Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 13 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

Let's hope they don't score 5 in one match against us!

I hope i could win the Euro lottery with the same formula,
and i would give the Club a few million to see us through a few more seasons,
this CLUB has given me a lot of pleasure over the last 50 years,
from the Non-League to the Premier League and Winning the FA Cup.

We have had the 'feast' and now having the 'famine',
other Clubs have gone through what we are at present and they have bounced back, some with the bulk of support from fan based money.

We have to face that the 'Whelan' days have gone and we have to start
from 'scratch' whatever that may be, but the name Wigan Athletic will
continue no matter what League we end up in.

Last edited:
Oh, I should point out ......reason I'm posting at this time is cos (if the evening couldn't get any worse) I'm outside waiting for the gas board to come cos the carbon monoxide detectors going off!!!!!

Oh, I should point out ......reason I'm posting at this time is cos (if the evening couldn't get any worse) I'm outside waiting for the gas board to come cos the carbon monoxide detectors going off!!!!!
Stay safe!, we need your sanity and reasoning at present on this site.

I think all the moaners on here should put themselves in the shoes of the Manager, his team and players. If you had to go into work daily and perform 100% when you see destitution all round you & read criticisms on social media - can you actually give your best? Anyone who have worked in a company which is in administration can tell you that it is very demoralising.
Please - if you want to criticize - do it with your friends/family - not on social media. We're all feeling down during and after the match - it may help to forget about it last night and think with a clear head the next day.

I think all the moaners on here should put themselves in the shoes of the Manager, his team and players. If you had to go into work daily and perform 100% when you see destitution all round you & read criticisms on social media - can you actually give your best? Anyone who have worked in a company which is in administration can tell you that it is very demoralising.
Please - if you want to criticize - do it with your friends/family - not on social media. We're all feeling down during and after the match - it may help to forget about it last night and think with a clear head the next day.

Garbage, people pay their money so they are entitled to an opinion good or bad.

Last night wasn't a one off the same stupid mistakes are happening nearly every game, the management team dont seem to be doing much about it either.

Win lose or draw all we want to see is a team that will battle their hearts out for 90 minutes, learn from their mistakes and not chuck the towel in when we go a goal down.

Its about time Richardson and co started to dish out a few home truths to the players instead of coming out with bullshit excuses.

If that's the case, we may as well shut down this site!

Can you image Larry Lloyd managing this lot?
Good old Larry lloyd we were watching them train one dinner break at st John Fisher, a couple of my school mates started playing with one of the spare balls, he was fine with it at first until one of us booted the ball in to their training area. Larry turned round and told us all to "Right you little s*ds time to F**k off" Legend

Good old Larry lloyd we were watching them train one dinner break at st John Fisher, a couple of my school mates started playing with one of the spare balls, he was fine with it at first until one of us booted the ball in to their training area. Larry turned round and told us all to "Right you little s*ds time to F**k off" Legend
I remember one match, when one of the away supporters were giving him loads of insults (Before Segregation) and Larry jumped over the the fence,
the fan soon ran away, this was years before Cantona.

Burn out - FFS what a pile of crap comment that is - get them on the pitch we're in crisis up to our neck in brown stuff - I used to play 3 games in a weekend at their age never mind 2 a week - honestly lost for words

There is an argument for 'burn out' if you've had young lads starting lots of games over a prolonged period of time. But in this instance i think Asgaard and Robinson only started the 2 previous games. Prior to that Robinson had hardly played a minute of league football and Assgaard was largely a late sub.

If they are burnt out after 2 starts there is something wrong with the coaching / fitness levels. If they were carrying knocks then it's understandable, but burn out is not a reasonable excuse to not start them after such limited game time prior to their rest.

It’s not rocket science to organise a team to defend Look what sol Campbell did with Macclesfield now if he could do that with them some one must be able to do that for us before it’s to late
I've said it before,
look what Coleman has done at Accy with very little money to spend.

Please - if you want to criticize - do it with your friends/family - not on social media.

Are you classing this site as social media NZFC? If not, then fine, but if yes, then I disagree. This kind of forum is exactly the kind of place where fans should get stuff off their chest, rather than tagging in players on twitter or FB.

The only issues I have with the moaning and criticism is the generalisation and the absence of context.

If I were Chris Merrie, I'd be mightily pissed off about the comments regarding a lack of effort last night. Why tar everyone with the same brush?