Coronavirus | Page 108 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

My joy at getting the vaccine may be short lived lol . Got a cancer scan this Tuesday , a delayed scan to see if the big C has returned . If it has i shall be making noises about the delay cancer patients are receiving .

Hope things go ok. Best wishes

Many of you not in Lincoln so probably won’t see Lincoln now has one of the lowest infection rates in the country. Not sure what’s behind that

My parents had their first vaccinations last week and were very complimentary over how very well organised they were at Lincs Showground. Second not due until the end of April though which is a slight concern when you consider how often this government changes tact.
No after affects either. In fact the only person I know of who had an affect of any description was my wife's uncle, and all he said was that he felt very tired for about 48 hours after it.
I really don't get anyone objecting to having it (unless other required medication and doctors advice applies of course)

Even if vaccine is not completely as effective as initial claims (and of course it might prove more effective too), it can only help prevent covid or at worst reduce its harm, and 100% most crucially reduce its harm to less than fatal.

Even if vaccine is not completely as effective as initial claims (and of course it might prove more effective too), it can only help prevent covid or at worst reduce its harm, and 100% most crucially reduce its harm to less than fatal.

totally agree . no vaccine is 100pc , as i mentioned before , during my time at BA if had a few vaccines , non 100pc . just get everyone done and lets get on with living , not existing

So next thing to get totally cocked up is quarantine hotels.
For starters, they announce a start date of Feb 15th, quite a lot of days after the new rules are announced. Now, pretty much all hotels are nearly or totally empty.
Anyone can usually book into a hotel which has rooms without any notice, let alone 2 to 3 weeks notice.
I immediately suspected that another dodgy multi million contract must be in the offing, explaining the otherwise unexplainable delay.

Anyway, a "website" finally emerges today albeit briefly. Said website is for those flying in (from an obscure list of countries), to log into and themselves book rooms for their quarantining.
Now for a single person, for 10 days the cost is a whopping £1750 rising to £2400 for a couple!
One of the hotels I found out is an Ibis Styles one. I've stayed in Ibis ones a few times. Might expect to pay maybe £40 to £60, if up to £80 would start to think that's getting a bit pricey.
So £240 a night??
Someone is making a fair chunk of profit here.
And airports available is another puzzle. Only five including Farnborough airfield !
No Luton or Stansted, no Manchester or anything in the north.

No information on who is being paid for running this website or getting the money being charged or why such a convoluted system is being used at all (hence the strong suspicion that this can only be another pile of cash for the latest Tory beneficiary).

Surely it would have been straightforward to block book airport hotels and just bus all arrivals straight to them??

And why the weird list of countries? They must cover only a very small portion of international travellers. It should be all visitors from anywhere, and of course should have been done 11 months ago.

I believe it is actually 11 nights, the government are paying £30 per person per night for the hotel and £20 per person for food, so whoever is arranging a taxi from the airport and two PCR tests is making a pretty good profit, and that includes the security guard, Now at a guess it's just the kind of thing G4S or Serco would be sniffing around at, who would have thought. Farnborough Airfield is where a lot of private jets come in, again who would have thought. It will be interesting as ever to see the public information as to the bidding for these contracts!

I believe it is actually 11 nights, the government are paying £30 per person per night for the hotel and £20 per person for food, so whoever is arranging a taxi from the airport and two PCR tests is making a pretty good profit, and that includes the security guard, Now at a guess it's just the kind of thing G4S or Serco would be sniffing around at, who would have thought. Farnborough Airfield is where a lot of private jets come in, again who would have thought. It will be interesting as ever to see the public information as to the bidding for these contracts!

Well if Government are adding in that amount per person per night, then the average cost for a couple is then at £340 per night, so who is getting that?
These hotels certainly don't cost anywhere even close to that much for normal guests.
Appreciate they'll have extra costs for cleaning etc, but those cleaners will be getting the crappiest rate going.
So, whatever contractor has been given this "tender" (new definition of tender under this Government!) is making a huge amount.

These lockdown breakers really do have blood on their hands. A £200 fine in exchange for a probable life in a wheelchair.
No word of a lie, I would have left them there to fix the problem of their own selfish making. Cock-wombles doesn't even come close.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-56081225

No idea what the poor rescuer might want to do next, and he has a huge amount of life changes to face now, from being a superfit mountaineer one day, to a life of paralysis the next, all thanks to two utter *******, but maybe there is a route he could take, if he could face doing so, and that is a civil suit against them. He will now have massive costs to deal with, both changing everything in his life to his new needs, and then the ongoing costs for the rest of his life.
There may or may not be insurance through his role that could cover some of this, but frankly the pair of morons should also be stumping up a very large amount too.

Oh and as an aside, it always irks me that mountain rescue (and lifeboats too) have to do all their own fundraising and rely on volunteers. They should be properly funded out of taxation like all the other emergency services are.

My wife and I were having an amused chat this morning about the topic of conversation at the moment among people of our age. It isn't about the weather, holidays, the buses etc its about if or when you're going for your jab!!

No idea what the poor rescuer might want to do next, and he has a huge amount of life changes to face now, from being a superfit mountaineer one day, to a life of paralysis the next, all thanks to two utter *******, but maybe there is a route he could take, if he could face doing so, and that is a civil suit against them. He will now have massive costs to deal with, both changing everything in his life to his new needs, and then the ongoing costs for the rest of his life.
There may or may not be insurance through his role that could cover some of this, but frankly the pair of morons should also be stumping up a very large amount too.

Oh and as an aside, it always irks me that mountain rescue (and lifeboats too) have to do all their own fundraising and rely on volunteers. They should be properly funded out of taxation like all the other emergency services are.
Personally, confiscate their possessions, pass them to the poor bugger that risked his neck to save their worthless hides, and end the pair of them. The world would be a better place without such people.

Personally, confiscate their possessions, pass them to the poor bugger that risked his neck to save their worthless hides, and end the pair of them. The world would be a better place without such people.

What i find odd , or maybe im odd for thinking it , is that people highlighted in the press for breaking rules, and fined, are never named , or videos have faces blacked out . yet high profile persons are named .

These two clowns mentioned should be named , but i suppose some of us are all guilty in one way or another of flouting a rule or two , although not in such a serious manner .

What i find odd , or maybe im odd for thinking it , is that people highlighted in the press for breaking rules, and fined, are never named , or videos have faces blacked out . yet high profile persons are named .

These two clowns mentioned should be named , but i suppose some of us are all guilty in one way or another of flouting a rule or two , although not in such a serious manner .

Most of us might have gone through a shop's doors and realised we hadn't got our mask out of the pocket. It happens at times.

This pair had travelled up from the midlands (Leicester I think), camping gear etc, and set off up a mountain. They knew beyond any doubt that they were in major breach of rules (laws in fact) the moment they got in the car and set off from home.
Of course they would never have intended to paralyse a person for life, but their wilful law-breaking has done just that. A measly small fine does not even start to cover what they did.