Today's League One Match Thread (13/02/2021) | Page 8 | Vital Football

Today's League One Match Thread (13/02/2021)

Somehow, despite looking at the table every 45 minutes or so, we still aren't 10 points clear of the pack and obviously on target to cruise to the title.

Is anyone else a little jittery when we aren't in the above position?

Maybe I am asking too much?

I thought I would wind forward the games in hand for Donny, Accy, Oxford & Ipswich and wind back the extra games played by Sunderland, Hull and Charlton (at 3 points each game plus or minus), to see what a comparative table would look like,

Lincoln 26 52
Doncaster 26 51
Peterborough 26 49
Portsmouth 26 48
Accrington 26 47
Hull 26 43
Oxford 26 43
Ipswich 26 42
Sunderland 26 41
Charlton 26 37

If I do the same thing, but on the basis that we beat Accrington tomorrow, and set it to 27 games, we get this,

Lincoln 27 55
Doncaster 27 54
Peterborough 27 52
Portsmouth 27 51
Accrington 27 47
Hull 27 46
Oxford 27 46
Ipswich 27 45
Sunderland 27 44
Charlton 27 40

Either way, it is starting to develop into a top four and next six split, with only Oxford looking like they could possibly maintain a run to bridge the gap.

Interesting times ahead.

After the results today, a win tomorrow would do us alot of favours in terms of keeping a gap at the top. The longer we can go towards the end of the season with a 4 point gap between us and 3rd place the better.

Crucially after tomorrow we would have come through a pretty tough set of fixtures on paper and we will still be top.

Hull are falling apart, just as they did last season. Their form is incredible, especially considering that McCann was named MOM for January.

They have now played 28 games, and were 4 points clear of the rest after 14 games. But look at their record since then:

First 14 games: P14 W11 D0 L3 Pts33 - title-winning form
Second 14 games: P14 W4 D4 L6 Pts16 - relegation form

I can see a change of manager imminent, and at Charlton and Ipswich. I wonder which one DC will get?
So on that form, we dropped 2 points on Tuesday.

Judging from Hull recent form, most specifically against Burton and MK, yes it does seem like 2 points dropped.

Somehow, despite looking at the table every 45 minutes or so, we still aren't 10 points clear of the pack and obviously on target to cruise to the title.

Is anyone else a little jittery when we aren't in the above position?

Maybe I am asking too much?

I'd still see getting in the playoffs as a success. Well it would be the most successful season I've ever seen. So if we look like falling out of those positions I'll get jittery.

I'll carry on looking at winning the league as mad fantasy stuff for now.

I now have us as at least finishing 20th, every 2 points from now on takes us a place higher, in other words we will great promotion if we keep up two points a game, in the last 7 years no one in league has not been promoted with two points per game average, in other words we need to keep it up.

As of today I believe for the first day, we are now favourites with all the major bookies for promotion at about 2/1, and are odds on for promotion at 4/6, also 600/1 for relegation.