Starting XI v Swindon Town? | Vital Football

Starting XI v Swindon Town?

Palmer
Poole Montsma Jackson Bramhall
McGrandles Jones Grant
Johnson Hopper Rogers
Worried we are lacking natural goalscorers though. Time for someone to dip their bread against Swindon. Good game for the new full backs to bed in.

Very little wriggle room so far as the forward players go when looking to rest people.

Palmer
Eyoma Montsma Jackson Edun
Jones Sanders McGrandles
Rogers Hopper Grant

Subs

Long
Poole
Bramhall
Howarth
Johnson
Roughan
Archibald?

Unavailable

Walsh
Bridcutt
Anderson
Scully
Morton
Archibald?

I think potentially we are down to just 16 fit players for this game, with possibly no Grant, Jackson and Scully

Last edited:
Allowing for injuries I think it will be

Palmer
Poole
Eyoma
Montsma
Edun
Saunders
McGrandles
Jones
Rogers
Hopper
Johnson

That leaves a bench of
Long
Bramell
Archibald
Howarth
Roughan

That's a very weak bench, by our standards. Not much by way of impact subs. Fingers crossed Jackson and Grant are fit.

That's a very weak bench, by our standards. Not much by way of impact subs. Fingers crossed Jackson and Grant are fit.
Would you risk starting Grant / Jackson ahead of Plymouth on Sat? We have another 4 2 game weeks before we get a 7 day rest so it might be a case of carefully managing workload until we get everyone back

I agree - get Grant and Jackson fit for Saturday.

Palmer
Eyoma, Montsma, Roughan, Edun
Saunders, McGrandles, Jones
Rogers, Hopper. Scully (if fit) or Johnson

He revealed Hayden Cann, Ben Sault and Freddie Draper could be in the squad, but stressed that none of the academy are 'anywhere near ready for the first team'... but needs must and all that. Archibald should be on the bench, but is only fit enough for 20-30 mins.

You can see how injuries can disrupt teams seeing how Liverpool are doing. Also apparently having a big effect on Dancing on Ice.......

Palmer
TJ, Montsma, Jackson, Edun
McGrandles, Sanders, Jones
Grant
Hopper, Rogers

Subs: Long, Johnson, Bramall, Poole, Howarth, Archibald

Palmer
Poole Monstma Jackson Bramall
McGrandles Grant Jones
Johnson Hopper Rodgers

That's what I think it will be, not necessarily what i would pick but then I've got no reason to suggest what I would pick would do any better.

Hopefully Morton is available for the bench after the Plymouth game.