Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

As much as I get jittery looking at the table and how close the pack are behind us following a recent return of only 5 points from 12, we haven't actually lost much ground on our competitors over the last 5 games. We have 8 points from 15 (just over 2 points per game) which is,
Can I just check in that 8 points from 5 games in not over 2 points a game!

Afternoon all. Hope everyone is in fine fettle.
Just thinking that it's exactly 52 weeks since I've been to a match in person with the Gillingham home game last February (family commitment for the Burton match)
Longest time since I started going in 76.

Today is one of those should win games, but we know how often that dosen't work out as planned so we have to be on our game. Early goal for us should settle us down nicely

Pre-match entertainment is provided by our fishy friends, who are away to promotion-chasing Exeter. Just kicked off a couple of minutes ago.

Ah balls, waterlogged pitch delays the pleasure!

Didn’t ma say hopper was the one running on empty on Wednesday... so he might be the one to be finally rested. He has certainly earned it.

Didn’t ma say hopper was the one running on empty on Wednesday... so he might be the one to be finally rested. He has certainly earned it.
MA did, and Hopper would certainly deserve a rest. But he's the one outfield player in the squad without a direct replacement and our ball retention dropped badly after he was subbed on Wednesday.

Hopefully the sports science and physio guys will have been on the case.

Wigan are also showing that half decent players won't necessarily perform well if the Club are unstable and their future uncertain.

I look at Wigan's squad on Wednesday and see Tilt, Darikwa, Keane, Clough and Proctor and they're not a bottom four bad side IMO.

Davidimp posted this on the MApaper talk thread.

Michael Appleton not at the game for personal reasons apparently.

MA did, and Hopper would certainly deserve a rest. But he's the one outfield player in the squad without a direct replacement and our ball retention dropped badly after he was subbed on Wednesday.

Hopefully the sports science and physio guys will have been on the case.
The fact that he has no cover has been blindingly obvious since Morton’s injury about ten years ago ))) nevertheless, keep playing him when on empty raises the possibility of more severe injury. It is the ... rest for one game... or miss him for 4-6 weeks conundrum. is it worth the risk?
exactly the same situation that we had with habergham.

Davidimp posted this on the MApaper talk thread.

Michael Appleton not at the game for personal reasons apparently.

Has this been confirmed? Could have a big impact if true. He's been absent before though COVID though and we managed then I suppose.

Morning all, hoping our bouncebackability will be greater than Wigans today, despite a bit of tiredness and injuries creeping in.