Wilder lost dressing room | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wilder lost dressing room

If you watched the transfer deadline thing the other yr you would remember not only does Chris put recommendations forward he also puts valuations on what he thinks the targets are worth it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve lost out cos the price has gone above what Chris thought was a fair price he’s said as much in past interviews too
Bully you'd be surprised at one or two deals we lost out on this summer mi owd pal.I can't tell you anymore but trust me mate i was shocked when i heard some of deals,but i won't break the trust placed in me by spilling anymore and i'm not bullshitting.UTMPB

Bully you'd be surprised at one or two deals we lost out on this summer mi owd pal.I can't tell you anymore but trust me mate i was shocked when i heard some of deals,but i won't break the trust placed in me by spilling anymore and i'm not bullshitting.UTMPB

The operative word being lost out on. We then have to play with what we have. My biggest issue is with the system that we have persisted with. Any system has to be based on the players available, not on what we lost out on.

Didn't realize you were a ITK fan Rodders. Would we really be surprised with some of the deals, I think there is a big difference in having a wish list and actually having the finance to bring them into the club. For me the club has to remain financially stable, presumably these deals would have a step to far, but as ever all about opinions.

Didn't realize you were a ITK fan Rodders. Would we really be surprised with some of the deals, I think there is a big difference in having a wish list and actually having the finance to bring them into the club. For me the club has to remain financially stable, presumably these deals would have a step to far, but as ever all about opinions.
Believe or don't believe, i aint saying no more Dezza but as i said i was surprised by some of the goings on this summer with deals.When someone tells me something and doesn't want me to say owt i keep the promise i gave, i'm not trying to get on anyone's nerves by the way i don't alot of info. UTMPB

Exactly, you can talk to Barcelona about Messi, does not mean we will get him.

Believe or don't believe, i aint saying no more Dezza but as i said i was surprised by some of the goings on this summer with deals.When someone tells me something and doesn't want me to say owt i keep the promise i gave, i'm not trying to get on anyone's nerves by the way i don't alot of info. UTMPB

I believe you Rod, I'm sure there were names we heard on the rumour mill, but were they actually players we really had a chance of landing, maybe not.

Agreed CJJ although but with some reservations.

They need to analyse what has gone so disastrously wrong with our results and the performances. Our style of play was as entertaining as anything I’ve seen since the days of John Harris and TC but last night‘s performance was more akin to Nigel Adkins‘s time.

The point you make about finding free transfers and good bargain basement signings could be a clue the the problem. Wilder has spent the whole of his managerial career shopping in Aldi with a few grand in his back pocket at best. He, Knill and their back room staff will know so many of the players at sub PL levels, not just their game but their characters as well. All of a sudden he’s shopping in Waitrose with £20m+ to spend and but he doesn’t know where the best buys are anymore and needs advice from others. Did these ‘others’ advise him well?

Also his man-management style which can be cutting in the the extreme at times and might not work so well when he's dealing with a dressing room full of £millionaires? I don’t know, just like everybody else it’s a view and I’m throwing ideas into the mix. Makes me laugh when people try to make out that their personal view is actually a statement of fact to grab the audience so I though I’d better clarify. 😂
However, is CW willing to take advice, should it be (or when it is) offered?
There was a “spat” wasn’t there about getting a director of football involved?
The quality and return on the £120+ millions (or whatever it is) has been woeful.
Hopefully, he is the one to steady everything, hopefully before the end of the season, and then bring us back up.
But will he have learned enough from the last two seasons to make a success of it in the Premiership next time around?
If you recall, in his rant after the Leicester game, he referred to all the 10 outfield players as League 1 and Championship players.
Following on from that, where do you think he sees himself as a manager?

Tantalising!
Do we assume those are the players who would have actually have made a difference?

Tantalising!
Do we assume those are the players who would have actually have made a difference?

Who know's BB because we are never allowed to know! There's an awful lot of hush hush and hearsay going on - and I don't see the point in a lot of it.

I doubt I would be surprised m8 we will have made enquiries for a lot of players I don’t think for one minute what came in in the summer we’re his first choices (apart from ramsdale) but his first for what we were prepared to pay but it’s whether that was down to HRH the CEO or Chris’s valuation that we didn’t get who we wanted originally that matters

If you recall, in his rant after the Leicester game, he referred to all the 10 outfield players as League 1 and Championship players.
Following on from that, where do you think he sees himself as a manager?

We do know someone who has been spectacular at getting promotions, but has been in the PL four times and relegated four times, don't we.?

I have long held a theory that managers are either good at working with next to nowt, or good at spending big money. The comment elsewhere about Aldi to Waitrose is absolutely spot on. I don't see any change at all in CW's approach from the end of first lockdown to now. 30 plus games of shyte hoofball, and we are still playing the same formation and style. Thats not suggesting to me that we should give him any more slack at all. He's had 20 games more than any other manager would have had at any other club, and we're still shyte. You can deny it based on four great years, and 'who can we get thats better' but if we're being honest, we know it to be true...

If HRH does think CW is up to it and gives him a chance to get us promoted again, he should do and then if promotion comes he should do the smart thing, fire him and get a foreign manager who knows how to play the PL way.

We do know someone who has been spectacular at getting promotions, but has been in the PL four times and relegated four times, don't we.?

I have long held a theory that managers are either good at working with next to nowt, or good at spending big money. The comment elsewhere about Aldi to Waitrose is absolutely spot on. I don't see any change at all in CW's approach from the end of first lockdown to now. 30 plus games of shyte hoofball, and we are still playing the same formation and style. Thats not suggesting to me that we should give him any more slack at all. He's had 20 games more than any other manager would have had at any other club, and we're still shyte. You can deny it based on four great years, and 'who can we get thats better' but if we're being honest, we know it to be true...

If HRH does think CW is up to it and gives him a chance to get us promoted again, he should do and then if promotion comes he should do the smart thing, fire him and get a foreign manager who knows how to play the PL way.
Two theories I totally agree with and have also mentioned before.

Ability to spend big money always a problem for Aldi buyers.
Sacking the manager who gets you there.

It's harsh but it's realistic.

On a more general basis promoting from within is fraught with problems particularly if you are the one who has promoted/stuck with that person.
You have a vested interest in their success and , often, keep them longer than you would someone from outside, when you know that you need to do the right thing.
It can also be counter productive for them as they know deep down that they can't hack it but don't want to quit and let you down.
Once promoted beyond their ability level there is no fall back position, except for losing face and going back into the ranks, or leaving.

As I said in another post how does the prince get assurances from CW that he has learned from his mistakes? If he challenges him on a football basis, his methods, his tactics, his style, his results, he's seen as interfering.
If he doesn't he shows he hasn't learned from the expeience either and is putting faith in hope over experience.

Keeping CW on will mean setting him some very specific timed tagets for him to achieve before the prince takes action.How long does he 'trust in Wilder'???

Last edited:
Getting the right manager is always a lottery. Even Fergy nearly got the sack at ManU.
We've got the right manager already Chippy.Of course our Chris's made mistakes this season but this season's awful results isn't all his fault,althought he's getting alot of the blame there's blame,very much so that lies elsewhere mi owd pal.UTMPB

We've got the right manager already Chippy.Of course our Chris's made mistakes this season but this season's awful results isn't all his fault,althought he's getting alot of the blame there's blame,very much so that lies elsewhere mi owd pal.UTMPB
Where are you putting that blame Rod?

He buys the players, he picks the team, he tells them how to play, of course it nowt to do with him... Its that pink shirt, the idiot who painted the South Stand Black instead of red and white, and most of all its '£3 yer match programmes' guy opposite the Railway. B'stard ..!

He buys the players, he picks the team, he tells them how to play, of course it nowt to do with him... Its that pink shirt, the idiot who painted the South Stand Black instead of red and white, and most of all its '£3 yer match programmes' guy opposite the Railway. B'stard ..!
Where have i said it's nowt to do with our Chris then Pops? I stick by what i said it isn't all down to the manager if you disagree that's entirely up to thee mi owd pal.I don't know if you want a change in manager at our club,if you do want a change you may or may not get your wish this summer although i sincerely hope our Chris is still here for many many years in the future. UTMPB

Where have i said it's nowt to do with our Chris then Pops? I stick by what i said it isn't all down to the manager if you disagree that's entirely up to thee mi owd pal.I don't know if you want a change in manager at our club,if you do want a change you may or may not get your wish this summer although i sincerely hope our Chris is still here for many many years in the future. UTMPB
So Rod, again I ask exactly where you apportion the blame apart from the portion you blame CW for?