Jan Transfer Window | Page 68 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Have any of you seen that story about Rafa Mir

One of the best strikers in La liga

Scored 9 goals in 18 games after he left us to get his team promotion and is banging them in the top flight in Spain

Has scored the same amount as Barcelona’s Antoine Griezmann and Atletico Madrid’s Joao Felix 9

We absolutely knacker forward players

Scored 9 goals in 18 games after he left us to get his team promotion and is banging them in the top flight in Spain

Has scored the same amount as Barcelona’s Antoine Griezmann and Atletico Madrid’s Joao Felix 9

Only 6 of those goals have come in the league, 3 of which were in one game.

He's also only scored in 1 of his last 14 league games, which was the hattrick mentioned above. He's failed to score in the other 13.

His other 3 goals came in the cup against a lower league team.

He's obviously doing better than he did for us (not surprising as he barely played for us) but he's hardly gone on to become a world beater as soon as he left us.

Only 6 of those goals have come in the league, 3 of which were in one game.

He's also only scored in 1 of his last 14 league games, which was the hattrick mentioned above. He's failed to score in the other 13.

His other 3 goals came in the cup against a lower league team.

He's obviously doing better than he did for us (not surprising as he barely played for us) but he's hardly gone on to become a world beater as soon as he left us.

Fair enough

But how many players have come to us with good histories and then are shite then leave and suddenly get better again

Theres been a few

Suppose most clubs could say that so i will concede to your very valid point 👍

Fair enough

But how many players have come to us with good histories and then are shite then leave and suddenly get better again

Theres been a few

Suppose most clubs could say that so i will concede to your very valid point 👍

Theres been a few players who have not got the chances they have deserved and we havent seen the best of them. At the same time, with the exception of perhaps Carz n Dias there's not many of them that have shown real quality in multiple games.
I thought Ioanou looked ok, thought Guererro looked ok, I think maybe if some of them were at another Championship club they would have had less immediate expectation and played themselves into the side over time

Just seen Jamie Vardy described as the best value for money signing ever.

I remember when he was linked with us, there were people saying that's far too expensive for a player coming from that level.

I had no opinion as I'd never seen him play, but one thing I know pretty much certain - if Vardy would have come here, he would have almost certainly have been a putrid, rancid, puerile pile of steaming dog shit and one of the worst value for money signings of all time and that would have been pretty much it for his career.

Just seen Jamie Vardy described as the best value for money signing ever.

I remember when he was linked with us, there were people saying that's far too expensive for a player coming from that level.

I had no opinion as I'd never seen him play, but one thing I know pretty much certain - if Vardy would have come here, he would have almost certainly have been a putrid, rancid, puerile pile of steaming dog shit and one of the worst value for money signings of all time and that would have been pretty much it for his career.
I honestly don't remember him ever being linked with anyone other than Leicester, let alone with us.

He was astonishingly expensive for a conference player at the time. Well over 1m.

Leicester's last few years have been a direct result of that one gamble paying off spectacularly. It's a one in 10,000 and they hit the jackpot. Right man, right club, right time. Anywhere else he went it would have been totally different

I do think that the January recruitment was excellent. It makes you realise how bad the summer recruitment was.
3 loans? one of them emergency 37 yr old and a kid playing instead of one of our kids. Hard to say thats excellent just not as awful

Quite a bit in media today about Forest loanees. Christie coming to end of contract and discussion as to if Forest will be interested in meeting his wage and contract demands or turn to loanees Lawrence-Gabriel who is getting good reviews and improving all the time at Blackpool or Jayson Richardson at FGR.

Also did Forest recall LB Danny Preston to have a look at him re first team.

Holding midfield has been highlighted by the improvement in Forest midfield with the arrival of Garner. Forest have two holding midfielders in McGuane and Fornah. McGuane is holding his own at Oxford and Fornah has been increasingly getting good reviews at Plymouth. Both hold that position single handidly where as Forest have two players in the position. Forest also have another potential star in the making in that position regularly playing for U23’s.

Johnson has been getting positive reviews at Lincoln and Swan is just finding his feet in L2.

Several players contracts are coming to an end or close to a last big payday and could possibly move on. This could make space for some younger squad players next season. Add these to established young players such as Mighten, Mbe Soh, Worrall, Yates and even McKenna. Surely players like Fred, Sow, Lolley Grabban will move on.

I honestly don't remember him ever being linked with anyone other than Leicester, let alone with us.

He was astonishingly expensive for a conference player at the time. Well over 1m.

Leicester's last few years have been a direct result of that one gamble paying off spectacularly. It's a one in 10,000 and they hit the jackpot. Right man, right club, right time. Anywhere else he went it would have been totally different

I dont know, they have bought and sold very well since they signed Vardy

They had a very good record for recruiting players when Steve Walsh was there as head of recruitment; he was credited with bring players like Kante and Mahrez to the Club.

They have not done too bad since Walsh left the Club signing players like Maguire, Maddison and Tielemans

Quite a bit in media today about Forest loanees. Christie coming to end of contract and discussion as to if Forest will be interested in meeting his wage and contract demands or turn to loanees Lawrence-Gabriel who is getting good reviews and improving all the time at Blackpool or Jayson Richardson at FGR.

Also did Forest recall LB Danny Preston to have a look at him re first team.

Holding midfield has been highlighted by the improvement in Forest midfield with the arrival of Garner. Forest have two holding midfielders in McGuane and Fornah. McGuane is holding his own at Oxford and Fornah has been increasingly getting good reviews at Plymouth. Both hold that position single handidly where as Forest have two players in the position. Forest also have another potential star in the making in that position regularly playing for U23’s.

Johnson has been getting positive reviews at Lincoln and Swan is just finding his feet in L2.

Several players contracts are coming to an end or close to a last big payday and could possibly move on. This could make space for some younger squad players next season. Add these to established young players such as Mighten, Mbe Soh, Worrall, Yates and even McKenna. Surely players like Fred, Sow, Lolley Grabban will move on.
We will need to move Arter, Sow, Bachirou for certain. I would sell Cafu, and Freeman, Christie loans will not be renewed hopefully.
I would like a year of Garner, and then the question is what to do with Krov and Knocks loans? Brennan, Fornah, and the 2 league 1 lads return. I would try and sign Knocks and Krov.

I personally think the dilemma is with Murray, Ameobi and Grabban. I would let all 3 go, and try and shift Bong and Jenks. We will need 2 strikers, a top winger, a starting CM and a RB for me if we can achieve the above

Would keep fig in if mckenna is going to be injured all the time. As vinnie jones once said it's the same ol players at the same clubs injured all the time.

No way would I make christie perm.

Sow posted about keep smiling a day after the window closed. He obviously wanted out never saw him play so many games running upto the transfer window . Normal service has resumed he hasn't been seen since.

I didn't realize Ribeiro was out of contract this summer. Seems no talk of extending him either, which leaves Bong, Ioannu who wants out, and Preston. Shocking situation again