Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 35 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

To win that given all the injuries, conditions, ref and quality of performance of the opposition really makes you think it could be our year.

Think Sunderland are a bigger threat than the rest of the top 6 barring Peterborough.
i agree on that. Sunderland look like they are getting some consistency together. we have a 9 point head start on them, I think they will close that gap, but wont catch us.

Swindon coming up next. they sneeked a 2-1 win at home to Crewe today, with just 32% possession. own goal and a last minute winner.

This league is up & down. One team in form for a month & then bosh. Donny, Hull, Pompey and next ..................... Posh & Becks! The only consistent has been us !! Yes thrown a way a few points and we just do not quite create enough. However, its grind it out time.

If we can & its an if we win 5 of our next 7 I think you will find we will have a decent lead. At that point I will expect Sundershite to have exploded after a good run. Its about being the most consistent team and to date the Imps have been that!!

There are no easy games, particularly this season. We just need to keep our head down and plough through. But, am concerned about the back today, so much space for Wigan to exploit - against a better team, we would have lost. Still... a tired squad, depleted by injuries, playing in difficult conditions, won through - well done lads!

Great day to win , not bothered whether we were lucky or not, unlucky against Donny these things even themselves out, the others mostly had a bad day and you have to make the most of it which we did. Drag themselves onto Tuesday and another fighting display and hopefully come out on the right side of a result.
UTI.

We were bloody awful , a performance not helped by squad injuries, the pitch and wind. We appear to be running on empty. However Johnson and Rogers have been terrible in these conditions and lets hope Scully and Anderson are back soon. I am not sure how we didn't lose but form on the pitch is a concern. Could do with four cancelled games so the grass grows a bit!!
what was terrible about rogers' performance today?

There are no easy games, particularly this season. We just need to keep our head down and plough through. But, am concerned about the back today, so much space for Wigan to exploit - against a better team, we would have lost. Still... a tired squad, depleted by injuries, playing in difficult conditions, won through - well done lads!

Miss Bridcutt don’t we? Especially when we’re not playing well. Hopefully Sanders can get up to speed as he looks like the most likely replacement.

Maybe against a better team our defence (and midfield cover) might have raised their game and played better. It is strange how quite often you play worse against (on paper) lesser opponents.

Good win today, can't believe fans think these teams will lay down on us. at only 2 - 1 up of course we'll struggle the opponents will keep coming at us, that's why it's so hard to get promoted out of this division.