Wilder lost dressing room | Vital Football

Wilder lost dressing room

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
cause that lot arnt playing for him thats plain to see. in the week he wa saying they were this that and the other and need to look at them selfs,then they put that performance in. fuckin very worrying

Totally agree. The rot started back end of last season. The owner has to brave now. No chance next season with this shower.

What are Burke and Osborn thinking right now after not being able to get game time ahead of that shite ?

I won't go as far to say he's lost the players but there must be a lot of lads questioning his management and regretting they ever signed.

Somats not right people are saying the desire and effort are there well I’m sorry I’m not seeing any desire that was a game WE HAD TO WIN to stand any chance and we sat back like we were playing Man City that’s not showing desire to me we chased shadows until they scored deservedly so regardless of the shitshow that allowed it at least they were trying to win it and yes we should have had a pen but that would have papered over the vast chasms they aren’t cracks

cause that lot arnt playing for him thats plain to see. in the week he wa saying they were this that and the other and need to look at them selfs,then they put that performance in. fuckin very worrying
So what’s his besty reckon?

He has certainly lost something.
The way it is going I am not sure he is going to find it again.
I don’t hold a lot of hope out for next season. I don’t think we are going to be in a position to emulate Norwich.

Before lockdown, I posted that Wilder was sneering at interviewers, wandering about with a face like he was chewing a wasp

I don't know what had happened, but I knew at the time it spelt bad news on the horizon

Typical Sheffield United, if it's good , ruin it

What are Burke and Osborn thinking right now after not being able to get game time ahead of that shite ?

I won't go as far to say he's lost the players but there must be a lot of lads questioning his management and regretting they ever signed.

I think Burke's too quick, and Osborn's too much of a smarty boy for Wilder to consider them as serious options in his team.

baldock had a right go at him with back up of didzy burke and stevens apparently it lead to a few lads falling out. but only rumours ?

That's is good to hear rather than the cynical 'he's lost it'
The very fact that players are 'having a go' says that they are not happy with what CW is doing.

That could just as easily, if not more readily, be interpreted as 'lost it' as well as it being positive criticism.

After all, if he's got it right, why are they criticising in the 1st place?

Can anybody explain to me why McBurnie & Brewster did so well for Swansea,
and what was it that made us buy them, what was the thinking?

Can anybody explain to me why McBurnie & Brewster did so well for Swansea,
and what was it that made us buy them, what was the thinking?
They are a front foot forward playing g team. This season our midfield and wingbacks cut back and have stopped playing early balls. The opposition are then behind the ball and our strikers are marked. Having said that McBurnie is not Premiership standard.

Amazing that having spent £40m+ on McBurnie and Brewster, and effectively being relegated, there is ZERO sign of Wilder playing them together to try and develop a partnership for next season.

Even Burke is never playing.

Let's just carry on with the future of the club - Billy Sharp.

Just listened to his interview, he is in denial regarding the performance.

It was a penalty, no doubt and we could have come away 1-1 but it still would have been a poor performance with poor team selection, persisting with a system that is not working and unidentifiable tactics.

Has he lost the dressing room, no idea, the body language of the players yesterday was not good, it said to me they did not believe in the game plan which is a huge problem.

Fulham, particularly on yesterdays performance, are not a team to be feared, yet he talked them up like Barcelona.

A strange interview with an interviewer that was feeding him lines, particularly liked the bit about proper football people knowing what was going on indicating that any dissenters were all complete fucking idiots.

The ramble about Wrexham away was a bit bizarre too.

If he stays next season, he desperately needs help behind the scenes, its been crying out for a change of system for months and no one has been able to convince him of that if they even tried. He needs a coach/assistant manager with more experience

We need a scouting system, our recruitment,, well enough said.

If he is willing to change, give him a go, Wilder has been innovative and brilliant for 3 years, but a good coach will roll with the times and have a different way to him when plan A is not working, we have not seen that.

So long winded, if he's not willing to change get rid, if he is capable of accepting full responsibility and can come up with new ideas give him another go. and FFS 4-4-2 until we get JOC back at least.

The JOC question is very interesting. CLearly we'd spent the budgets by the time JOC was injured, but without a clear replacement, why did we even try 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2. It just left us no left side...

The JOC question is very interesting. CLearly we'd spent the budgets by the time JOC was injured, but without a clear replacement, why did we even try 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2. It just left us no left side...
I think that's where stubborn intransigence comes in.

Like all such qualites, admirable when working, increasingly bizarre when not.

Of all those admirable qualities that have seen CW get him to where he is, with SUFC being the beneficiaries, this one seems to be both his Achilles heel and blind spot and becomes more concerning result by result particularly when contemplating his, and our, future.

Can he change, does he want to change, will he change? The evidence this season points to the answer being 'No'.
The solution points to it needing to be 'Yes'.
He/we have a dilemna. It may well work again , as gloriously is it did before, in the Champ but what happens when/if we get back PL?

Surely he will have learnt? Surely part of the learning curve will be having a viable, tested Plan B.

As his employer how does the Prince interfere to tell the footballing man in charge he wants to see alternatives, a benefit from the last experience to ensure we don't make the same mistakes?
If he does CW could see it as interfering. If he doesn't the prince is guilty of not learning from experience.
As I said , a dilemna.

I’m still 100% convinced Chris and Alan are the team for the job. They worked wonders to get us in the premier league by playing great football There isn’t another management team that could have done the same with the same budget With three free transfers in the starting 11 most weeks. Would be a very grave mistake if we lose them. I would like to thank them here and now for giving me some of the most enjoyable times as a Blade. Many Thanks Chris and Alan👍👍