Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1191 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

TBH there are no Villa Fans in Aston anymore haven't been for many years. In saying that with a bit of urban generation thrown in you couldn't get a better setting than Villa Park. There is no better sight in football than walking towards the holte is there ?
No reason to move Villa Park at all ever and the city centre would be a nightmare place to put a football ground, not that there is any room anyway.

It does stir the blood, that's for sure.

Karanka said last night that the progress his side are making is "amazing".

Please god let him keep his job.

I was listening to some ex Bluenose pundit on the TV talking about how well they'd played. They conceded 3 goals and Norwich missed a penalty so should have been 4. Maybe playing well to them just means trying to kick lumps out of the opposition

Neil Lennon has resigned at Celtic. Will probably turn up on Soccer Saturday with Pullis, Sherward, & Morrison and bore the pants off us.

Did anyone happen to catch the programme on Al jazeera news channel this morning about Celtic Football Club, very interesting.

Yes they’ll shit themselves for all of that whole minute and then wonder where he’s gone for the next 89.

(Obviously he’ll be on the touch line having another teenage melodrama, and trying to find where he chucked his boots).

Frankly embarrassing to see him do that, embarrassing himself and us in the process. If he is pissed with his performance, he should channel his anger towards achieving better performances instead of showing worsening moments of being upset with himself with each passing game.

TBH there are no Villa Fans in Aston anymore haven't been for many years. In saying that with a bit of urban generation thrown in you couldn't get a better setting than Villa Park. There is no better sight in football than walking towards the holte is there ?
No reason to move Villa Park at all ever and the city centre would be a nightmare place to put a football ground, not that there is any room anyway.
Yes Villan,go by train to the Villa now but remember the fun of trying to park near the Sacred Heart. Local Mafia would invite us to invest in their generous offer to protect my vehicle from the "local Mafia ". Pre game these loveable rogues would wish us all the best and hope for a Villa win. Post match,if we hadn't seen them before, we would tell them to fuck off. The Mafia would then explain that Villa were shit and they were lifelong fans of ManU,liverpool or Arsenal. Happy days.

Yes Villan,go by train to the Villa now but remember the fun of trying to park near the Sacred Heart. Local Mafia would invite us to invest in their generous offer to protect my vehicle from the "local Mafia ". Pre game these loveable rogues would wish us all the best and hope for a Villa win. Post match,if we hadn't seen them before, we would tell them to fuck off. The Mafia would then explain that Villa were shit and they were lifelong fans of ManU,liverpool or Arsenal. Happy days.

I park up by the ATS tyre offices and about 6 years ago we had an encounter with a lad asking for £5 to "mind" the car, he hadn't even seen which car we got out of.
My Son saw red and told him if he wanted to pay him it would be what he thought not what the lad demanded, and it wasn't about the money it was the principle.
To which the lad said it wasn't about the money for him either and proceeded to pull out a wad of £20 notes. Obviously, he was into more than minding a few cars, we went down to the Queens rd police station to report it. Long story but they haven't been pulling the stunt up there since which I find odd but I guess pushing drugs is more lucrative

Wasnt there a bit of a turf war early/mid 90's. I think we'd played Arsenal and when we got back to the car afterwards, several parked near to us had the windows put through - luckily ours hadn't been touched. The local kids were nowhere to be seen either

A few years ago I parked in a side road near Ruskin Hall club. Local lads asked if they could look after my car.I said they could and see me when I got back. (I always bunged a few coins.) After watching Man City, the old version, beat us 5-1 I got back to the car to find the window stove in. Lads turned up with their hands out saying they’d looked after my car. I don’t think they were expecting the strength or colour of the language they were on the end of.

Neil Lennon gone.
Celtic were going for ten in a row. Even though I'd veer towards the Hoops (I'm from West Belfast, after all!) there is nothing healthy about that kind of domination. It's just a shame that besides them and Rangers (who will win the League) there are no other clubs really in the reckoning up there.

i remember one night pat mulleady from the fruit and veg whitehead road came after school and ask me if i wanted to go to the wolves away match, and his dad drove us there fantastic atmostphere, and im sure peter mcparland was a friend of his dad and he was playing but i cant remember if he was playing for the villa or wolves, i think it was a 2-2 draw, the reason i remember is because pat told everyone that i had cornflakes for my dinner, seanie
Blimey seanie this brings back memories. My first school was The Prince Albert which was mostly in Whitehead road.

Neil Lennon gone.
Celtic were going for ten in a row. Even though I'd veer towards the Hoops (I'm from West Belfast, after all!) there is nothing healthy about that kind of domination. It's just a shame that besides them and Rangers (who will win the League) there are no other clubs really in the reckoning up there.

John Terry mentioned in despatches as a candidate to replace him , although he will probably be linked to every vacancy arising.