Wigan 8 Hull 0 | Page 12 | Vital Football

Wigan 8 Hull 0

Moonay is not wrong, this team can stay up i have no doubt about that. But we cannot continue rolling over against teams who're not performing. As crap as Swindon are they lost 1-0 to hull recently and terrible Burton beat them 1-0. They have more fight in them then we do. Hull scored 1 in their past 5 and then put 5 past us, wimbledon scored 2 in 5 and then put 3 past us.

We play with too many players that don't cover distance, it really doesn't matter about that players ability anymore. If they do not contribute without the ball they shouldn't be involved. Quality is really lacking in this league, some of the teams near the top don't have players with much league 1 experience but they're work rate is excellent.

If we don't create chances with lazy players with some ability, whats the point in playing them in the first place.

The teams that are beating us are playing as a unit, we are like strangers
at times on the field, we have a patched up team, but they have been playing football long enough to do the basics, some look like they have never played football before and would struggle to get into a top Non-League Club.

Last edited:
If we don't get a buyer we are finished, we have been told there is enough money to finish this season, then what's the future, will we have to use the
crowdfunder money to start again in the Non-League?

If one of the multitude of potential buyers (not sure how many Begbies said last week) doesn't buy us, then there's still the SC Plan B option. Not long term maybe, but supported by other local investment (or maybe not so local), it gets us through the next couple of seasons.

We all don’t want that to happen This is what I think Maybe right or Maybe miles away but I think these lot will pas the Efl test then come back with a lower offer

You may well be right re the lower offer John. Who knows. What's more important is the longer term intention and commitment of any buyer. For a start, they need to know that there are no guarantees in this game. To take us up from where we are will take hard work, so if they're not up for that, then I'd prefer the SC option.

We all don’t want that to happen This is what I think Maybe right or Maybe miles away but I think these lot will pas the Efl test then come back with a lower offer

It would be heart-breaking if we end up like Bury & Macc,
but we need a buyer before this season ends, so we can have a clear-out and get the management and players in place ready for next season, as the present
set-up and the bulk of the players need to be shown the door.

If one of the multitude of potential buyers (not sure how many Begbies said last week) doesn't buy us, then there's still the SC Plan B option. Not long term maybe, but supported by other local investment (or maybe not so local), it gets us through the next couple of seasons.

You may well be right re the lower offer John. Who knows. What's more important is the longer term intention and commitment of any buyer. For a start, they need to know that there are no guarantees in this game. To take us up from where we are will take hard work, so if they're not up for that, then I'd prefer the SC option.

We are in an awful situation at present, moonay your optimism has been a
'beacon of hope' in these tough times, and i hope we can avoid relegation
and get a buyer and then you can say to us,
''i told you all, we had nothing to worry about''

We need to remember these times and remember the feelings. At some point we won't be as shit as we are right now and those better times (hopefully) will be set against what we are experiencing now. Things will be so much sweeter for our current plight.

It has happened before and whilst we may never reach the dizzy heights we did in the past, there is hope as long as the club survives.

Some of our fans have only ever experienced the good bits, and whilst we all hoped we could carry on being successful for many a year, it was never really feasible.

Remember the bad and you will enjoy the good so much more when this great club of ours rises again. Who knows, we may even make the play offs again one day.

One thing is for sure, being a Wigan fan is NEVER boring (or easy for that matter!).

As a 'long in tooth' supporter, i remember going to watch us play Skem.
Alty, Chorley, Buxton, Bangor City ect, home and away, we never thought
we would ever play in the Top League or Win the FA Cup, we was happy to get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and getting into the Football League.

Come home and help us out. Mr Graham Barrow saved us one before from non league football can he do it again
What has he actually acheived in the last god knows how many years?Last job at Wrexham the fans declared him a football dinosaur within the first three games and he barely lasted longer than that!And you say some on here know nothing about football!!!

I meant it with reference to playing minutes. I did clearly say that.

However, you're right ........the U23s might need to be the ones to win League 2 for us next season.
Hahahaha more likely the ones to try and keep us in L2.

Here's the EFL tweet by the way .......... complete with a (very appropriate) slap on the wrist.

Here's the EFL tweet by the way .......... complete with a (very appropriate) slap on the wrist.

Wasn’t as bad as I thought. I thought there was a little dig in there as well but if it’s just showing the two score lines I wouldn’t be too sensitive over that. It is pretty incredible to have such different score lines in the space of seven months

"Sweat the assets" ???

Forgive me, but ....................... Fuck me. Some manager of people you must be.

I get what you mean, but some on mate. These blokes see the young lads day in day out, with all the medical stats available to them nowadays. If they think that a rest is required, then as they know a bloody sight more than you and me, with respect, I'll trust their view.
And which non existent medical team and stats gurus would that be then ?

"Sweat the assets" ???

Forgive me, but ....................... Fuck me. Some manager of people you must be.
It's called "going the extra mile" in this case literally - to support and help the company you work for in times of great opportunity or great crisis.
If you are a motivational manager taking your team with you towards a goal this is redily achievable in both business as well as in sport.
To adopt this mentality for a 3 month period is what the club needs between now and seasons end.

Ps - Thanks for the offer but I will pass. Times are tough but not that tough 😁