NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 467 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh down to insults pal that all you can do eh ?
Typical of some especially from you criticism of what others think or say
Then when they come back at you resort to childish remarks how old are you feckin 10

Which part is an insult, you made a fake claim about what I posted and haven't seemingly got the ability to check first.
If you want to talk about childish remarks re-read the constant drivel you keep posting about Lenegan.

Which part is an insult, you made a fake claim about what I posted and haven't seemingly got the ability to check first.
If you want to talk about childish remarks re-read the constant drivel you keep posting about Lenegan.
How do you know its fake and my remarks about leneghan aremy views
Bullshit about how he wanted one football club
While all the time he only ever wanted the stadium not the latics
Look if you don't like what I say then fekin put me on ignore
No loss to me

What about your childish insults about Lisa Nandy, is that ok ?
Freedom of speech this is a forum is it childish to not trust someone i dont trust her
Get over it,it is my view like i say if you dont like what i say dont read it

Doing something differently is changing the rules / processes they have in place.

Fund sources have been a huge amount of time taken by the EFL in these checks.

There is no logic behind them allowing one check which led to us going into administration and when we are trying to come out of administration using much different processes. Also if you are saying they've changed their processes then they should be legally liable for Au Yeung assuming control.

I don't believe they've formally changed the rules but they have certainly changed the level of scrutiny they are applying to funds. I suspect they don't want to public own up to their mistake and open themselves up to any liability but i think for all intents and purposes there has been an unofficial rules change. Or they just completely failed to do anything they were supposed to previously, maybe it's a little bit of both. The crap job they did last time is what is making them do such a thorough job this time as they are likely terrified of the blowback of screwing up twice in a row and our blood being undeniably on their hands if we fold.

We all know there is no way Yeung would've got through the level of scrutiny the Bahrainis are facing. So we could argue we are getting the worst of both worlds from the EFL by letting Yeung through too easily and are being too hard on the Bahrainis but we can say if it wasn't for these checks we could've already ended up with another bad owner in the Spanish. So maybe what is happening now is for the best, although it's painfully long winded.

There's thorough and ridiculous. This is turning into ridiculous!!!

There is no doubt this is dragging on, but without knowing the scale of what they are checking it's hard to know if they are being slow or if it's just the sheer quantity of work involved.

None of us know who these guys are, but the circumstance of the bid could drastically impact the amount of checking required. For example if it was 1 British person who had a small personal fortune that all came from 1 business in this country it would be much quicker and easier to check than if you have a consortium of multiple foreign people, with a much higher collective wealth who are all involved in multiple industries across the globe. It could be a simple straight line or a giant spiders web of threads to chase to validate everything.

We were hearing rumours and discontent from various parties on the Spanish bid quite early on - so there were signs of trouble brewing long before the deal collapsed. While in this instance we are right next to the finish line and unless someone has seen something i haven't - i've not seen any suggestion there are problems. So i'm quite optimistic that the delay is not down to anything damning and more down to the checks being very time consuming.

There is no doubt this is dragging on, but without knowing the scale of what they are checking it's hard to know if they are being slow or if it's just the sheer quantity of work involved.

None of us know who these guys are, but the circumstance of the bid could drastically impact the amount of checking required. For example if it was 1 British person who had a small personal fortune that all came from 1 business in this country it would be much quicker and easier to check than if you have a consortium of multiple foreign people, with a much higher collective wealth who are all involved in multiple industries across the globe. It could be a simple straight line or a giant spiders web of threads to chase to validate everything.

We were hearing rumours and discontent from various parties on the Spanish bid quite early on - so there were signs of trouble brewing long before the deal collapsed. While in this instance we are right next to the finish line and unless someone has seen something i haven't - i've not seen any suggestion there are problems. So i'm quite optimistic that the delay is not down to anything damning and more down to the checks being very time consuming.

Based on what looks like deeper checks from the EFL could it be asked would David Whelan meet the criteria of a fit and proper person, he has a history of bending rules to suit himself and being a wheeler dealer, many who have done business with him have been less than impressed with him or his ruthlessness.

I don't believe they've formally changed the rules but they have certainly changed the level of scrutiny they are applying to funds..

Whether or not they've changed the rules (or the process) with regard to checking the source of funds, I'm not sure, but as I posted, their site does show that something was changed with regard to the overall test back in October last year.

Who knew?

Statement from admin just gone up on the club site. Really thin on the ground for details.

But 2 points where we appear to be asking the EFL for permission to bring in more players due to injury (Pearce presumably) and they expect a positive outcome by early March. So we finally have a timeline at least.

Wigan Athletic FC - Statement From The Joint Administrators (12.02.21)

They are probably pissed off that regardless of what they post they are criticised for not enough information being given, even though there is probably no more to say and have decided to keep it short and take the hit.

Personally I don't blame them as they will get the same amount of shit for not posting as they do when they try to give us something tangible.

Positive outcome early March.
If that happens it would be an excellent 6#th birthday present for me.

Realistically they can't control nor even guess it will be early March, they just know it's almost certainly not going to be February. This statement will buy them about 3 days on here before someone else complains that it's taking ages and questions what's going on.
It's a holding statement and nothing more, it will take as long as it takes. Patience everyone.

The Owners' and Directors' test has indeed been amended. It says so at the end. It doesn't say how mind you, .

I suggest EFL have completed a root and branch review that now requires;

a. Wake up from slumber
b. Extricate finger from arse ....

and so on and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.