Coronavirus | Page 580 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Boris full on backing Hancock for his failings giving contracts to his mates down the pub.

I do wonder though if over the past 13 months of this pandemic (I’m going back to Dec/Jan when they should’ve started going to meetings about COVID), as to whether this is building up to a significant dismissal of Hancock once the dust settles, as Boris will need to blame someone for the failings and Hancock makes the most sense when he digs his own grave.

He was on Marr yesterday, you cannot trust a word he says anymore can you? Which is terrible for a high ranking (I did say ranking Minister)

Boris et al backing him, just opens them all up to the 'they are all the same' and all corrupt point of view. One I don't share, as many are in it for the right reasons, but I am not sure that covers many in the cabinet.

Same, could you have staggered 3x year groups one day then the next 2x or 3x the next day - even if just for two weeks to embed any new protocols if that’s even possible in a large school.

I think they'll have to - Gov have said school choice for the first week - but if they are testing as well, surely it's going to take a fortnight to get through 1000+ kids?

EFL season scheduled to finish 8th of May. Premier league scheduled to finish 2 weeks later. So the 17th May date would only affect one league on one weekend i.e the final weekend in the Premier league. Did no one have a fixtures app open when deciding this part of the announcement.

:slap:

Why bother. Just say no league fans to return until next season rather than this token effort. No one would be bothered after this long I’m sure and would give an extra 3 months not to have thousands in a stadium over one weekend .

Euros could be a different argument given they do not start until June.

I repeat :slap:

suppose you'll get the playoff finals in as well
& obv worth doing it solely for the Fulham v Newcastle game if wor Stevie has worked his magic

Heard it all now, an Asian MP asking the PM for special dispensation for the Indian wedding centres in the North West to be allowed to open early.
This is the very section of our community that are refusing the vaccine.

Teachers are not a special case over many others who could make a strong case for being a priority I’m afraid. I get the impression they think they are and think they can hold everyone to ransom because they hold such a key in getting things back to normal by allowing kids back to school.

More than irritated by teachers or should I say in most fairness teacher unions who don’t come across as very ‘can do’.

Trouble with teachers pleading their case is when , like me , you have a neighbour who is a primary school teacher who went on holiday abroad in the October half term. Who’s husband runs a building firm and has consistently had employees in and out of the house throughout and even more so in the current lockdown and has allowed her son to go out with a friend in the friends car the last 2 weekends, your sympathy wears thin to their case.

Last edited:
EFL season scheduled to finish 8th of May. Premier league scheduled to finish 2 weeks later. So the 17th May date would only affect one league on one weekend i.e the final weekend in the Premier league. Did no one have a fixtures app open when deciding this part of the announcement.

:slap:

Why bother. Just say no league fans to return until next season rather than this token effort. No one would be bothered after this long I’m sure and would give an extra 3 months not to have thousands in a stadium over one weekend .

Euros could be a different argument given they do not start until June.

I repeat :slap:

You could get tens of thousands of bigger club fans try to turn up for a lower league game - your Salford FC types - especially if there’s something riding on the game and it’s a sunny day.

The common sense thing for me would have been to vaccinate all the teachers first. They keep saying its vital to get the kids back into school then surely teachers should be classed as essential workers.

Agree. Teachers, nurses, public transport drivers too. Anyone who keeps the world moving who is on the front line should all be done.

The number of TfL service people who has died was around 40 at one point, typically Black or minority ethnicity, of a higher risk age range. They should’ve got those people vaccinated at the front of the queue but they couldn’t afford more care home outbreaks costing lives playing catch up.

Teachers are not a special case over many others who could make a strong case for being a priority I’m afraid. I get the impression they think they are and think they can hold everyone to ransom because they hold such a key in getting things back to normal by allowing kids back to school.

More than irritated by teachers or should I say in most fairness teacher unions who don’t come across as very ‘can do’.

Trouble with teachers pleading their case is when , like me , you have a neighbour who is a primary school teacher who went on holiday abroad in the October half term. Who’s husband runs a building firm and has consistently had employees in and out of the house throughout and even more so in the current lockdown and has allowed her son to go out with a friend in the friends car the last 2 weekends, your sympathy wears thin to their case.
I hear what you are saying mate but if my wife was a school teacher I would be saying to her you are not going back until you have been vaccinated for fear of her getting it and then passing it on to me which is what happened to sirdennis.

Perhaps extreme and there might only be a few examples, but the last thing kids need is an increase in cases and a teaching dieing from it, as they near exams and coursework.

Always examples of irresponsible people, one household samples are dangerous as in every field of every industry you’ll find more or less compliant people.

If a teacher doesn’t have the choice to go back to work - which I don’t believe they do - they should be entitled to a vaccine.

Also, if teachers were to be invited forward now, wouldn’t that save disruption from taking them out of school during term time to go and get the vaccine whilst they are doing their “marking” i.e. fuck all?

I hear what you are saying mate but if my wife was a school teacher I would be saying to her you are not going back until you have been vaccinated for fear of her getting it and then passing it on to me which is what happened to sirdennis.
This country seems to hate teachers and I don't get it. Many of them are risking their lives to look after the kids of 'key works' (many people are lying about their 'key work' may I add) and will be at even more risk once all kids return. Where they sit with respect to others on the front line is open for debate but I'd wager they'd net out near the top (behind key health workers).

This country seems to hate teachers and I don't get it. Many of them are risking their lives to look after the kids of 'key works' (many people are lying about their 'key work' may I add) and will be at even more risk once all kids return. Where they sit with respect to others on the front line is open for debate but I'd wager they'd net out near the top (behind key health workers).

For every teacher, there are what 60 parents? The emotion is high because parents are stressed, fed up, tired, and just wanting their kids back. I had a few twats of teachers but overall, they’re just normal people who don’t want to get or pass on the virus I guess. Like all of us...

I think the main point is that many professions can make a case for needing the vaccine before anyone else and teachers are not a special case when emergency service workers (outside the NHS), prison officers for example are not even a priority. Those professions that cannot not be completed without social contact. As Dan points out those keeping the world moving ...but that list is long and try telling anyone that their own job or life is less important than someone else’s

Teachers and schools are a controlled environment. Distancing should be able to be managed and controlled. There are plenty of jobs in the public domain that are not so able to be controlled that could make a case.

Its not the teachers mate, it’s the unions that seem to hold too much power and really don’t come across as ‘can do’ .

My mum was a primary school teacher for 40 years and clearly has loyalties but has been really scathing about how this has been managed by the schools and unions , her point being the same in that the impression is what we can’t do rather than what we can do.

The schools need to risk assesses anyone vulnerable by health or age and take them away from the ‘front line’ so to speak .

Everyone out working is risking their life because we have seen what can happen with fit people succumbing. Your shelf stacker at Tesco’s is risking their life walking round a supermarket all day with the amount of public foot fall .

I dont think the teachers unions do teachers any favours.
They are always at the forefront of any issues, and always come across as extremly obstructive.