#COVID19 | Page 875 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I like this new roadmap. Its not without issues but apparently Boris has finally learned some lessons (I think the absence of Cummings might have helped significantly) from what happened last year. That's to his credit, because I wouldn't have expected it from him.
Obviously its far too late given the number of deaths in the UK, but the future looks positive once these next few months are done.

Cummings actually wanted us to remain locked down when the Kent variant appeared, Johnson ignored him. Hence tens of thousands dying.

People who have been vaccinated for Covid could soon be given more freedom to travel, with a new 'vaccine passport' app due to be ready "within weeks".

The digital pass, developed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), will allow border agencies to verify that air passengers have received their Covid jabs by approved authorities, and could potentially aid the widespread resumption of international travel.

IATA also confirmed earlier this month that it is in talks with the UK government about creating a prototype app for certifying vaccinated travellers, which could replace current travel restrictions such as triple testing of passengers, quarantine hotels, and ten-day mandatory quarantine.

As long as Dildo is nowhere near this, it sounds like a good idea.

People who have been vaccinated for Covid could soon be given more freedom to travel, with a new 'vaccine passport' app due to be ready "within weeks".

The digital pass, developed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), will allow border agencies to verify that air passengers have received their Covid jabs by approved authorities, and could potentially aid the widespread resumption of international travel.

IATA also confirmed earlier this month that it is in talks with the UK government about creating a prototype app for certifying vaccinated travellers, which could replace current travel restrictions such as triple testing of passengers, quarantine hotels, and ten-day mandatory quarantine.

As long as Dildo is nowhere near this, it sounds like a good idea.

I may actually bid to build this app as, on the surface I have all the skill set that the government will be looking for, IE fuck all.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pest but what does 'up to 94%' mean in this case?
You have to be aware of when unscientific language is being used and how that can be manipulated to make you think something untrue.
remember, 10% is in the set of things that are 'up to 94%' as is 0%.
The reason I talk about time frame here is important. Does it take a month or two to reach the point where the vaccines have had their effect on hospitalizations, or is there no delay between administering the vaccine to a group and the 'up to 94%' effect to happen? Remember that if there is a delay, it explains the advice not to be easing lockdown too much in March.

My guess would be that if we are seeing up to 94% in reduction of hospital admissions now, then getting enough people vaccinated and then accounting for a delay in seeing the results of those vaccinations probably takes us to at least June

Worth making that point again, it is easy to manipulate scientific data and conclusions to the public. People should be wary about headlines.

What an appalling state of affairs such caveats need to be placed on scientific evidence.

I like this new roadmap. Its not without issues but apparently Boris has finally learned some lessons (I think the absence of Cummings might have helped significantly) from what happened last year. That's to his credit, because I wouldn't have expected it from him.
Obviously its far too late given the number of deaths in the UK, but the future looks positive once these next few months are done.

Not gonna give the **** credit, i think he had no choice. Everyone knew his earlier approach was wrong and 10months later the knives were out all around. The credit should go to the advisor that made him see sense, whoever that may be.They have done this country a service.

Road map is credible at least although all schools opening at once may delay things if we are unfortunate

I'm getting my first vaccination this afternoon. Which I'm really pleased about with the kids back at college and School on the 8th of March.

Does anyone know if the advice is to still shield until my 2nd vaccination?

Only you know about your personal conditions and the risk, so any advice is with caveats. It takes two weeks for either vaccine to build 60% immunity and three weeks to get 70%. Need second dose to get reported 90% but some reports suggest you could reach 90 on one dose depending on vaccine and which report you read. Personally I would be very cautious for three weeks and guarded until several weeks after second dose. New research coming out all the time so figures may alter slightly or new strains throw everything out the window. Cupboard under the stairs is safest bet.

I'm getting my first vaccination this afternoon. Which I'm really pleased about with the kids back at college and School on the 8th of March.

Does anyone know if the advice is to still shield until my 2nd vaccination?
Strangely enough I had a shielding letter this morning advising continuation of shielding until 31st March, so if you were shielding before you should continue until 31st March irrespective of vaccinations.

I love a bit of Van Tam. He's a great calming voice which cuts through a lot of screeching noise from faux experts.
The vaccines are really helping and is the only medium to long term way out of this.
When you analyse what has been achieved by the fantastic scientists who have developed this in such a crazy time period, you can only be hugely impressed and grateful.

As for JvT, he'll be on Strictly at some point.