Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

Wigan's defence doesn't look very good at defending, need to put them under more pressure.

Playing into the wind will effect Wigan's direct game.

Need to kick on and win this.

Thought Poole had a decent half, apart from the poor ball to Grant which led to their goal.

I don’t like to criticise referees as I think they have a tough job, but Kettle had an awful half.

Kettle is an embarrassment. He's not had an impact on the game (yet) but he looks a mess, his fitness is a joke. He's reffing it from the centre circle as if he were one of the dads at a Sunday league kids game.

A fair scoreline at half time.

I suspect their goal wouldn't have happened if Bridcutt had been playing.

Rogers and Johnson both disappointing.

Wigan defence doesn't look convincing - our goal happened when a defender and the goalkeeper ran into each other. Let's hope we can put some pressure on themin the second half.

A fair scoreline at half time.

I suspect their goal wouldn't have happened if Bridcutt had been playing.

Rogers and Johnson both disappointing.

Wigan defence doesn't look convincing - our goal happened when a defender and the goalkeeper ran into each other. Let's hope we can put some pressure on themin the second half.
Good summary.

Thought Poole had a decent half, apart from the poor ball to Grant which led to their goal.

I don’t like to criticise referees as I think they have a tough job, but Kettle had an awful half.
I thought Grant was fouled, but unless it can be classed as assault Kettle isn’t going to give it

Kettle is an embarrassment. He's not had an impact on the game (yet) but he looks a mess, his fitness is a joke. He's reffing it from the centre circle as if he were one of the dads at a Sunday league kids game.
Noticed the way he held up a restart so he could wheeze his way back to the centre circle.

We’ve looked dangerous when Rogers/Johnson get it on the half turn in the middle of the pitch. Need to work out how to get them into that position more as we only did it twice first half.