Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 71 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

Fence sitting, if JM was sacked/effed off, and a young up n coming manager was appointed for the long term to say build Spurs a different way, that is start with a new rebuild etc....amongst our fanatical opinionated, lol!, Spurs fans....how long would it be or he last before all the negative shit started getting thrown at him?

just asking for debate reasons.

Fence sitting, if JM was sacked/effed off, and a young up n coming manager was appointed for the long term to say build Spurs a different way, that is start with a new rebuild etc....amongst our fanatical opinionated, lol!, Spurs fans....how long would it be or he last before all the negative shit started getting thrown at him?

I keep coming back to this but SAF said it best: Don't pick a club, pick a Chairman you can work for.

Do we have a conflict of interest though? Whilst I get the argument for a young up-and-coming manager, Spurs are also in a process of building a WW brand with the new stadium right at the heart of it. Do we need a name that goes with a brand-building exercise? Jose definitely does that. Scotty Parker or Eddie Howe may not.

It's a real dilemma for Levy who is always trying to attract investors.

Do we have a conflict of interest though? Whilst I get the argument for a young up-and-coming manager, Spurs are also in a process of building a WW brand with the new stadium right at the heart of it. Do we need a name that goes with a brand-building exercise? Jose definitely does that. Scotty Parker or Eddie Howe may not.

It's a real dilemma for Levy who is always trying to attract investors.
Yes muttley, put like that I can see where your coming from.

80, I remember, I think lol!, SAF saying that.

I saw a list of four, and one went to the Chavs, and none were English.

Rogers is a bit of an enigma to me. I have a bit of trouble imagining him in a Spurs job.

I heard JM say...quote..."there are problems in the team! that I cannot fix" um!, he is the coach for gods sake! should we be reading between the lines here, what do you all think?

If Jose said these words, then he's no longer management material, or a true leader that can forge a winning mentality and have us play FOR each other.

We're Dooooomed I tell ya!

Jose Mourinho: Spurs have problems 'I cannot resolve myself' but are not in crisis

Last updated on 21 February 202121 February 2021.From the section Tottenham

West Ham 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Jose Mourinho says top-four finish looks difficult
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho says his side "have problems I cannot resolve myself" but does not believe Spurs are in crisis after losing at West Ham - their fifth defeat in six league games.
The 2-1 reverse leaves Tottenham in ninth place, nine points behind the fourth-placed Hammers.
Michail Antonio and Jesse Lingard scored for the hosts before Lucas Moura pulled one back.
"I wouldn't say crisis," said Mourinho when questioned about Spurs' form.
"I would say a bad, a really bad, run of results. That is obvious. We're losing too many matches."
Newspaper reports on Sunday suggested Mourinho's job could be at risk if his team failed to win at London Stadium.
The two-time Champions League winner has been criticised by some Spurs fans for a perceived negative approach to games but, asked whether Tottenham's slump was related to his style of management, Mourinho replied: "No, not at all. Mine and my coaching staff's methods are second to nobody in the world.
"I think for a long, long time, we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve by myself as a coach."
The former Chelsea and Manchester United manager suggested winning the Europa League could be Tottenham's most likely route into next season's Champions League.

How can a manager with a winning pedigree work for Levy. Because he bought into the dream.

We hit a wall doing 100mph with Covid.

I think everyone is at a bit of a loss. This club was positioned to make the move to the elite level. Covid has torpedoed that. You can't plan when you haven't a clue what's next. All you can do is survive.

What does this mean?

"I think for a long, long time, we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve by myself as a coach."

For me, it's the "long, long time" words that tell the story. He can't be talking about our current ability to defend. It wasn't that long ago we had a great defensive record under Poch. He is talking about something deeper.

If I had to guess it is player power. He came in and tried to do it his way and after a year the players pushed back on his methods and then the chairman got involved and backed them. He's now having a dig at both parties and calling them losers.

Whereas, we believe he could have taken us to a new level of winning if he could have just evolved as a leader and communicator and catch up with his football philosophy. After all, there is a great coach in there.

So I'm sensing a problem - deep stuff.

Yup exactly...no way in hell we get Rodgers...I wouldn't if I was him!!

As well as the obvious Leicester in ascendancy vs us spiraling issue... It wouldn't surprise me if he's still really bitter about not getting the job after interview with Levy. He threw constant jibes at us when he got Liverpool job, many of which came back to bite him in the arse. Made me really dislike the bloke though, ironic as bitterness seems to be Mourinho's life fuel.

As well as the obvious Leicester in ascendancy vs us spiraling issue... It wouldn't surprise me if he's still really bitter about not getting the job after interview with Levy. He threw constant jibes at us when he got Liverpool job, many of which came back to bite him in the arse. Made me really dislike the bloke though, ironic as bitterness seems to be Mourinho's life fuel.

I feel the same way about Rodgers. Plus the fact that he got his teeth whitened and ditched his wife. And the life-sized portrait.

What does this mean?

For me, it's the "long, long time" words that tell the story. He can't be talking about our current ability to defend. It wasn't that long ago we had a great defensive record under Poch. He is talking about something deeper.

If I had to guess it is player power. He came in and tried to do it his way and after a year the players pushed back on his methods and then the chairman got involved and backed them. He's now having a dig at both parties and calling them losers.

Whereas, we believe he could have taken us to a new level of winning if he could have just evolved as a leader and communicator and catch up with his football philosophy. After all, there is a great coach in there.

Thinking carefully about what you wrote muttley, I am inclined to agree.
Player Power yes, but more in bloody hell we don't want to play like that, simple. Could the dressing room be lost?
DL backing players, probably correct because they are assets.
So for me JM coming out with what he said is "the sloping shoulders syndrome", blame everybody else but himself, have a peak in the mirror JM.

What does this mean?

Matthew Syed has written an article comparing Jose to Donald Trump and makes reference to this quote.

In essence he argues that both Trump and Jose can be great people to be around when things are going well but when things are going less well their vanity prevents them from looking at themselves and instead they start looking for scapegoats.

In reference to your quote above Syed says "After Sunday’s defeat he turned on his dressing room in particularly savage fashion. They are a superb squad, on whom Mourinho has lavished tens of millions of pounds, and yet he claims that they exhibit endemic problems of a quite ruinous kind. “For a long, long, long, long time we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve by myself as a coach,” he said. In other words, anything that is bad about Spurs predated my arrival. And, by implication, anything good that happens now is solely attributable to my genius."

Syed goes on to say:

"In this sense, he is a rather tragic figure, moving from club to club, living on past glories, hoping that the next chairman will forget that his main source of income these days comes from payoffs for contract termination (now running into tens of millions of pounds). The Special One has become The Severance One.

I suspect that the Spurs players, many of whom are excellent professionals, will keep battling for the club. It would be extraordinary if their form did not recover in the coming weeks. But the medium-term risk is that key players such as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min will seek to escape from a head coach who is holding yet another club back. This would be immensely damaging to Spurs, forcing them into another costly rebuild, although hopefully under a more enlightened manager, such as Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers."

These latest comments are the final straw for me and he should be sacked but I just dont see Levy doing it because Jose probably caveated his contract.
I've said it before that if Joses remit was to win something then all he has to do is win the Caraboa Cup in April and its job done. Him saying he believes he will go down in Spurs history for something good could well be lifting the league cup. Therefore this is a correct statement. The first manager to win something since 2008 and another trophy on his CV of winning something everywhere he has been. All he has to do is navigate a one off final against City to tick the box and say well I did what you told me to do.
It doesnt matter that he is being out-managed in nearly every single premiership game. Win that one off game, a game that wont be at the forefront of Citys thinking and he has given Harry the trophy he and the fans crave.

Sorry if I sound cynical but I really wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of contract that Levy agreed to and it is probably loaded in Joses favour should Levy pull the trigger.
We should be challenging for every trophy not just a top 4 place. Hell we are going to stuggle to get a Europa league spot or even top London Club at this rate.

We sacked Poch because performances had dropped and we were at the wrong end of the table.
Big Fat Frank was binned ruthlessly by the Chavs because of results.

We want to be one of the elite but we are a complete laughing stock. The amount of Memes I am receiving from Hammers fans is embarrassing.
ENIC needs to act and fast or sell it to someone who will make changes.

I haven't even got onto Mourinho's man management and tactic buts its OK we might win the Caraboa Cup.!!!!

Matthew Syed has written an article comparing Jose to Donald Trump and makes reference to this quote.

In essence he argues that both Trump and Jose can be great people to be around when things are going well but when things are going less well their vanity prevents them from looking at themselves and instead they start looking for scapegoats.

In reference to your quote above Syed says "After Sunday’s defeat he turned on his dressing room in particularly savage fashion. They are a superb squad, on whom Mourinho has lavished tens of millions of pounds, and yet he claims that they exhibit endemic problems of a quite ruinous kind. “For a long, long, long, long time we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve by myself as a coach,” he said. In other words, anything that is bad about Spurs predated my arrival. And, by implication, anything good that happens now is solely attributable to my genius."

Syed goes on to say:

"In this sense, he is a rather tragic figure, moving from club to club, living on past glories, hoping that the next chairman will forget that his main source of income these days comes from payoffs for contract termination (now running into tens of millions of pounds). The Special One has become The Severance One.

I suspect that the Spurs players, many of whom are excellent professionals, will keep battling for the club. It would be extraordinary if their form did not recover in the coming weeks. But the medium-term risk is that key players such as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min will seek to escape from a head coach who is holding yet another club back. This would be immensely damaging to Spurs, forcing them into another costly rebuild, although hopefully under a more enlightened manager, such as Leicester City’s Brendan Rodgers."
I am no psychologist but has occurred to me over quite a while that this man is like Trump and is a complete and utter narcissist. This article whilst not providing that description is seriously accurate.

Last edited: