Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 70 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

I read something earlier that made me laugh and is incredibly true. I can't take credit for anything other than sharing it.

Daniel Levy was obsessed with getting Mourinho for years. He is that guy who was besotted with the most popular girl in high school and one day manages to get a date with her but he's too hung up on his image of her as the high school beauty that he hasn't realised she's aged into a washed up, baggy fanny tramp with a devil tattoo, a pack of Rothmans and a string of kids to a bunch of absent dads.

Jose's narrative was "let's wait and see at the end of the season when every team has played each other twice". He clearly knew we had Arsenal (a), Utd (h) and Leicester (a) as the 3 toughest league games left. He clearly tried to buy himself some time. At the time he said this, we were 4 points from 4th.

Now we'll see how the narrative changes as we sit 9 points from 4th. He has to beat Burnley, Fulham and Palace otherwise he might not even make the cup final.

Up to the NLD there is City vs West Ham, Leicester vs Arsenal, Chelsea vs Utd, Liverpool vs Chelsea, City vs Utd and Everton vs Chelsea. We have to claw something back by then.

80 posted his after match comments yesterday , when he said that his , and those of his coaching staff, methods are second to nobody in the world .

How does that compare to his comments before the Marine game .

“ if they lose this ., it’s their fault ,, if we lose in the Premier League , it’s my fault . “

also ., “there are problems with the squad that I can’t fix “. ... or words to that effect.

comments are not adding up here .
Taxis are on standby

His comments after the game were the first signs of him unravelling. He's quite freely thrown individual players under the bus since he arrived but yesterday he threw ALL the players under it. He entered self-preservation mode and that is normally the start of the end for him.

The squad has issues, sure, but there are FAR worse squads in the PL that look like better teams than us this season. Everton have lost the same amount of games as us but when I look at them I see a team that have a style, have a plan and know what their roles are. With us, we have no style, if we have a plan the players are either all ignoring or it just isnt working and there are still too many players who look lost in games. There are no patterns to our attacks, there is very little cohesion, there are players who play shit, but are undroppable, and then there are players who play well but still find themselves subbed at half time or can't buy a start in the next game.

It might be worth a look at our subs today.

Lamela was on a yellow and probably would have been subbed around 60 minutes anyway.
Bale was the right replacement and played well.
Tanganga was not getting forward so the Doherty change makes sense, unfortunately it back fired very early on.
Dele for Reggie was last ditch to try and at least get a point.
Team selection wise, Sanchez was a surprise. Toby may have prevented both goals with his experience ?
Maybe Reggie should have been eased in second half, he was bound to be rusty.
Sorry Nick, bound to be rusty, what after 2 weeks, mmm not sure about that.

I heard JM say...quote..."there are problems in the team! that I cannot fix" um!, he is the coach for gods sake! should we be reading between the lines here, what do you all think?

To be brutally honest, under JM we are crap, no matter what each of our opinions of the players are, every bloody game I watch, as Matic said some have worse squads than us, the main thing I really see is the other teams players want to and believe in the play of their manager/coach, our players simply do not it stands out a mile.

We definitely need to take a step back before we can move forward. I thought the same after Poch's sacking and it's why I thought Mourinho was a bad choice to begin with. It's why I think someone like Rodger's would be a bad move (not sure why he would want to come to us atm anyway) and why I think Rafa would be a risk as a long term hire also.

We someone to make better footballing decisions for Levy. If that is a return to DoF or some weird 'Head of Footballing Strategy' position, I have no idea.

We definitely need to take a step back before we can move forward. I thought the same after Poch's sacking and it's why I thought Mourinho was a bad choice to begin with. It's why I think someone like Rodger's would be a bad move (not sure why he would want to come to us atm anyway) and why I think Rafa would be a risk as a long term hire also.

We someone to make better footballing decisions for Levy. If that is a return to DoF or some weird 'Head of Footballing Strategy' position, I have no idea.

Been saying this for years. I think Levy has too many roles in the setup. He needs to hire some specialization that he hasn't got naturally and part of doing that would be finally admitting football is not in his DNA. He should focus his own role on the few things that he is very good at.

By switching out Jose, we could easily enter the same cycle again.

Been saying this for years. I think Levy has too many roles in the setup. He needs to hire some specialization that he hasn't got naturally and part of doing that would be finally admitting football is not in his DNA. He should focus his own role on the few things that he is very good at.

By switching out Jose, we could easily enter the same cycle again.
Would someone like Glenn Hoddle be a good candidate for that type of role.

Agreed. Why would Rodgers ever leave Leicester for Tottenham? They know how to win. We don't. If Jose can't show us how to win it makes you wonder.

Agreed. Why would Rodgers ever leave Leicester for Tottenham? They know how to win. We don't. If Jose can't show us how to win it makes you wonder.

So harsh but so fair.

Each and every time LCFC loses a player (Kante, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell etc) they just keep on going as a club. We do need a manager with that mentality who will invest in up-and-coming kids. That is who we are as a club right now.

So harsh but so fair.

Each and every time LCFC loses a player (Kante, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell etc) they just keep on going as a club. We do need a manager with that mentality who will invest in up-and-coming kids. That is who we are as a club right now.

It comes back to consistency. We whipsaw the squad by hiring managers so different each time.

A DoF with a clear mandate, long term, and we get the consistency we need.

“The squad has issues, sure, but there are FAR worse squads in the PL that look like better teams than us this season.”

The sentence that says it all .
In a nutshell . Brilliant Matic

His comments after the game were the first signs of him unravelling. He's quite freely thrown individual players under the bus since he arrived but yesterday he threw ALL the players under it. He entered self-preservation mode and that is normally the start of the end for him.

The squad has issues, sure, but there are FAR worse squads in the PL that look like better teams than us this season. Everton have lost the same amount of games as us but when I look at them I see a team that have a style, have a plan and know what their roles are. With us, we have no style, if we have a plan the players are either all ignoring or it just isnt working and there are still too many players who look lost in games. There are no patterns to our attacks, there is very little cohesion, there are players who play shit, but are undroppable, and then there are players who play well but still find themselves subbed at half time or can't buy a start in the next game.

Is this really Mourinho's fault?

There is a strong possibility he is the right guy in the wrong job.

Also, for Mourinho to say there are problems he can't fix right after Pochettino said Spurs need to operate in a different way is very telling.

Think big picture. Changing the manager isn't going to solve much of anything.