Our Fishy Friends | Page 20 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Shall I mention on The Fishy that the Board have invested £800k - the biggest single investment in our entire history?

What do Brendan Bradley, The Electric Banana, Secondimp and Imp69 think, what with you all being paragons of virtue and all that? :halo::hmmm:

Wouldn't want to embarrass our fanbase again now would I?

Shall I mention on The Fishy that the Board have invested £800k - the biggest single investment in our entire history?

What do Brendan Bradley, The Electric Banana, Secondimp and Imp69 think, what with you all being paragons of virtue and all that? :halo::hmmm:

Wouldn't want to embarrass our fanbase again now would I?

Well of course you can do what you like and you shouldn't look to others for vindication or justification for your own actions but think of it this way.

How would you react if we were bottom of the league and in their situation and the Codheads were flying high at the top of League 1 with an unprecedented following, a great board of directors, a great manager, unprecedented success over the last 5 years and the very real possibility of there being 3 divisions between the 2 clubs for the first time in history and a Codhead came on here and said that.

Lose with grace and win with class, sometimes saying nothing says everything.

Well of course you can do what you like and you shouldn't look to others for vindication or justification for your own actions but think of it this way.

How would you react if we were bottom of the league and in their situation and the Codheads were flying high at the top of League 1 with an unprecedented following, a great board of directors, a great manager, unprecedented success over the last 5 years and the very real possibility of there being 3 divisions between the 2 clubs for the first time in history and a Codhead came on here and said that.

Lose with grace and win with class, sometimes saying nothing says everything.

Yeah but, yeah but .... we are not their rivals remember? Only the Sheffield clubs matter to them, oh and bullying Scunthorpe of course, so the likelihood of that happening is minimal.

They on the other hand? :unsure:

Don't upset them Norfolk, after extensive scouring they've found an obscure website that put the atmosphere at BP better than SB during our L2 promotion season.

Allow them their crumb of comfort to cling to, although I personally prefer the objectivity of the league tables.

Don't upset them Norfolk, after extensive scouring they've found an obscure website that put the atmosphere at BP better than SB during our L2 promotion season.

Allow them their crumb of comfort to cling to, although I personally prefer the objectivity of the league tables.

I agree Hully .... yes I did see that thread, even the older Cods thought it was utter tosh ... maybe back when the Barratt Stand was bursting, or when Stoke caused mischief, even our game there in 89' when Gilbert netted a penalty winner deserve a mention ... but nothing else this century.

I don't really understand why they are doing so badly. They've hardly lost a game by more than one goal. Everything points to a big lack of self belief. I'm sure Holker Street with fans in would have been a bit of a fortress for them.

I don't really understand why they are doing so badly. They've hardly lost a game by more than one goal. Everything points to a big lack of self belief. I'm sure Holker Street with fans in would have been a bit of a fortress for them.
Their goal difference is very respectable, and substantially better than Grimsby and Southend, so they should be further up the table really. A bit of an anomaly, but if they continue to keep it tight at the back they could grind out enough draws and 1-0wins to stay up. I hope so.

Read for the first time some of the stuff on Fishy about their opinions on us ! Was surprised how many entries were complimentary about our progress and wish it was them of course ! A lot of realistic two eyed opinions. I dont want to see them go down but all the signs are that they will

I really hope Barrow stay up, for their supporters sake especially.

When they were relegated back in 72' and replaced by Hereford they didn't even finish bottom (Stockport & Crewe beneath them). So for their 1 season back and for Covid to prevent fans seeing them play is doubly cruel.

I.thought once ian evatt left they would struggle shame really

I knew the Cods form was not great, however I did not realise how bad it really was - just two solitary points in 9 games! Thier last point was 4 games back at home against fellow strugglers Southend. They have enough of the season left to salvage something, but time is starting to ebb away for them.

The mammoth thread on the Fishy about the NL going bump, brings a new defination to terms illogical and nettle grasping.