Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread - Sun 21 Feb @ 2.05pm - Sky | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Thread - Sun 21 Feb @ 2.05pm - Sky

I keep reading that tactically we have been figured out yet we have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2 of the last 6 and sit 8th in the league form guide. I think there is an over reaction going on tbh. Have some actually forgotten what our premier league form has been like since 2011?.
Ermmm. Yes actually. Selective memory.

I keep reading that tactically we have been figured out yet we have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2 of the last 6 and sit 8th in the league form guide. I think there is an over reaction going on tbh. Have some actually forgotten what our premier league form has been like since 2011?.

For you , that is a very good point.

It is still ok to talk about recent form though, isn't it? Or do we always have to look back at how shite we've been for goodness knows how long?

This is a match thread, not the bigger picture thread, bigger picture, can we win this match? Yes, of course, as we have shown more times than I expected already this season. AND we seem to raise our game v the better teams (how bizarre that Leicester City are in that category now) ... but we have also had a few no shows - and maybe this will be the one to get us back on track and dreaming of the top 6.

Didn't expect it, but it is strange to be looking at points lost and being genuinely disappointed we aren't 4th or 5th right now!

I think we as in most of us have underestimated West Ham and Brighton, especially Brighton who have hardly lost since early season, they just don't win many.
Leicester are going to come and try and win so we have a chance, they are better than us and have a squad depth well above us but out best 11 is a match for most teams if they all play as a team and we have the Jack element that no other team has.
All depends on us getting Jack into the game and if he gets pinned to the left touchline, it's up to him and the coaching staff to just the tactics, move him central or to the right give him a totally free role or whatever it takes to get him on the ball..

Same with Watkins shift him about change things around, don't just plug away at some broken game plan for 75 minutes. If a player is as shite as Barkley was take him off at HT.
Act on what you are seeing

it's up to him and the coaching staff to just the tactics, move him central or to the right give him a totally free role or whatever it takes to get him on the ball..

When Jack figures this out for himself he’ll be one of the most dangerous players in world football. God knows the guy has the talent in his feet to achieve whatever he wants.

Simple. Don't play into their hands by going on all out attack. They are about the best counter attackers in the business. Play them at their own game; we have the defence to do it.

Keep it tight and don't let them in. If we draw 0-0 that's probably a good point. But it's always possible we can nick the odd goal or two.

I'd drop SJM and play Nakamba and Luiz, with Sanson further forwards in place of Barkley. Nothing to lose. With Elmo as RB not sure who I'd play in front of him.

Must admit I don't understand that either because for one I don't believe any team has a plan b they may tinker in the second half to stop certain players but that's it you never see any team totally transform a formation during a game.Also any manager who has any kind of eye sight will know they have to stop Jack which has been made easier lately because as a team we are not hitting the heights we were but we will be back of that I have no doubt and as you have pointed out we are not getting smashed every week.

Must admit I don't understand that either because for one I don't believe any team has a plan b they may tinker in the second half to stop certain players but that's it you never see any team totally transform a formation during a game.Also any manager who has any kind of eye sight will know they have to stop Jack which has been made easier lately because as a team we are not hitting the heights we were but we will be back of that I have no doubt and as you have pointed out we are not getting smashed every week.

And if you go back the previous 6 games , which goes back to mid December it’s won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2. The 2 losses being Manure and City away. So I would say again the pattern going into this game does not suggest being ‘found out’ or needing to drastically rethink what we are doing. We do actually have to accept , like any team at any level, a fluctuation of form during the season. It happens. Even against my lofty ambitions for this season we are doing fine so far....

As someone who lives in Leicestershire and is surrounded by their 'fans', it would be a major boost for me to take another 3 points off them on Sunday. They always seem to come crawling out of the woodwork when they are doing OK and go really quiet when they are not. There is one tosser who lives two doors away who goes orgasmic on Facebook when they win but keeps his head down when they lose. I asked him once why he doesn't go to the matches and he admitted that he has never been to the King Power stadium. I asked him if he had ever been to Filbert Street and the answer was the same - FFS, I have been to Filbert Street more times than he has!!
C'mon Villa, put these to bed and make my weekend:yes::utv:

As someone who lives in Leicestershire and is surrounded by their 'fans', it would be a major boost for me to take another 3 points off them on Sunday. They always seem to come crawling out of the woodwork when they are doing OK and go really quiet when they are not. There is one tosser who lives two doors away who goes orgasmic on Facebook when they win but keeps his head down when they lose. I asked him once why he doesn't go to the matches and he admitted that he has never been to the King Power stadium. I asked him if he had ever been to Filbert Street and the answer was the same - FFS, I have been to Filbert Street more times than he has!!
C'mon Villa, put these to bed and make my weekend:yes::utv:
Yep, the modern football "fan" to a T there, they must be loving all these games live on TV , I'm pretty sure we have many of that sort too

I think their result & performance tomorrow in Prague, plus injury update will determine Sunday's match....... plus of course, whether we actually turn up or not.

There was talk this morning about young Kesler, but I'd expect Elmo to fill in for Cash, with Kesler possibly on the bench.