MATCH DAY THREAD : West Ham United v The Mighty Blades | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : West Ham United v The Mighty Blades

Not_A_Cheat

Vital Reserves Team
So after our 6th win in 9 games, tonight we face a side that do not generally rub shoulders with the 3 team we lost to. So if we have improved, this is the tester to see just how much, and to get a positive result. I'm not very confident to be fair...

But anyway...

Any team news?

Baldock and Stevens to return?

Otherwise same starting lineup as in the cup?

Every team we think we could vaguely catch with a miracle are collecting points. It's making the improbable almost impossible, but one game at a time. I can't see us winning this though... 1-1 for me.

UTB

So for some on here we are already down but not me. The weekends results were not kind but win tonight and against Fulham and the picture looks alot brighter.
We have some very winnable games in April and May and it looks like Berge will be back for some of them. Not really bothered how we do it but 0-1 Blades tonight.

It would be good if we approached the game from the start with a view to winning it. I really don't see the point in sitting back again and hoofing when we get possession. Its been our downfall this season.

However, our defensive style got us up, kept us up, and is now taking us down again - at least there's symmetry there

It would be good if we approached the game from the start with a view to winning it. I really don't see the point in sitting back again and hoofing when we get possession. Its been our downfall this season.

However, our defensive style got us up, kept us up, and is now taking us down again - at least there's symmetry there

We're an equilateral triangle Aya!

1613391640993.png

Technically it wouldn't be a circle as a circle has no sides but I take your point. Sadly I think the likelihood is that we have ascended one side and are slipping and sliding down another.

Depends where you are looking at it from, a circle does have an outside if you are looking from within and to square the circle means to see equally or some such bollocks.

The reverse was one of our better showings in a period of games we were crap. Haller took one of their chances, Oli wasted ours.

Soucek has had his ban overturned which is a pisser, I think he's their most important player. Antonio is unlikely to last a full 90. This is their expected line-up, Fabianski; Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Cresswell; Rice, Soucek; Bowen, Lingard, Benrahma; Antonio - decent goalie, very good midfield but a defence our forwards have got to fancy themselves against.

I hope Norwood's had his three shredded wheat this morning. In the two times he's played against Moyes' West Ham he was particularly poor.

I hope Norwood's had his three shredded wheat this morning. In the two times he's played against Moyes' West Ham he was particularly poor.

He needs to grow a couple of inches and put on a couple of stone in weight - a bit too lightweight these days IMHO