Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 45 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

Could do with a full week off really, for our small squad. Trouble is most of our cover players are cup tied so we have to rest first choice players for league games, just as we are getting to the business end of the season.

I don't know why anyone thinks that was two points dropped, we were lucky still to be in it at half time.

Second half was an even game and though we took the lead late on, and Rogers and Johnson both missed sitters, Accrington had loads of opportunities. A draw was the least they deserved. They were the better team overall.

We improved second half but Accy overall were the more cohesive team. We did not deserve to win that game. I'm not sure what we were doing first half. Obviously still on the coach, oh wait a minute.

Don't know what to say after that. As badly as we played today we got a point when we got none for as well as we played against Doncaster. Cut out the sloppy mistakes and it's a game we would have won but Accrington played a big part in unsettling our game so it wasn't completely down to us.

Logistically I'll take the positives: the game got played, we picked up a point after a shocking first half and a gutsy second half, against absolute pest opponents and other teams dropped points.

On the downside Portsmouth and Posh have had a great weekend without playing at all.