’s cousin! His brother was sentenced for attacking the lad, but his cousin committed the murder!

Last edited by a moderator:
I read Joey Barton's autobiography - he had a normal, white-northern-working class-act like a man-don't grass-scally scouser upbringing. What comes across was 2 things - his standard scouser "it's never your fault" response to everything he's done, and his high self esteem (both in his opinion of himself as a player, and of how clever he thinks he is).

It may be that coincidence that made him a success as a player - some people make it, and some people don't.

I read Joey Barton's autobiography - he had a normal, white-northern-working class-act like a man-don't grass-scally scouser upbringing. What comes across was 2 things - his standard scouser "it's never your fault" response to everything he's done, and his high self esteem (both in his opinion of himself as a player, and of how clever he thinks he is).

It may be that coincidence that made him a success as a player - some people make it, and some people don't.

He is a clever person! You don’t go on Question Time and speak several times at The Cambridge Union if you’re a complete fuckwit! Far more intelligent than people think!

He is a clever person! You don’t go on Question Time and speak several times at The Cambridge Union if you’re a complete fuckwit! Far more intelligent than people think!

I'm amazed anyone fell for that. At the height of his playing career (and when he was creating most of his controversy), he seemed to try to play this Cantona style card that he was in to poetry, arts etc and acted like a pretentious twat. As a result, he made it on Question Time and must be up there with Nick Griffin in the stakes of making an arse out of himself and generally being completely out of his depth.

I am always willing to keep an open mind when discussing one incident but Barton has been abusive AND accused of violent actions just too often.

If found guilty of assaulting Stendel he may serve a short term of porridge, but will then probably come out saying how easy he found it as he needs to be seen as a hardman. It will be interesting to see whether Rovers wait for him.

I'm amazed anyone fell for that. At the height of his playing career (and when he was creating most of his controversy), he seemed to try to play this Cantona style card that he was in to poetry, arts etc and acted like a pretentious twat. As a result, he made it on Question Time and must be up there with Nick Griffin in the stakes of making an arse out of himself and generally being completely out of his depth.
Ha, was gonna mention Nick Griffin appearing on QT myself.