Julian Nagelsmann? | Vital Football

Julian Nagelsmann?

Spesh-Spur

Vital 1st Team Regular
So there is a lot of talk of the RB Leipzig manager bring our top target to replace Jose.

At 33 he certainly ticks the young, up and coming manager box but is there a point when a manager is too young? For example, Gareth Bale is 31 himself.

I must admit, I like the idea of someone of his credentials coming in, but only if he is given the time, resources and patience required!

As I asked on another thread....how long would it be before before the fans give him shit? because of their impatience, we all know time is the most important thing, for every new manager.

As I asked on another thread....how long would it be before before the fans give him shit? because of their impatience, we all know time is the most important thing, for every new manager.

Apologies if this has been discussed to death already but I may have missed it elsewhere which is why I raised it here.
I agree, time is precious and most of us Spurs fans aren't known for giving much of it whether it's a new player or a new coach!

Perhaps some question marks about him, but Roberto Martinez does get you wondering. He's only lost 4 in 51 games as Belgium boss and does seem genuinely good at setting up teams to both defend and attack. He looks very tactically astute nowadays and is quite creative in how he gets the best out of players. Definitely, a name I'd have on the shortlist to replace Mourinho.

Perhaps some question marks about him, but Roberto Martinez does get you wondering. He's only lost 4 in 51 games as Belgium boss and does seem genuinely good at setting up teams to both defend and attack. He looks very tactically astute nowadays and is quite creative in how he gets the best out of players. Definitely, a name I'd have on the shortlist to replace Mourinho.

I'd take almost anyone over Jose now, I detest the man and his defensive negativity and excuses.

I'd take almost anyone over Jose now, I detest the man and his defensive negativity and excuses.

I agree and am not a fan of JM, he was my least favourite option at the time, but then the players started making noises about "he's a proven winner" "it's an honour to play for such a coach" "he gets the best out of us" "we want to play for him" blah blah blah...

but you're not playing for him or one another so...

...the fact is, JM says he's not instructing the team to play negative football, even the players often say that he's not instructing them to play turgid football, so one of them is feeding us BS!

It's got to the point we were at prior to Poch's sacking, only difference is, we had a great time watching most of our performances under Poch whilst repeatedly getting top four and over-achieving in the CL, so please, let's not have to endure too much more of this dross under JM!!!