The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that there are going to be a lot of players out of contract and looking for new clubs this summer. Covid has hit a lot of leagues very hard. The PL is fine because they have an enormous TV deal.

We may have finally seen the peak of player wage inflation.

The EPL vs. the rest of Europe is a perfect micro example of our capitalistic world. Rich get richer and the catastrophe of the pandemic will further strengthen the haves vs. have nots. We've picked up a lad for half his value just like multinational developers bought out Irish land for pennies in 2008.

What I do see with wages is some clubs are far more discerning than they used to be. Hutton and a few others not getting contracts while still at a good age show where a lot of clubs are at. Derby in the midst of getting relegated, bringing in Rooney who had no future, and now they probably don't have the money to get someone with a future. Disasterous idea to sign him.

Italian clubs seem to be the only ones playing with fire now. Italy are accumulating all the trash and older players from the EPL. It's like a mini-MLS or the final semi-respectable league before you go on to America or China.
Germany is very self-sufficient they've got rudderless clubs like WHU and Newcastle paying 40MM for flops while they go out and find 2 or 3 more players they'll flip in a few seasons.
French and Spanish clubs are just poorly run in general.

If we cash in on any of our better players this summer it's a sign that we aren't really going anywhere. Sell players and this is the peak, just like leicester and spurs.

I can’t see why we would need to sell konsa, unless he’s indicated he wants to leave. Realistically I don’t think we’d even think about anything under £50m and would probably ask for even more, and anything above that amount you start to think surely there must be a quality centre back playing Europe who could be even better with some change left over too

The silly season is coming. The BBC gossip page is now saying that Pool and Spurs are watching Konsa with a view to making a bid in the summer.

That's my point. He's clearly not good enough, so no need to rush him as he's still young.
he looked good enought when he got one chance against the league and world club champions
he needs to be on the bench and given his chance if it dont work out whats the harm but if he is the owen or rooney then we get lucky he needs to know that his hard work and goal scoring will pay off and move him closer to his dream

The silly season is coming. The BBC gossip page is now saying that Pool and Spurs are watching Konsa with a view to making a bid in the summer.
why would you find that so silly ???? do you not think he is good enough for spurs or liverpool because i think he is more than good enough
and for clubs like that to want our players says we are on the right tracks and going in the right direction . you need to show some faith in our players my friend that says we now have mings .dougie.jack and kons now all fancied by top 4 clubs

I can’t see why we would need to sell konsa, unless he’s indicated he wants to leave. Realistically I don’t think we’d even think about anything under £50m and would probably ask for even more, and anything above that amount you start to think surely there must be a quality centre back playing Europe who could be even better with some change left over too
if utd paid 80 million for there big donkey then konsa is worth at least that if not more as he is only young

why would you find that so silly ???? do you not think he is good enough for spurs or liverpool because i think he is more than good enough
and for clubs like that to want our players says we are on the right tracks and going in the right direction . you need to show some faith in our players my friend that says we now have mings .dougie.jack and kons now all fancied by top 4 clubs
VVD will be back for Liverpool. They needed a CB in January and didnt so cant see them spending big money in the summer. Levy at Spurs never pays big transfer fees. To suggest that I dont think he is not good enough is ridiculous because I rate him higher than Mings. The point I was making is that we are no longer a selling club where teams such as Spurs can just make a silly offer thinking they can get who they want. Oh and I am not your friend.

I don't think we'd contemplate selling any of our first XI, unless players and agents start forcing the issue.

There's always the chance of a Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry, Fabien Delph situation.. sometimes no matter how much you want someone to stay if they want to go they'll go.

But there's no way we'd be looking to sell any of them actively.

Transfers between PL clubs seem to be becoming few and far between. Any enquiry for a first choice player is now met with an eyewatering valuation by the selling club (Tarkowski for £50m is crazy, Konsa would at least be on a par if not more). The only PL players likely to move between clubs now are usually fringe players who aren't getting much game time i.e. Targett, Emi, Mings, Barkley. If we are going to make any big money signings this summer, they are likely to be from Europe

People have an outcry over the fees for the likes of Maguire and Tarkowski but that's what their clubs value(d) them at.

Look at Burnley, Tarkowski was their ready made replacement for Michael Keane; but their back-up now is Kevin Long who when best come in to replace either Mee or Tarkowski for prolonged periods in the league is when they hit slumps. They wasted £15m on Ben Gibson from Boro who was complimented on his season in the top flight with them but whose career has now stalled because he couldn't break up that centre-back partnership.

He is vital to their defensive solidity (and ultimately survival), so why would Burnley consider £15m for him when they've got to find a suitable replacement (someone willing to move to a club that has no aura or suggestion of going further) and train them to fit the system (which as with all signings isn't a guarantee), etc.

What a player's genuine value is should never really be taken into account in my opinion, it is what the player is worth to both the buying and selling club that determines his fee.

You also have to be conscious of comparing eras. This is now post-Covid, fees will be reduced and/or the number of moves less than before. Maguire at £80m was at the peak of the time before things got financially tough. I don't forsee a club willing to shell that out on a centre-back now for another 18 months at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.